What would be your 2nd choice in VZW's upcoming big 3?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Suppose for some reason you decided NOT to get the Galaxy Nexus.

Between the RAZR and the Rezsound, what phone would you go for?

Myself, I would go with the Rezound as I would think that someday the boot-loader would be unlocked. I just dont see that happening with Motos on VZW.

Am I right?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
RAZR....Rezound's color scheme would get old in a hurry. I also happen to think the RAZR looks really, really nice.

And not that it has any bearing on my choice, because I would never weigh a phone's name in picking it - but Rezound totally sounds like a free-on-contract feature phone. Shame on you HTC. Either Vigor or Inc2 would have been so much nicer.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Rezound. Its obvious that qHD is going away. I wouldn't settle for less than 720p. I also don't buy phones vs. name.

Also keep in mind that the Rezound is basically a slighly upgraded Sensation XE, which has a zero shutter lag camera (if you believe HTC).

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Whatever ~4.3" phone comes out with NFC will win so to my knowledge that means waiting. If it doesn't come soon there's always AT&T (wish Sprint had a real network by me, they've got some nice phones)... I'd consider an LTE/GSM phone with a similar screen size as an upgrade but without a new feature that's interesting I couldn't care less about my phone being a little faster or having more pixels. I'd like for that phone to be Moto, but I'm not tied to it.

I don't understand people wanting "bloat free" or ICS on the Nexus, there will be plenty of ICS phones in the next few months (you probably have the hardware today) and there are a slew of bloat free ROMs - by someone's definition of "bloat" that is (the X ships with stock IME and Swype, I use Swype along side MultiLing so stock Android is bloat to me).

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Nexus is important because:

• For the masses who don't mod, its bloat free.
  • For those who do mod, there is ready source, all of it, as well as n unlockable bootloader.
  • It will receive updates faster than any other ICS phone, on the tune of about 3x faster.
  • ICS phones will not be seen for an easy 3+ months, which in the world of Android, is eternity.
  • The carrier doesn't decide what updates you get. You get all of them.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
RAZR! I don't want another phone with horrible battery life, and Rezound will be that with only 1650mAh battery coming with.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The RAZR is my front runner at this point, followed by the Galaxy Nexus due to form factor. I have no interest in the Rezound because I hate HTC Sense. I'm really tempted to pick up both the RAZR and Nexus just to have the best of both worlds.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't count the Razr with having great battery life yet. The Bionic didn't. Same cpu, + 200mhz doesn't help battery life either. That and coupled with the fact that you will NOT ever see an extended battery for it...

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Nexus is important because:

• For the masses who don't mod, its bloat free.
  • For those who do mod, there is ready source, all of it, as well as n unlockable bootloader.
  • It will receive updates faster than any other ICS phone, on the tune of about 3x faster.
  • ICS phones will not be seen for an easy 3+ months, which in the world of Android, is eternity.
  • The carrier doesn't decide what updates you get. You get all of them.

Exactly. People who don't understand this or who are freaking out for ridiculous reasons like the camera or the pentile screen or whatever should not be considering a Nexus. It is not the device for them.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My second choice... Considering I've been on an original DInc since it came out, I'd choose the Rezound. Even though I've never owned a Motorola phone beyond a RAZR2 back in the day, I've just always had a bad vision of them for Android phones.

Of course, none of that matters because I'll be getting the Galaxy Nexus for sure ;)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why I wouldn't get the Galaxy Nexus, but the Razr would be my 2nd choice. The Rezound looks like a big Incredible and it looks bulky. Now it may not be, but for some reason HTC's designs just don't look all that great to me anymore. Now the Rezound may end up being a super thin phone, but the extra design on the back just isn't flattering and it makes the thing look fat and bulky. HTC really needs to come up with some new designs.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If something went Horribly wrong with Nexus, which I doubt it will but :
Rezound would be my second choice. I dont wont the Razr for 2 reasons, locked bootloader, and its battery is non replaceable.

sent by tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would go with the Rezound if for some unbelievably odd reason the G Nexus didn't end up being my choice. Or (I know this is shocking to say the way people seem to go through phones) I would actually sit on my Charge until SGS3 comes out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac