demographic poll

I am buying this device because:

• Total voters

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Curious as to the demographics of the following of the G-Nex.

Which option describes your situation best?

Im not a dev by any means and want the phone for specs and the nexus part makes it even more of a flagship. Ill run it stock as is.

Lets hear your thoughts below, too.

Last edited:

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Not a Developer or even really a hacker.I just want a pure Google device where the OS upgrades will come unfiltered straight from Google itself with no carrier interference.

ggpike

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Not a developer, but use my phone for business. I have a Tbolt now but would prefer to go back to pure Android and not have to worry about whether the next Sense/HTC update is going to break something or have an issue with the phone that doesn't get addressed for 5 months or more. I need something reliable with consistant timely updates, support, and the ability to keep up with my work. I've loved having LTE and really am looking forward to partnering that with ICS.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Not a developer but I do aspire to get into the thick of it one day. In this case, however, I'm getting the phone purely for the Nexus experience on Verizon's network.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This phone is everything I want in a phone: dual core, LTE, large screen SAMOLED, zero bloatware, latest version of Android with updates directly from the source. I might write some apps at some point, but I have no plans right now.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Basically want to root. I'm sure there will be some very good roms out shortly after launch that add new features. I went from using CM7 on my Inc to a stock AOSP rom, but just can't go without a lot of the CM7 features. Mainly the notification bar widgets.

anon(392846)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the Nexus is/will be the only phone on Verizon that offers NFC capability, which I've said before is my one requirement in my next phone. Also, my current phone is OG DROID, and that's as close to a Nexus as Verizon has had, so this just feels right.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It's the only device available on VZW with NFC. It's not the only phone getting ICS (and Moto promises said ICS pretty quickly, but I still think Cyanogen will beat them to it). It's not the only phone to allow rooting or custom ROMs, a locked bootloader doesn't stop me from doing what I want with my X. Even if it has the "best" screen by some definition, it probably won't be by all definitions. It won't have the top-end GPU/CPU you'll get from consumer phones. It's a developer phone with the one feature that I want to play with - NFC.

Last edited:

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Not a Developer or even really a hacker.I just want a pure Google device where the OS upgrades will come unfiltered straight from Google itself with no carrier interference.

Yup. Plus I want a big screen and a lightning fast phone. And no bloatware. And a better camera than my droid. And ICS...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(236746)

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a programmer. I've been on an iPhone (3G) since 2009, which is great, but stale. I'm looking to this as my next personal device. Also, I might get the opportunity to do some Android development soon...which I haven't had enough insomnia to do it in my free time :)

Edit: just saw the poll (dang Tapatalk). Please tell me misspelling "happiness" was intentional :p

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes