10-31-2011 06:27 PM
209 1234 ...
tools
    Please do us all a huge favor, and DON'T BUY THIS PHONE!!!!
    You clearly want us to convince you that this is the phone to buy. Clearly isn't good enough for you.
    Maybe wait for the rumored quad-core processor that isn't even being manufactured, and once it comes out don't get it either since the new rumored hexa-core will be out in 2013.

Thanks.
    How will me not buying this phone be a huge favor to everybody?
    10-25-2011 03:04 PM
    I'm sure he's joking. But what some people do is complain about a phone before it comes out, buy it anyway, complain about owning it, then sell it for a next Gen product and talk about how much better it is (obviously its newer)...
    10-25-2011 03:07 PM
    I can honestly say, that of all the phones I have had with Android on them, none have NOT had Gorilla Glass.

1. Droid 1 --No scratches.
    2. Droid Incredible --Scratches.
    3. Samsung Fascinate --Scratches. All SGS phones have GG.
    4. HTC Thunderbolt --Scratches.
    5. Samuns Continuum --Scratches. All SGS phones have GG.
    6. Droid Incredible 2 --No scratches.

So far, GG hasn't met its expectations for me.
    I thought the Dinc2 didnt have GG?

If Samsung releases some info on the screens protective coating.. i.e. - their really is one.. like say dragontrail.. I will more then happily buy one. I am not tied to the brand name Gorilla Glass.

But with that said, I would of been more then happy if it was coming with Gorilla Glass.
    10-25-2011 03:08 PM
    Easily. You will hopefully stop doubting Galaxy Nexus the phone that's not even out, and move on to the next device that may suit your doubting appetites.
    10-25-2011 03:09 PM
    Easily. You will hopefully stop doubting Galaxy Nexus the phone that's not even out, and move on to the next device that may suit your doubting appetites.
    Huh?
    10-25-2011 03:14 PM
    Gorilla glass has to many patents to replicate
    Well, tell that to the makers of Dragontail.
    10-25-2011 03:16 PM
    GG is the stuff, especially for very active people. My Droid still has no scratches almost two years later despite having no protector. It does have two tiny cracks from severe falls (one from 1m with almost 50kg driving it onto asphalt). Neither crack has spread.

Contrast that with a minor fall that shattered an iPhone.

Not having GG isn't a deal breaker but it is a bitter disappointment. Let's hope dragonwhatever can hold up its end.
    10-25-2011 03:17 PM
    Being objective and asking questions about the phone isnt doubting it.

On the other hand no idea why everyone is defending this thing like they personally invested 50k in it.

Lets debate the phone.. the whole reason people say anything negative or ask any questions is because they are considering buying it.. I get it that some of you have already blindly made this decision and could careless if the phone oozed lava on your face every time you used it you would still buy it.
    10-25-2011 03:19 PM
    I thought the Dinc2 didnt have GG?

If Samsung releases some info on the screens protective coating.. i.e. - their really is one.. like say dragontrail.. I will more then happily buy one. I am not tied to the brand name Gorilla Glass.

But with that said, I would of been more then happy if it was coming with Gorilla Glass.
    Incredible 2 is an Incredible S with a cdma radio. It even has nearly the same software, and even had that odd 2.6.35 kernel and Sense 2.1 on Froyo like the S did.

Its gorilla glass.

CORNING GORILLA GLASS | HTC
    10-25-2011 03:21 PM

On the other hand no idea why everyone is defending this thing like they personally invested 50k in it.

Lets debate the phone.. the whole reason people say anything negative or ask any questions is because they are considering buying it.. I get it that some of you have already blindly made this decision and could careless if the phone oozed lava on your face every time you used it you would still buy it.
    Very good points. This is exactly my thought process on the situation as well.
    10-25-2011 03:21 PM

...or maybe some of us have more knowlege on it to not knock it for stuff like running 300mhz slower than an inferior cpu?
    10-25-2011 03:22 PM
    GG is the stuff, especially for very active people. My Droid still has no scratches almost two years later despite having no protector. It does have two tiny cracks from severe falls (one from 1m with almost 50kg driving it onto asphalt). Neither crack has spread.

Contrast that with a minor fall that shattered an iPhone.
    The iPhone uses Gorilla Glass.
    10-25-2011 03:24 PM

Guys, you're forgetting the fact that no one has tried this phone. You're debating over the specs and judging the phone like you already own it! Questions like: "how is the sound", "is the GPS fixed", or statements like: "the screen is only pentile and it sucks", "processor is slow", "gfx chip is old and it sucks", etc, without even trying the phone is a waste of bandwidth, AC's server space, imho.
    We don't know how well the phone runs, but knowing that old Nexus S still feels smoother than any dual core phone on the market gives me enough confidence that Galaxy Nexus will probably be the smoothest and fastest phones for a while.. (unless you're caught up with benchmarking 24/7)
    Just my 2c...
    marecki7 likes this.
    10-25-2011 03:26 PM
    ...or maybe some of us have more knowlege on it to not knock it for stuff like running 300mhz slower than an inferior cpu?
    true, and by him asking that question.. and you answering it.. it provided me with the knoweledge.

but I was never considering the Rezound anyhow. The Galaxy Nexus is my front runner and as long as it passes some basic screen scratch tests im in.

hopefully some review units get out soon and some people can do this very test.. and make people like myself happy.
    marecki7 likes this.
    10-25-2011 03:27 PM
    Guys, you're forgetting the fact that no one has tried this phone. You're debating over the specs and judging the phone like you already own it! Questions like: "how is the sound", "is the GPS fixed", or statements like: "the screen is only pentile and it sucks", "processor is slow", "gfx chip is old and it sucks", etc, without even trying the phone is a waste of bandwidth, AC's server space, imho.
    We don't know how well the phone runs, but knowing that old Nexus S still feels smoother than any dual core phone on the market gives me enough confidence that Galaxy Nexus will probably be the smoothest and fastest phones for a while.. (unless you're caught up with benchmarking 24/7)
    Just my 2c...
    To be honest.. debating these phones and discussing these dumb little details is half the fun in buying a phone. Once I own a phone these sites arent as entertaining.. but the wait for a phone and discussing every little bit until I own it is entertaining. Hopefully it doesnt bog down AC's servers but sites like this probably get the most traffic prior to big launches like whats coming up.
    marecki7 and Jdm4292 like this.
    10-25-2011 03:28 PM
    So what if we have a 1.2 ghz instead of 1.5. ICS is optimized for this processor and by the looks of the demos it looks pretty smooth. U r just going by specs, not everyday use. I hate to mention the iPhone, but it is a perfect example of this. It's processor is only 800mhz and its still smooth. Why? Because the os is optimized for it.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.
    10-25-2011 03:30 PM
    It was an original iPhone. When did it go to GG?
    10-25-2011 03:32 PM
    Not according to Corning.

CORNING GORILLA GLASS
    10-25-2011 03:33 PM
    Well, tell that to the makers of Dragontail.
    Everyone keeps saying that....DragontRail isn't replicated Gorilla glass though, it there own chemical make up. Supposedly better like I mentioned maybe Samsung came up with something better, but I really think they would have advertised about it instead of the generic "fortified glass"...
    10-25-2011 03:33 PM
    I look at it like this.

It doesn't have Gorilla Glass. Check. I will use Ghost Armor, which nobody can see anyways if properly applied. No biggie.

My previous list....I have scratched most Gorilla Glass phones I have had and thats not with dropping them. Thats normal use, occasionally dirty hands, and dropping it into my pocket like everyone else.

Gorilla Glass or not, I will use a screen protector.
    10-25-2011 03:36 PM
    You guys, let's face it. Concern is growing. Samsung and Google just need to flat out cancel this device. It's dead on arrival.
    10-25-2011 03:38 PM
    Everyone keeps saying that....DragontRail isn't replicated Gorilla glass though, it there own chemical make up. Supposedly better like I mentioned maybe Samsung came up with something better, but I really think they would have advertised about it instead of the generic "fortified glass"...
    Now you are arguing semantics. You made it sound like that nobody else could do what Corning has. Thats not true. Even if thats not what you meant, thats what your words imply.

Anyway, Samsung reps that speak out on the web rarely have technical details or knowledge, so them saying fortified instead of a brand name is perfectly within the realm of expected.
    10-25-2011 03:39 PM
    You guys, let's face it. Concern is growing. Samsung and Google just need to flat out cancel this device. It's dead on arrival.
    Mwahaha there you go. I don't know why didn't they already cancel it
    10-25-2011 03:42 PM
    Oh, while we are arguing the godliness of Gorilla Glass:

droid shattered screen - Google Search
    10-25-2011 03:46 PM
    I look at it like this.

It doesn't have Gorilla Glass. Check. I will use Ghost Armor, which nobody can see anyways if properly applied. No biggie.

My previous list....I have scratched most Gorilla Glass phones I have had and thats not with dropping them. Thats normal use, occasionally dirty hands, and dropping it into my pocket like everyone else.

Gorilla Glass or not, I will use a screen protector.
    I've never heard of that. Is ghost armor better than zagg in your opinion?

LOL!!
    10-25-2011 03:47 PM
209 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD