Concerns seem to be building

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
About as freaking stupid as someone being surprised that people have expressed concerns in a thread called "concerns seem to be building"? Lol :)

Surprised? Nope. I expect as much.

That doesn't make the constant bickering that happens before Verizon releases any Android phone any less tedious or stressful.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Agreed....I just want the damn thing already...Screen protector and case with insurance....no worries about durability w/ best software....

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't sound like BS to you?

Corning would be within all legal rights to advertise who uses their products, unless it was some top secret classified information. I don't think iPhone falls under that :D

As a matter of fact, this happens all the time between manufacturers and everything comes down to legal contracts between the companies themselves about exactly what is and is not acceptable or approved.

And if you haven't noticed, iPhone and Apple are a pretty big deal with very strict control around their brand and product.

(I know I'm asking for it with this post... lol)

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla Glass, like all hardened mineral glass is inferior and sucks. Until I can have a phone with the same optical quality sapphire that I have on my dress watch, I'm gonna rant.

I know you were trying to make a point, but just for arguments sake, sapphire though HIGHLY scratch resistant, is also highly likely to shatter upon blunt force.. (as an owner of 8 watches, 6 which are sapphire automatics or manual-wind.. )

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Gorilla Glass, like all hardened mineral glass is inferior and sucks. Until I can have a phone with the same optical quality sapphire that I have on my dress watch, I'm gonna rant.

^looks pretty freaking stupid doesn't it?

I swear to christ Verizon could launch a phone made of solid gold that provided sexual satisfaction and half the people would complain about it. Buy whatever you want. Nobody here has the answers you want to hear -- only you can decide whats best for you.

All I know is every time I hear someone who bought a Vigor or RAZR cry about updates, I'm gonna laugh inside.

I vote this post as a perfect example for implementing a dislike option along with like and thanks.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Threads like this only illustrate that some people have a complete misunderstanding of the technology they use and talk about. Making bold factual proclamations about things that are unverifiable or even illogical (like saying the Samoled HD screen is "outdated" when it's the first of it's kind) gives this little to no credibility.

Brandon

Reactions: greydarrah

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Threads like this only illustrate that some people have a complete misunderstanding of the technology they use and talk about. Making bold factual proclamations about things that are unverifiable or even illogical (like saying the Samoled HD screen is "outdated" when it's the first of it's kind) gives this little to no credibility.

Brandon

It's similar to the original Galaxy S and the Nexus S. The newer type of sAMOLED was used with the Galaxy S II. So no...It's not the first of its kind at all. It simply has more pixels.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
There needs to be a Nexus complaint sub-forum.

Too bad Android doesn't have a Jobs that will die and then everyone forgets that the Nexus isn't the huge upgrade they were hoping for.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
nexus = the winner for people looking for a toy (not to slight it.. its just going to be favored by devs, people who want something techy)

razr = the winner for people looking for a phone (that has a solid radio, build, and gps)

I cant buy another samsung at this point.. I care most about my phone working as a phone.

If I had endless money.. and considered rom'ing etc as a hobby.. the nexus would be on my list aswell.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
razr = the winner for people looking for a phone (that has a solid radio, build, and gps)

How do we know Razr's radio is not all messed up? We haven't tried it, right?
BMX said that Nexus's LTE performance is on par with Bionic's. He also said that because of Nexus he hasn't spent too much time with other two phones.
I think I'll trust his judgement.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I cannot see the Razr as a choice device for a phone with a sealed battery. At that point, you might as well go iPhone, which you know for certain will have good battery life.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Nexus = the winner for people who don't want to have to deal with Motorola's inept handling of software and the huge bug list that follows any release or update.

RAZR = the winner for people who like bugs, force closes, horribly bloated and inefficient software from a company who doesn't care what the users want.

Forums = the winner for people who need to complain and justify their choice with others, instead of being happy with their own decision.

See what I did there?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm an angry fanboy

thats all I saw.

edit:

Motorola is in the business of making phones. I have a fascinate.. the forums were very active for a while because of numerous bugs.

I see forums from all MFG's very active because of numerous bugs.

Are you implying Motorola is more prone to issues then other MFG's? if so you are full of it.

What you are implying is that users cant tweak it and "fix" these issues (and at the same time create a whole bunch of more issues) because of a locked bootloader.

I get it your upset Motorola isnt allowing you to use the phone as a toy.. but like I said they are busy making PHONES.. not mini dev devices.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So why is the motorola fanboy in the Galaxy Nexus forum again? Seems like he's about as delusional and brainwashed as the iSheep

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia