Concerns seem to be building

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So what if we have a 1.2 ghz instead of 1.5. ICS is optimized for this processor and by the looks of the demos it looks pretty smooth. U r just going by specs, not everyday use. I hate to mention the iPhone, but it is a perfect example of this. It's processor is only 800mhz and its still smooth. Why? Because the os is optimized for it.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, tell that to the makers of Dragontail.

Everyone keeps saying that....DragontRail isn't replicated Gorilla glass though, it there own chemical make up. Supposedly better like I mentioned maybe Samsung came up with something better, but I really think they would have advertised about it instead of the generic "fortified glass"...

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I look at it like this.

It doesn't have Gorilla Glass. Check. I will use Ghost Armor, which nobody can see anyways if properly applied. No biggie.

My previous list....I have scratched most Gorilla Glass phones I have had and thats not with dropping them. Thats normal use, occasionally dirty hands, and dropping it into my pocket like everyone else.

Gorilla Glass or not, I will use a screen protector.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Everyone keeps saying that....DragontRail isn't replicated Gorilla glass though, it there own chemical make up. Supposedly better like I mentioned maybe Samsung came up with something better, but I really think they would have advertised about it instead of the generic "fortified glass"...

Now you are arguing semantics. You made it sound like that nobody else could do what Corning has. Thats not true. Even if thats not what you meant, thats what your words imply.

Anyway, Samsung reps that speak out on the web rarely have technical details or knowledge, so them saying fortified instead of a brand name is perfectly within the realm of expected.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I look at it like this.

It doesn't have Gorilla Glass. Check. I will use Ghost Armor, which nobody can see anyways if properly applied. No biggie.

My previous list....I have scratched most Gorilla Glass phones I have had and thats not with dropping them. Thats normal use, occasionally dirty hands, and dropping it into my pocket like everyone else.

Gorilla Glass or not, I will use a screen protector.

I've never heard of that. Is ghost armor better than zagg in your opinion?

You guys, let's face it. Concern is growing. Samsung and Google just need to flat out cancel this device. It's dead on arrival.

LOL!!

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I read something last week (i'm on my phone so I can't pull the link) that the iPhone uses GG, but Corning isn't allowed to market that fact.

That doesn't sound like BS to you?

Corning would be within all legal rights to advertise who uses their products, unless it was some top secret classified information. I don't think iPhone falls under that :D

Either way, I have some of those too :D

iphone shattered - Google Search

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone who was around for the previous Nexus device launches comment on whether it's been like this before? I don't feel like the SGS2 had this much nervousness surrounding the release.

I have to laugh at the defenders, as well though. If someone says they don't want the GN because it doesn't have this feature or that feature, they react as if someone shot their grandmother.

Do you see all civil debates that way?

Should people who disagree not speak their sides, and just go home?

If only the world worked that way...

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Now you are arguing semantics. You made it sound like that nobody else could do what Corning has. Thats not true. Even if thats not what you meant, thats what your words imply.

Anyway, Samsung reps that speak out on the web rarely have technical details or knowledge, so them saying fortified instead of a brand name is perfectly within the realm of expected.

No, you had it right. Supposedly Corning is more scratch resistant. While Dragontrail is more shatter resistant. So like I initially said my only concern is the lack gorilla glass for the list of concerns. I feel as if my concern is upsetting you. For that I am sorry...I just want this phone to be durable enough for me...

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you see all civil debates that way?

Should people who disagree not speak their sides, and just go home?

If only the world worked that way...

LOL very true.
We have doubters that haven't even tested the phone, but are already creating the problem with "Concerns seem to be building" statements haha, straight out of the late night infomercials, except they have no product to market as a solution ;)

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
No, you had it right. Supposedly Corning is more scratch resistant. While Dragontrail is more shatter resistant. So like I initially said my only concern is the lack gorilla glass for the list of concerns. I feel as if my concern is upsetting you. For that I am sorry...I just want this phone to be durable enough for me...

I'm not sure what would make you think I am upset. I haven't shown any emotion?

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
before I sent in my OG droid to be repaired it had 3 scratches on the screen from normal use...

not from drops or anything catastrophic

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
LOL very true.
We have doubters that haven't even tested the phone, but are already creating the problem with "Concerns seem to be building" statements haha, straight out of the late night infomercials, except they have no product to market as a solution ;)

And there are fanboys who haven't even tested the phone. And yet they refuse to hear anything even remotely negative about it...Straight out of late night infomercials (whatever that means).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol