Concerns seem to be building

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather drop the voltage and keep the current clock ;)

Yeah, but unless I'm using an N64 emulator I probably won't need 1.2 GHz, so I figure I'll underclock and undervolt even more.

To top it all off, battery technology hasn't really progressed in the last 5 years so it's clearly the weakest link.

Battery technology has hardly progressed in the past decade. I've heard stories about tiny engines that run off of a single drop of fuel for months as a way to replace batteries. I would love for this to happen in the near future.

Also, my friend who has a Thunderbolt and has rooted says that the battery life is way better. Sometimes he has to charge it mid day, but only with really heavy use. LTE plus a 4.65" 720p screen is gonna totally kill the battery though.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I thought that early duel core discussions claimed that they would run more efficiently and drop power consumption? If so, now that ICS will actually utilize duel core technology, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Also, my friend who has a Thunderbolt and has rooted says that the battery life is way better. Sometimes he has to charge it mid day, but only with really heavy use. LTE plus a 4.65" 720p screen is gonna totally kill the battery though.

Yeah that's probably true, battery technology has been lagging for a while, but at the same time it pushes SoC manufacturers to make even smaller and more efficient chips.
I've been using ThunderBolt since March 17th when it came out, and it's been a struggle, but extended 2750mAh ugly battery does the trick. Or a secondary regular battery.
There are lots of tweaks you can do to preserve battery, but my advise is get another backup battery, or carry a charger, and enjoy your LTE phone to the fullest! ;)

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Only one of your concerns that concern me is the lack of gorilla glass....in the winter I'll occasionly conceal carry in my Xoom's bag. A few times I've accidentally slid my Xoom in the wrong pocket and then carried the bag around all, tossing it around and such. The screen looks brand new still, hell I've used it as a coaster.

Click to view quoted image

While it might not be impervious to damage its in a league of its own vs the competition.

have you tested against the competition? if so what? i understand it is a good product but, how have you tested against competition?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad you learned something about vendor agreements.

Well first of all, I stated it as my opinion. So both the prior and this comment are uncalled for.

Would you like it if I replied to you and said, I'm glad you learned something about Android?

Second, its better to keep me an ally than an enemy when it comes to Android. I have been nothing but civil in this thread and if I am wrong on something, so be it. Correct me and move on. Don't rub it in like a jerk.

Third, even Apple said its not Gorilla Glass. So that lays the argument to rest anyway. They are using aluminosilicate glass. AFAIK, thats not GG.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't want this to run too far off topic, but this needs to be addressed since it's a moderator.
Second, its better to keep me an ally than an enemy when it comes to Android. I have been nothing but civil in this thread and if I am wrong on something, so be it. Correct me and move on. Don't rub it in like a jerk.

Adrynalyne said I was immature for pointing out the idea that vendor agreements do not exist is "laughable." Fair enough, I didn't realize Adrynalyne was unaware about the common practice of vendor agreements. Some people are more sensitive than others. However, Adrynalyne had already said my point "sounded like BS." Was that immature? Was that civil?

FWIW Corning makes an "aluminosilicate glass."

Lastly, what do you mean by "its better to keep me an ally than an enemy when it comes to Android?" I'd love to hear an explanation since it's coming from a moderator.

Thanks

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Lastly, what do you mean by "its better to keep me an ally than an enemy when it comes to Android?" I'd love to hear an explanation since it's coming from a moderator.

Thanks

Considering it sounds like he has plans to develop on the GNex and likely knows a lot more about android than almost anyone here, it's probably a good idea to not act like a child.

Reactions: Adrynalyne

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar