Concerns seem to be building

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I don't want this to run too far off topic, but this needs to be addressed since it's a moderator.

Adrynalyne said I was immature for pointing out the idea that vendor agreements do not exist is "laughable." Fair enough, I didn't realize Adrynalyne was unaware about the common practice of vendor agreements. Some people are more sensitive than others. However, Adrynalyne had already said my point "sounded like BS." Was that immature? Was that civil?

FWIW Corning makes an "aluminosilicate glass."

Lastly, what do you mean by "its better to keep me an ally than an enemy when it comes to Android?" I'd love to hear an explanation since it's coming from a moderator.

Thanks

First of all, I asked you if it sounded like BS (Go back and look if you don't believe me)? And it was what you read I said sounded like BS, not you. Nice try.

Second, I said when it comes to Android. I do not play petty games as a moderator and insult Android Central's reputation. Once again, nice try.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Never been a fan of Glocks. How is it?

And about battery life, I would imagine it to be pretty reasonable for this phone. I'll most likely underclock it eventually anyways. All my friends with LTE phones (Thunderbolts) always complain about battery life, but I expect power management to be way better in ICS.

Yeah, you either love em or hate em. Its a power house near 357 may power in an auto load cartridge. I also have a drop in. 40s&w barrel for it. Usupes the same mags and all. Makes it cheaper to practice with. Summertime I usually carry a g26 which is a compact 9mm.

I agree with the post from adrynalyne pertaining battery life. Keep the current clock but undervolt until its not stable then back up a bit.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Let's get back on topic, folks.

I have been following this device since rumors first surfaced about its existence. Throughout this entire team, this device has been rumored to be a "super phone." That coupled with ICS made this phone purchase a no-brainer.
The problem is basically your expectations; you bought into the marketing hype.

The GN is simply a showcase for ICS. All along, the missing piece was the feature set of ICS. The GN was never about the hardware; it was about merging tablet features with phone features.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
^^ This.

Solid device with bleeding edge software is the Nexus motto.

Even when the Nexus One came out, the Incredible came out shortly after with the same specs.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
1) Outdated GPU.

I doubt you would be able to tell. Why do people want a PHONE to run Crysis?

2) Unimpressive CPU (The Rezound is rumored to come with a 1.5 ghz processor)

GHz argument is the same as the Megapixel argument. Quality over Quantity.

3) No Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass has been very good to me in the past.

Kleenex has been very good in the past, but I can use Puffs.

4) No microSD card slot.

Last Nexus didn't have an SD slot. Galaxy Tab 10.1 doesn't have it. Xoom is read only. If carriers didn't cap/throttle data, this would not be an issue. This is a valid concern for some.

5) PenTile screen (Why outdated technology?)

Not outdated...316 dpi 720P display. If they could make the pixels any smaller, they would be able to fit RGB stripe, but they have used the most advanced technology available for OLED displays and this is it. Next year they might be able to do RGB stripe. I doubt you will be able to see that this is PenTile. Don't compare Motorola PenTile with Samsung PenTile. Moto sucks, Sammy doesn't. True RGB stripe would be better, but just not technologically possible at this price point.

6) Rumored issues with battery life. I don't think I've seen a single picture taken of the Galaxy Nexus with more than 20% battery life.

Battery has been reported as twice as good as the Bionic

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't want this to run too far off topic, but this needs to be addressed since it's a moderator.

Adrynalyne said I was immature for pointing out the idea that vendor agreements do not exist is "laughable." Fair enough, I didn't realize Adrynalyne was unaware about the common practice of vendor agreements. Some people are more sensitive than others. However, Adrynalyne had already said my point "sounded like BS." Was that immature? Was that civil?

FWIW Corning makes an "aluminosilicate glass."

Lastly, what do you mean by "its better to keep me an ally than an enemy when it comes to Android?" I'd love to hear an explanation since it's coming from a moderator.

Thanks

Really? Ok without taking sides. This is far too personal and off topic. Please....just please....Drop it. OT, I think everyone's concerns are valid...ok most everyone's and need to be truly addressed when the phone comes out. Hell let's start with when Verizon announces the phone....officially.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't want a preorder date, I want a launch date. I am hoping it is like the boinic with no preorder, just a availability date. It would also be nice if Costco had a accessory bundle pack too.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Phonetically it's "a dry ina line"

Do you normally pronounce words that doesn't exist phonetically?

I find that fascinating and maybe a little sad.

Anyway, next off topic comment gets deleted. Time to get back on track with whining about the specs.

Last edited:

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Everyone keeps talking about the no sd slot. Has Samsung even confirmed this? On the day of the announcement when they announced the specs several things were missing. 1. They didn't mention who made the processor. Not sure if they normally do mention or not. 2. They didn't mention the camera specs at all. 3. They didn't mention anything about storage what so ever. Not how much internal, or external. So am I missing where Samsung has unveiled these specs? It seems like everyone is going off rumors at this point, and so little about the workings under the hood of this phone has been revealed.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The specs have been confirmed whether Samsung announced them or not. I trust the people that confirmed them.

I like the angle of playing devil's advocate and hoping for the best, but this is a for sure thing.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Everyone keeps talking about the no sd slot. Has Samsung even confirmed this? On the day of the announcement when they announced the specs several things were missing. 1. They didn't mention who made the processor. Not sure if they normally do mention or not. 2. They didn't mention the camera specs at all. 3. They didn't mention anything about storage what so ever. Not how much internal, or external. So am I missing where Samsung has unveiled these specs? It seems like everyone is going off rumors at this point, and so little about the workings under the hood of this phone has been revealed.

Don't know if Samsung has said anything official about it or not, but there have been pictures of the front, back, top, bottom, both sides, battery cover off and battery taken out of the phone. No where is there a slot for a Micro SD card, a place for the sim but not the SD.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The specs have been confirmed whether Samsung announced them or not. I trust the people that confirmed them.

I like the angle of playing devil's advocate and hoping for the best, but this is a for sure thing.

I wasn't playing anything. just saying until it's announced by the person building the phone it's all rumor. And why exactly was I just banned?

Don't know if Samsung has said anything official about it or not, but there have been pictures of the front, back, top, bottom, both sides, battery cover off and battery taken out of the phone. No where is there a slot for a Micro SD card, a place for the sim but not the SD.

I understand your points. So why the secret when it comes to announcing the storage specs of the phone?