Concerns seem to be building

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I get it your upset Motorola isnt allowing you to use the phone as a toy.. but like I said they are busy making PHONES.. not mini dev devices.

Is that why my Bionic can't hold a constant signal? And if all your interest in is a phone, why on earth are you paying the prices for these devices and their required data packages? Get a feature phone. Smartphones are, for all intents and purposes, very small computers/tablets that people buy to use as such. Excusing Motorola for underachieving by saying they are in the business of making phones is ridiculous.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Nexus = the winner for people who don't want to have to deal with Motorola's inept handling of software and the huge bug list that follows any release or update.

RAZR = the winner for people who like bugs, force closes, horribly bloated and inefficient software from a company who doesn't care what the users want.

Forums = the winner for people who need to complain and justify their choice with others, instead of being happy with their own decision.

See what I did there?

I see it. :D

I don't think Philly did LOL.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I get it your upset Motorola isnt allowing you to use the phone as a toy.. but like I said they are busy making PHONES.. not mini dev devices.

Hmmm.

Toy = entertainment for me,my wife, or my child. Or for some other...adult things ;)

Phone = tool.

Mini-dev device = tool.

You sir, are confused.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Is that why my Bionic can't hold a constant signal? And if all your interest in is a phone, why on earth are you paying the prices for these devices and their required data packages? Get a feature phone. Smartphones are, for all intents and purposes, very small computers/tablets that people buy to use as such. Excusing Motorola for underachieving by saying they are in the business of making phones is ridiculous.

So are you saying that Motorola's have bad signal? Ive been following these threads and noone has mentioned anything about Motorolas having bad signal until now.. I guess its kinda like how all of a sudden noone cares about Gorilla Glass the instant its confirmed not on the Galaxy Nexus.

Brand does matter.. Hence why I drive an Audi.. not a Suzuki.

I use my phone for apps, web, msgs, calls etc.. My point I was/am trying to make is that the most important factors should be how it works as a phone.. its durability, its signal strength, battery life, etc.

(edit: one of my biggest deciding factors was the need for a good GPS.. the fascinate GPS is ridiculous.. I have to unlock my screen like 5 times before its locked.. my screen timeout is like 60 seconds+.. and other users reporting the charge.. a brand new Samsung phone has the same issues... Plus I personally think ICS will look nicer with hardware keys then screen keys)

Not whether or not it has a locked bootloader. I love Android devices.. but at the time I'm currently looking to upgrade my PHONE.. I'm not just looking for the next piece of technology.. I came into this extremely unbias and researched both..

So for the sake of getting a nice phone.. that also will allow me to do everything Android will allow minus rom/root it (which I wouldnt do anyhow). I chose the Motorola.. The Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus line has always been considered a DEV DEVICE.

Its obnoxious how fanboyish it is on here.. not every person who likes ANDROID phones is using it as a hobby or job(dev'ing).. Android serves some hundred million peoples phones.. is this xda forums or androidcentral?

wow... totally didnt even read your last sentence.. did you seriously say excusing motorola is ridiculous?? this has been about a solid week of people making excuses and convincing themselves that every shortcoming of the nexus is a feature since the reveal.. its been funny to watch and almost kinda sad.

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
thats all I saw.

edit:

Motorola is in the business of making phones. I have a fascinate.. the forums were very active for a while because of numerous bugs.

I see forums from all MFG's very active because of numerous bugs.

Are you implying Motorola is more prone to issues then other MFG's? if so you are full of it.

What you are implying is that users cant tweak it and "fix" these issues (and at the same time create a whole bunch of more issues) because of a locked bootloader.

attachment.php

Reactions: Adrynalyne

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
I think all manufacturers are in the business of making phones. Motorola though is in the business of making money and pushing out products that are not ready.

No?

What do you call the bionic?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think all manufacturers are in the business of making phones. Motorola though is in the business of making money and pushing out products that are not ready.

No?

What do you call the bionic?

Was the Tbolt ready?

I know my Fascinate wasnt. The 2.2 that it was practically suppose to launch with arrived about 7 months later.

Listen.. I have never even owned a Motorola smartphone.. I just know I dont want Samsung.. I got my girl an HTC Rhyme.. and I'm trying out Motorola.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Another good example was the TBolt. Most of these manufacturers are out to make fast cash regardless of whether the product is ready or not. I'm in no way biased or a fan boy. I am also not a dev. I am however a Doctor who has been through too many buggy devices that become obsolete in months and have seen how much love the Nexus line gets.

I would not worry about GPS on the Galaxy. Samsung is not behind this software its Google. If anything is faulty at launch updates (as many as necessary) will be pushed out ASAP.

So while I appreciate the apps and hacks. I really need a device that just plain works. I'm sure that will be the SG.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
this has been about a solid week of people making excuses and convincing themselves that every shortcoming of the nexus is a feature since the reveal.. its been funny to watch and almost kinda sad.

And just what are these shortcomings? The phone isn't even out yet and you're hating on it because of your experience with the Fascinate? Comparing the Galaxy Nexus to previous Samsung offerings (aside from maybe the Nexus S) is like apples to oranges.

Last edited:

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm done debating/argueing.

Not trying to rain on anyones parade.. their is no doubt the Galaxy Nexus will be a great device.

It just wasnt my choice based on my personal wants.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
this has been about a solid week of people making excuses and convincing themselves that every shortcoming of the nexus is a feature since the reveal.. its been funny to watch and almost kinda sad.

LOL...so people have their own wants and needs, but if they aren't your own, then its funny to watch, and almost kinda sad?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
LOL...so people have their own wants and needs, but if they aren't your own, then its funny to watch, and almost kinda sad?

ok one final reply on this subject from me.. since you asked so nicely.

Where have I turned a negative of the Motorola Razr into a positive?

Im not dodging the negatives.. locked bootloader, non removable battery, no ICS, Blur.. I acknoweledge those as being downfalls..

on the other hand, something like GG not being on the nexus is a BENEFIT?,
a slower CPU/GPU then what most people expect is a BENEFIT?,(battery)
no SDCARD slot somehow isnt an issue?
Pentile is a BENEFIT? (battery)

I could go on.. honestly I'm at work and its crunch time right now.. this is my last post.. re-read anyones criticism of the Nexus so far and read your responses.. you have spun every single negative into something positive.

Its obvious fanboyism tbh. The device will be nice.. but the fanboyism and ignorance to any of its downfalls is beyond apparent.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Not trying to rain on anyones parade.. their is no doubt the Galaxy Nexus will be a great device.

Good deal! Buy that RAZR, and love the hell out of it! I want you to love your Android phone, just like I want everyone to love the one they choose.

Reactions: delco714

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
a slower CPU/GPU then what most people expect is a BENEFIT?,(battery)
no SDCARD slot somehow isnt an issue?
Pentile is a BENEFIT? (battery)

lol. Have you bothered to look at the processor that is in the Razr v the GN? It's older than the Nexus. No sdcard slot on the nexus is a wash with the non-removable battery on the Razr. And this won't be the same pentile we've been seeing.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

well then quit raining on peoples parade!!! its pretty simple. go camp on a forum for a device you support and quit ribbing supporters of a device you dont!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle