Unlimited data to 4g plan

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
So, I have unlimited data currently on my Droid X, if I move to a 4g phone, does my data plan also change to metered and higher price??

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I still had unlimited data when I switched to the Bionic but, my rate went up by about $6.00

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
You plan on getting the nexus right? Will you grandfathered in to that device?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1) Yes, I plan on getting the Nexus, unless it doesn't accurately predict the future. I heard it might be missing this feature and that's pretty much a deal breaker.

2) Yes, I will be grandfathered into that device as well, as will you be. If you have unlimited data with VZW, you have unlimited data for the time being (until they eventually change their policy). Data is data, 3G or 4G. Just make sure you don't switch to a non-smartphone. That would kill your data plan.

Rennat

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
How much does 4G cost per month on top of my grandfathered unlimited plan on Verizon? (Verizon's website isn't designed well enough to be able to find this easily so you awesome people are next after a 5 minute search around the website)

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
How much does 4G cost per month on top of my grandfathered unlimited plan on Verizon? (Verizon's website isn't designed well enough to be able to find this easily so you awesome people are next after a 5 minute search around the website)

nothing. Your unlimited data plan will cover 4g also.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I posted this somewhere else but I thought I would share it here. I never jumped on the unlimited data thing with Verizon because going online was so painful with my LG env touch. Since I am getting the GN when its available I now find myself wishing I had unlimited data. So after telling this to a Verizon wireless guy at one of their stores, he suggested that I call Verizon's Loyalty / retention department and explain to them how much I like the service and was hoping to get grandfathered in...he told me I had a 50/50 shot. So I called them up and they happily added the unlimited data to my plan. So, I have to say I am very happy with Verizon right now...

Reactions: sprunka

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
wow... I do have to say... that if you build a relationship with VZW that they generally take care of you.... however it is a 50/50 shot when you talk to them... sugar gets you farther than vinegar