10-27-2011 11:05 AM
67 123
tools
    Can you think of any smart phones that have been released only online?

Honest question.
    10-26-2011 04:42 PM
    Can you think of any smart phones that have been released only online?

Honest question.
    That was the whole original mission for the Nexus One wasn't it? Problem was only hardcore geeks bought into it when they did that, so Google gave in and went back to normal marketing.
    10-26-2011 04:47 PM
    Maybe the most sane thought on any of these speculations about the GN. I agree that the GN will not get much in the way of marketing. If it was a Best Buy exclusive, maybe. But, this isn't and Verizon isn't going to push this too hard. Droid is their bread and butter, and that is where their money is going to go Android-wise.

I am not expecting Verizon to really push the GN either. Think about it. If it is true that updates are provided by Google not Verizon, then they can't set a date to Stop sending out updates because this will be done by Google. If the phone is really unlocked as we think, then Verizon may loose some control over it. If the phone is really free or Vz apps then they can't get usage charges from some of the apps and perhaps some customers will not want it anyway....so I just think they will release it, sell what they sell, and then start working on their custom interface so that their other phones under complete control can run a their version of ICS.

GN may make a good Black Friday showing.
    10-26-2011 04:47 PM
    Fair enough. I rather have something I want to look at, instead of gets the job done though.

For instance, I look at my wife, and see something beautiful. I look at my hand, and see something that will get the job done.
    Great analogy lol. Classic lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 04:48 PM
    That was the whole original mission for the Nexus One wasn't it? Problem was only hardcore geeks bought into it when they did that, so Google gave in and went back to normal marketing.
    I doubt Google will be the one to market and carry the phone.
    10-26-2011 04:53 PM
    I am not expecting Verizon to really push the GN either. Think about it. If it is true that updates are provided by Google not Verizon, then they can't set a date to Stop sending out updates because this will be done by Google. If the phone is really unlocked as we think, then Verizon may loose some control over it. If the phone is really free or Vz apps then they can't get usage charges from some of the apps and perhaps some customers will not want it anyway....so I just think they will release it, sell what they sell, and then start working on their custom interface so that their other phones under complete control can run a their version of ICS.
    The iPhone is the exact same deal for VZW. VZW can't do anything to it. VZW turned away the iPhone initially because Apple wanted total control over what it looked like, how it could be branded and what was loaded on the phone. They're probably still kicking themselves over that mistake.

Verizon pushes their products based on their potential to perform or how much collateral incentive they have for pushing a product. The GN will get its day in the spotlight for sure... but probably only after the RAZR marketing dollars from Motorola run out.
    10-26-2011 04:55 PM
    Fair enough. I rather have something I want to look at, instead of gets the job done though.

For instance, I look at my wife, and see something beautiful. I look at my hand, and see something that will get the job done.
    haha thank you for laugh
    10-26-2011 05:08 PM

haha.... so true.
    10-26-2011 05:15 PM
    I doubt Google will be the one to market and carry the phone.
    Yeah, it turned out to be a colossal failure with the Nexus One. I loved it it but, I'm a geek. It was probably the best experience thus far I've had with Google because, it introduced me to their whole ecosystem.(if that's what it's called)
    10-26-2011 07:33 PM
    I'm thinking it might be the 10th if the roadmap is right. Then again that might only be the preorder date
    10-26-2011 07:37 PM
    Just got an email from Verizon about pre-ordering the Razr. The worlds thinnest and most powerful DROID yet. We will never see this cause the Nexus isn't a DROID. I replied I don't want that when can I get a Nexus (I know its a do not reply email but wth lol) posted this in another thread also. Thought it fit in this one too

10-26-2011 07:45 PM
    Just got an email from Verizon about pre-ordering the Razr. The worlds thinnest and most powerful DROID yet. We will never see this cause the Nexus isn't a DROID. I replied I don't want that when can I get a Nexus (I know its a do not reply email but wth lol) posted this in another thread also. Thought it fit in this one too

not many people have talked about this... but you do know that the official LTE size of the phone hasnt been released?

the phone wasnt thinner then the Razr as is.. but they stated the LTE version would be even thicker..

I don't foresee it coming out looking hideously thick.. but dont expect it to be as slick looking as it was in the promo videos released at the reveal.
    10-26-2011 07:59 PM
    not many people have talked about this... but you do know that the official LTE size of the phone hasnt been released?

the phone wasnt thinner then the Razr as is.. but they stated the LTE version would be even thicker..

I don't foresee it coming out looking hideously thick.. but dont expect it to be as slick looking as it was in the promo videos released at the reveal.
    Oh yes I know. I honestly don't care about the thickness. I was happy with the thickness of my charge. Figuring it will come in around that size which is fine with me

10-26-2011 11:50 PM
    It's funny seeing people defend these phones so vehemently when none of us have even held them in our hands or even seen real reviews of them. Both the RAZR and the GN will be really good options. I would personally lean toward the RAZR (depending on reviews after its release), but I probably won't buy either as I am still pretty happy with my DX.
    10-27-2011 08:48 AM

That's funny...when I look at my wife I see something beautiful that will also get the job done. I don't even have to look at my hand.
    10-27-2011 08:49 AM
    I think the Razr forum will take off in activity once everyone gets it in their hands.

Myself, I'm patient. I'll hold out for the Nexus; I just do not want another bloat-phone, so skipping Razr...
    10-27-2011 09:27 AM
    That's funny...when I look at my wife I see something beautiful that will also get the job done. I don't even have to look at my hand.

You obviously missed the point of the analogy.
    10-27-2011 11:05 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD