Droid RAZR Shipping by 11/10 -- Good sign for Nexus

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Motorola got out their checkbook to make sure they got ahead of the GN release date. Motorola has a pretty strong relationship with Verizon.

Yeah, most likely why there are encrypted bootloaders on all of Verizon's Motorola non-developer devices.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I had already made up my mind on the Razr.. but now it realisticly looks like we wont even have a good grasp on a release date for the nexus for atleast another 2 weeks.. I highly doubt their will be no pre-order aswell.. I have no patience and my upgrade is burning to be used.. this completely seals the deal and cant wait for my Razr!

on a sidenote: is the Razr (dead forum on here, seems to be hated by the mods etc) so disliked because of the locked bootloader?

I get the impression if it wasnt a locked bootloader.. people would be defending it like their firstborn a la the nexus.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I would love that option. :)

I think it would make perfect sense. Get ICS out, give Verizon time to move some Razrs and people that really want the phone can buy it, and those patient souls that say just wait will still have theres soon after the pre-order :) Its a win win in my book

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I had already made up my mind on the Razr.. but now it realisticly looks like we wont even have a good grasp on a release date for the nexus for atleast another 2 weeks.. I highly doubt their will be no pre-order aswell.. I have no patience and my upgrade is burning to be used.. this completely seals the deal and cant wait for my Razr!

on a sidenote: is the Razr (dead forum on here, seems to be hated by the mods etc) so disliked because of the locked bootloader?

I get the impression if it wasnt a locked bootloader.. people would be defending it like their firstborn a la the nexus.

Razr vs. Nexus

Omap 4430 vs. 4460
qHD vs. WXGA
sealed battery vs. removable battery
Locked vs. unlocked
Blur vs. pure aosp
Gingerbread vs. ICS
Slower updates vs. Faster updates
no NFC vs. NFC

Thats just pros. There are cons too, but thats why you see the dislike.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I had already made up my mind on the Razr.. but now it realisticly looks like we wont even have a good grasp on a release date for the nexus for atleast another 2 weeks.. I highly doubt their will be no pre-order aswell.. I have no patience and my upgrade is burning to be used.. this completely seals the deal and cant wait for my Razr!.

I think that's pretty much a baseless claim. I would expect we'll have a better grasp of the Nexus release within a week or so. They've made a press release already....they aren't going to wait a month to even let us know a date. Pre-orders typically aren't what VZW does - it's very rare to see them do it. Enjoy your RAZR.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Razr vs. Nexus

Omap 4430 vs. 4460
qHD vs. WXGA
Locked vs. unlocked
Blur vs. pure aosp
Gingerbread vs. ICS
no NFC vs. NFC

True.. but their are other aspects to a phone.. and neither are perfect.

This community is built of mostly devs and people trying to find solutions to issues for their phones problems.. but for the average Joe.. Signal Strength, Durability, GPS, Call Quality etc.. all outweigh the specs listed above.. and I am pretty certain the motorola has the advantage.

I do believe (and wish it did) tho, that if this phones single difference was the unlocked bootloader.. that it would have a much warmer audience around here.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I think that's pretty much a baseless claim. I would expect we'll have a better grasp of the Nexus release within a week or so. They've made a press release already....they aren't going to wait a month to even let us know a date. Pre-orders typically aren't what VZW does - it's very rare to see them do it. Enjoy your RAZR.

At this point nothing would surprise me. Getting information about this phone has been like pulling teeth. Even the press release on Friday was weird. "Later this year..." What was the point of that? They could have said "coming soon" by stating "later this year" VZW was sowing the seeds of doubt.

The power button broke on my OG Droid yesterday so the waiting is becoming a very annoying process. I was eligible for an upgrade in July. The GS2 never came. The prime was rumored to arrive in October and here were are a few days from November and I have a broken power button and the Galaxy Nexus is coming "later this year."

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Razr vs. Nexus

Omap 4430 vs. 4460
qHD vs. WXGA
Locked vs. unlocked
Blur vs. pure aosp
Gingerbread vs. ICS
no NFC vs. NFC

Andynalyne, I could have sworn I saw you over in the thunderbolt forums claiming that aosp was boring. What gives, is it ICS?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
True.. but their are other aspects to a phone.. and neither are perfect.

This community is built of mostly devs and people trying to find solutions to issues for their phones problems.. but for the average Joe.. Signal Strength, Durability, GPS, Call Quality etc.. all outweigh the specs listed above.. and I am pretty certain the motorola has the advantage.

I do believe (and wish it did) tho, that if this phones single difference was the unlocked bootloader.. that it would have a much warmer audience around here.

I'm not saying there arent other differences, and/or cons to each. I am just saying thats what people in general see between the two.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

LOL!!! I have no patience either and, hate waiting but, I will. I know if I order the Razr I will just return it - just like I did the Bionic - when I start seeing the real hands-on reviews of the GN on Youtube.

When I heard of the Nexus Prime, I knew it would be between it and, the Iphone 5. There was no Iphone 5 and, I was disappointed with the 4S. The Google phone is what I've wanted all along.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Andynalyne, I could have sworn I saw you over in the thunderbolt forums claiming that aosp was boring. What gives, is it ICS?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ICS brings the game to a whole new level.

I am very, very excited.

...and no, you didn't misquote me. But from the presentation I saw, ICS will be far from boring.

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I find it strange that Verizon would possibly drop all three of these on the 10th? If thats for sure the Razr, I feel like the other two dates for the Nexus and Rezound cant be releases. I really dont want a GN delay :(

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Razr vs. Nexus

Omap 4430 vs. 4460
qHD vs. WXGA
Locked vs. unlocked
Blur vs. pure aosp
Gingerbread vs. ICS
no NFC vs. NFC

Wasn't the RAZR confirmed to have the 4460 as well? And you can also argue that the RAZR has the better AMOLED screen

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't the RAZR confirmed to have the 4460 as well? And you can also argue that the RAZR has the better AMOLED screen

How would you argue that exactly? Prettiness, or a bit less for battery life? Can you have a pretty display if your battery is dead?

http://pentileblog.com/tag/battery-life/

qHD vs. WXGA
RGB vs. Pentile.

Pretty sure the WXGA completely makes up for the difference in pixel density, Pentile vs RGB.. That and Pentile is known for considerable battery savings vs RGB. I would have thought that would be a priority for Moto, being the battery cannot be extended, nor changed, plus being LTE. Guess not.

Also--Motorola has it listed on their dev site as 4430.
MOTODEV > Products > DROID RAZR™ by Motorola, XT912

Last edited: