11-03-2011 03:34 PM
74 123
tools
    Don't they know we need this phone before Black Friday so we can find crazy deals on the go? Also to keep us entertained while standing in long lines.

I do have trouble seeing it launch then just because of all the usual craziness of that day. Plus as others have pointed out, it doesn't seem likely that there would be a discount on that phone at launch and Black Friday is all about the deals. Maybe a free accessory or something, but just don't see it happening.
    10-29-2011 06:24 AM
    My guess is that Europe made a deal with Samsung (paid more money) to get the phone first on Nov 10, and we'll see it one week later on Nov 17.
    10-29-2011 08:05 AM
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Release Date: November 17th in the UK | WebProNews

and about 20 other articles on the web.. dont we all already know the uk release date is the 17th? why are we now assuming its going to be earlier then the 17th?
    10-29-2011 08:29 AM
    My guess is that Europe made a deal with Samsung (paid more money) to get the phone first on Nov 10, and we'll see it one week later on Nov 17.
    Let's just assume for a moment that Europe could make such a deal (the idea itself is ridiculous). Why would they pay Samsung to release the phone one week early? What would that accomplish?
    10-29-2011 09:06 AM
    I really don't think they'd release a device like this at a discount. There are tons of people basically ready to write VZW a blank check for this phone...why would they sell it to all of them at a sale price?
    +1
    10-29-2011 10:52 AM
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Release Date: November 17th in the UK | WebProNews

and about 20 other articles on the web.. dont we all already know the uk release date is the 17th? why are we now assuming its going to be earlier then the 17th?
    Sorry, I meant the 17th in Europe and screwed up. But then again, who cares? All everyone in the entire forum are doing is guessing.
    allprochris likes this.
    10-29-2011 12:17 PM
    If the Amazon.co.uk date of Nov 2nd is valid for a UK launch, then that will look really bad for America. Google is an American company, and they won't even launch their own American product on their home turf first?
    To us forum folk, Verizon's kinda looked bad all year. Bionic? SGS2? And now the Galaxy Nexus... So a quiet, late Nov - early Dec release seems "in character".

Oh anticipation! I'm gonna have to do what I did when awaiting the SGS2: shutter Tapatalk for a few weeks and live like a normal person
    Jdm4292 likes this.
    10-29-2011 02:28 PM
    Looking more and more that way.
    11-01-2011 03:03 PM
    11-01-2011 03:06 PM
    I would not want to go out to Verizon on Black Friday.
    11-01-2011 03:06 PM
    I would not want to go out to Verizon on Black Friday.
    No one wants to go to VZW on Black Friday. Which is the reason why Verizon is releasing it that day. Just like Friday afternoon is the worst day of the week to release a press release.
    11-01-2011 03:08 PM
    If Verizon releases this damn phone in December, Google and Samsung will look stupid with egg all over their faces after saying "coming in November." I have been with Verizon forever but if I was Google and this happened, it would the the very last launch of a vanilla phone I would do on that carrier...period!
    11-01-2011 03:09 PM
    This will likely be my last Verizon phone. In two years I'll look seriously at AT&T. They do a much better job than Verizon when it comes to phone selection.

Verizon is too invested in jabbing their customers out every penny. I'm surprised they haven't launched their own OS yet.
    11-01-2011 03:11 PM
    Actually it looks like it could potentially be AFTER black friday.
    Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Appears Headed for Release Just After Black Friday

I'm calling December 1st.
    11-01-2011 03:12 PM
    Just more speculation. I could have written that story or twitted that, means nothing until Verizon gives us a date.
    11-01-2011 03:12 PM
    I'm calling December 1st.
    I would have to agree.

If that picture is legit, sorry to say people but this phone is not coming out until the 24th at the earliest.

and supposedly a very reliable source is posting this info.
    11-01-2011 03:14 PM
    11-01-2011 03:14 PM
    Oh well, if true I have a couple more pay checks to get ready LOL.
    Buck. and Mooem like this.
    11-01-2011 03:18 PM
    my prediction of the 24th+ is holding true.

would fall in line 1 month between sign up site and launch that the DX had.
    11-01-2011 03:25 PM
    *head hits desk, waves white flag in surrender*
    Lazerz, Buck. and MetalPhoenix79 like this.
    11-01-2011 03:31 PM
    At least the phone is coming. With the power button broken on my OG Droid it's going to feel like forever. The past week has not be a great experience using a phone with no power button.
    11-01-2011 03:34 PM
    At least the phone is coming. With the power button broken on my OG Droid it's going to feel like forever. The past week has not be a great experience using a phone with no power button.
    Yeah for real. My OG is basically non-functional at this point. The screen jumps around and randomly dials people if I leave the screen on for a second. Last sat the screen turned on while it was charging can called 8 people from my address book including my bro's ex gf and my old boss... ugh!
    11-01-2011 03:51 PM
    Looking at it, it appears to be just an advertising schedule. Perhaps the Nexus could release before then? Obviously the iPhone is not being released...again...on November 14th.

I guess we'll find out Thursday with the Rezound announcement. The chart has the ad campaign start for that on the 14th. So if the Rezound is released or announced to be released on the 14th...then yeah, it could be a good indicator of a post black friday release for the Nexus.
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.
    11-01-2011 05:04 PM
    Looking at it, it appears to be just an advertising schedule. Perhaps the Nexus could release before then? Obviously the iPhone is not being released...again...on November 14th.

I guess we'll find out Thursday with the Rezound announcement. The chart has the ad campaign start for that on the 14th. So if the Rezound is released or announced to be released on the 14th...then yeah, it could be a good indicator of a post black friday release for the Nexus.
    good point, not sure what to make of that.
    11-01-2011 05:20 PM
    Wouldn't be surprised if I was coming the 28th when looking at this screenshot.
    11-01-2011 05:40 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD