11-03-2011 03:34 PM
74 123
tools
    If the Amazon.co.uk date of Nov 2nd is valid for a UK launch, then that will look really bad for America. Google is an American company, and they won't even launch their own American product on their home turf first?

I say that it's about time to #OccupyVerizon

Never mind.
    11-01-2011 06:41 PM
    Yeah. ****. But it still looks like it will be before us here in the States get to have it...
    11-01-2011 06:44 PM
    Why why why????
    Everything about this phone goes against the Nexus Philosophy.
    That is what was great about the Nexus One. Everything was done on Google's calendar.
    Its bad enough the "Galaxy" is in the name but now Verizon decides when the phone is released?
    No offense to anyone but does Google have any say in the matter anymore other then software?
    11-01-2011 09:24 PM
    Ah dammit. My current phone is stone dead (for the past 2 weeks) and I was hoping to have this new NEXUS very soon. Going another month without a mobile phone is going to suck ballz. I really hope this thing is worth the wait.
    11-01-2011 09:31 PM
    I honestly think it is coming out sometime at the tail end of this month. I'm an ATT customer and I want this phone so bad. I just left the ATT store because I wanted to really take a look at the Galaxy S2 in case I had to fall back on this phone if ATT doesn't get the GN.(Stories are true by the way, at least in California, they don't carry the S2 in store, it's online only)

Well the employee at the store had no clue about the GN at all. He was very helpful though and he said would you like to find out about it? Of course I said yes, he called someone and left it on speakerphone. He asked him about the phone and he said yes, we are getting it and it's sometime at the end of this month, we just don't know when.

You guys have no idea how much excitement I had as all I have been seeing is news about the Verizon version, which looks like it was going to be the only carrier for this phone. (No offense to Verizon customers)

This confirms two things to me, the phone is coming to ATT and it's coming at the end of the month. There was no confusion at all either, as the employee over the phone answered right away and knew what the phone was.
    11-01-2011 09:49 PM
    Why why why????
    Who knows
    Everything about this phone goes against the Nexus Philosophy
    Sure does.
    That is what was great about the Nexus One. Everything was done on Google's calendar.
    Take a stroll down memory lane. I hear Archie & Edith singing "Those were the days".
    Its bad enough the "Galaxy" is in the name but now Verizon decides when the phone is released?
    They always do.
    No offense to anyone but does Google have any say in the matter anymore other then software?
    Not when their partnered up w/ Verizon.
    11-01-2011 09:58 PM
    Every day that goes by waiting for the GN is another day added my future 2 year contract. I'd take it tomorrow if I could... As would everyone else on here....
    11-01-2011 10:03 PM
    Wouldn't be surprised if I was coming the 28th when looking at this screenshot.
    Ya and also by looking at that screen shot they are going to release the iphone again in November
    11-01-2011 10:03 PM
    Looking at it, it appears to be just an advertising schedule. Perhaps the Nexus could release before then?
    Panda just said that in another thread...

You all do know that is a advertising setup schedule right?! Meaning that is what will getting upfront store signage and the like and the nexus is placed as a add-on to go along with their other Samsung products like the updated tab's and the like..

Just saying.. what vzw does is subject to change.. but they can sell it whenever they see fit as their warehouse is getting shipments in the next couple of days and its listed in their sales systems.

I say the nexus fans have an #occupyVZWstores movement..

Time for chow and walking dead (and no that is NOT an insider hint)

Panda

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-01-2011 10:07 PM

Is ANYBODY paying attention to this graphic AT ALL?

Can someone please explain to me exactly how this means the Galaxy Nexus will be released after Black Friday? The way I'm reading it, it looks like people who think that the Galaxy Nexus will be released after Black Friday are coming to that conclusion based on the red bar that reads Samsung Holiday Portfolio (with Galaxy Nexus) coming after Black Friday. However, if that's what that red bar means, then it seems to me that we're also looking at another iPhone being released in the middle of November. Is another iPhone being released or are people once again not paying close attention and just freaking out?

If anything, this chart looks like a promotion schedule -- a chart of what phone(s) is going to be promoted during a specific period.
    11-01-2011 10:13 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Is ANYBODY paying attention to this graphic AT ALL?
    It was just re-affirmed by BMX in another thread. Droid-Life even posted an update way earlier clarifying that is a promotional schedule.

So to answer you question...yes, there are people who are paying attention.
    Yadao likes this.
    11-01-2011 10:21 PM
    The drama in this entire forum section is awesome!
    11-01-2011 10:23 PM
    It was just re-affirmed by BMX in another thread. Droid-Life even posted an update way earlier clarifying that is a promotional schedule.

So to answer you question...yes, there are people who are paying attention.
    And people didn't realize that the first time they looked at it?

Good grief.
    Vanilla Ice likes this.
    11-01-2011 10:26 PM
    Admittedly I inferred from the graphic that the promo dates are to be very close to the actual release dates of each device at first or at least will give an idea of a release. Now I know that's not likely the case.

People make mistakes and/or read too much into things. It happens.
    11-01-2011 11:12 PM
    And people didn't realize that the first time they looked at it?

Good grief.
    Im with you. The picture that DL shared with us today make ZERO sence... I still say the 10th. If its not the 10th, then I say the 17th. Plus Verizon doesnt release phones on Fridays.
    11-01-2011 11:51 PM
    lol i fell for the after black friday report.
    11-02-2011 12:16 AM
    I can only hope that our intelligence here is correct. I am really hoping I can get my hands on a Gnex on the17th! Ready to upgrade from my OG droid.

The panda did say that any delays are VZWs ball game. So any further delays ( and I use the term loosely as they never announced anything specific ) are their issue!
    11-02-2011 06:29 AM
    The panda did say that any delays are VZWs ball game. So any further delays ( and I use the term loosely as they never announced anything specific ) are their issue!
    Yeah, that can put to rest a lot of "Samsung" theories that were blossoming.

I'd like to see this to pass though FCC this week. Not that it really matters.
    11-02-2011 07:33 AM
    lol i fell for the after black friday report.
    I'll admit that I did also. Lol
    11-02-2011 07:52 AM
    I'll admit that I did also. Lol
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We fell for it because it's still the most plausible scenario.
    11-02-2011 08:04 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that from the marketing dates it looks like even Verizon is writing off the Rezound? I mean they have the Razr marketing going through the holiday season and the Rezound gets 2 weeks and that's it.
    11-02-2011 08:08 AM
    Not to put myself in a nerd category by myself but Skyrim will hold me over if we are looking at a late Nov launch. Lol
    Mooem and Stang68 like this.
    11-02-2011 08:09 AM
    it seems to me that we're also looking at another iPhone being released in the middle of November. Is another iPhone being released or are people once again not paying close attention and just freaking out?

If anything, this chart looks like a promotion schedule -- a chart of what phone(s) is going to be promoted during a specific period.
    You have a point there.
    11-02-2011 08:21 AM
    I'm hoping for a Nov 17 release and a Black Friday Deal (somewhere)
    11-03-2011 03:34 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD