11-03-2011 03:34 PM
74 123
tools
    I just got off phone with Tech Support about my D3. I asked about the available upgrades on my lines because I want to get the Nexus. The Tech lady said she's waiting for that to come out too and she was hoping they would release it before Black Friday but it doesn't look like it.

Not sure if she was just making conversation, but she sounded pretty excited about the Nexus coming out, but disappointed she had to wait until Black Friday.

Has there been any speculation about Black Friday being the official release date for the Nexus?
    10-26-2011 09:57 AM
    That would blow. I'm hoping 10th at the latest. 3rd is a pipe dream but I'll wish for it anyway.
    kca2000 likes this.
    10-26-2011 10:05 AM
    I hope it would come out in Mid November, but not sure if that will happen :/ Fingers crossed on this one. A Black Friday deal on this phone wouldn't make me sad!
    10-26-2011 10:08 AM
    I've been thinking about it and Black Friday would make sense.

VZW has been behind Moto and the RAZR publicly. The only thing we've seen from VZW about the Nexus is a little blurb on their news site.

Releasing the Nexus on Black Friday wouldn't take away from the RAZR, which I'm sure Verizon does not want to do.

Plus, with a Black Friday release date, it could be up for some serious discount.
    10-26-2011 10:12 AM
    Sigh.
    10-26-2011 10:16 AM
    Hopefully people don't turn this into another Thunderbolt fiasco regarding release date. Waiting stinks but it will come when Verizon is ready to release it.
    10-26-2011 10:21 AM
    Plus, with a Black Friday release date, it could be up for some serious discount.
    I really don't think they'd release a device like this at a discount. There are tons of people basically ready to write VZW a blank check for this phone...why would they sell it to all of them at a sale price?
    10-26-2011 10:21 AM
    I really don't think they'd release a device like this at a discount. There are tons of people basically ready to write VZW a blank check for this phone...why would they sell it to all of them at a sale price?
    I bet Best Buy and Amazon would discount it
    10-26-2011 10:23 AM
    I bet Best Buy and Amazon would discount it

Amazon maybe. Best Buy? Nah.

Best Buy would just give you an accessories package for free.
    10-26-2011 10:25 AM
    I just got off phone with Tech Support about my D3. I asked about the available upgrades on my lines because I want to get the Nexus. The Tech lady said she's waiting for that to come out too and she was hoping they would release it before Black Friday but it doesn't look like it.
    I wouldn't pay much attention to what Tech Support has to say. They don't know anything we don't already know.
    rarchbold and MetalPhoenix79 like this.
    10-26-2011 10:51 AM
    I wouldn't pay much attention to what Tech Support has to say. They don't know anything we don't already know.
    It's true. The night before the Bionic launched in stores, Tech Support told me that it wasn't going to launch in stores for the time being and VZW had not set a date to put it in stores.
    qnet likes this.
    10-26-2011 11:15 AM
    From what I saw earlier on the MAP, the Razr was set to be pre-ordered on the 27th. Verizon just confirmed it today. If anything, that should inspire confidence that the November 10th date for the Galaxy Nexus is accurate, as well. Now the only thing in question is if that's a hard launch date or a pre-order date. I guess its just a matter of whether Verizon wants pre-orders for it. Seeing as they haven't said a word about it yet, that would incline me to believe it won't be on pre-order. Could be wrong, though.
    10-26-2011 11:23 AM
    If memory serves, there was another date for the RAZR before. Then moto announced pre-orders to start on the 27th, and the map changed accordingly.

So...its subject to change.
    10-26-2011 11:40 AM
    Has Panda ever distanced himself from the Nov. 3 prediction? Other than people worrying, the best data we have is Nov. 3 or Nov. 10. The 10th seems the most feasible right now, but we all know things can change.

I still don't believe there will be a preorder on this phone.
    10-26-2011 12:16 PM
    I always take what Verizon tech support or whatever a CSR says with a huge grain of salt. I was told the Bionic wasn't available to order on the DAY of release. For the most part, they don' t know anymore than we do already.

I'm still betting on us seeing the Nexus on or before November 10th. Hopes, dreams, and all that...
    10-26-2011 12:48 PM
    I really hope this phone hits ASAP, the 3rd or 10th at latest......

I think my BB Storm knows I've been planning to leave it for the G-Nex.... It stopped holding a charge, or even powering up without being plugged in this passed week.... As if it wasn't already enough of a pain in the ***....

This phone feels less like a phone, and more like a psychotic girlfriend.... SAVE ME G-NEXUS!!!!
    10-26-2011 01:01 PM
    Would Verizon launch two big phones at the same time? I doubt it.

Came out today that the Razr will be available by November 10. I am thinking Nexus will be towards the end of November beginning of December.

Like another poster said, Verizon is pushing the Razr big time and I am sure they will give it some time to sell before releasing the Nexus.

The November 10 date might be the pre-order date with the release coming towards the end of November.
    10-26-2011 01:05 PM
    From what I saw earlier on the MAP, the Razr was set to be pre-ordered on the 27th. Verizon just confirmed it today. If anything, that should inspire confidence that the November 10th date for the Galaxy Nexus is accurate, as well. Now the only thing in question is if that's a hard launch date or a pre-order date. I guess its just a matter of whether Verizon wants pre-orders for it. Seeing as they haven't said a word about it yet, that would incline me to believe it won't be on pre-order. Could be wrong, though.
    Yeah I still have a feeling that there won't be a pre-order on this phone. The only way I could see that happening is if there needs to be a few extra things ironed out before the launch.
    10-26-2011 01:10 PM
    If the Amazon.co.uk date of Nov 2nd is valid for a UK launch, then that will look really bad for America. Google is an American company, and they won't even launch their own American product on their home turf first?

I say that it's about time to #OccupyVerizon

Masheen and MetalPhoenix79 like this.
    10-26-2011 01:13 PM
    Would Verizon launch two big phones at the same time? I doubt it.

Came out today that the Razr will be available by November 10. I am thinking Nexus will be towards the end of November beginning of December.

Like another poster said, Verizon is pushing the Razr big time and I am sure they will give it some time to sell before releasing the Nexus.

The November 10 date might be the pre-order date with the release coming towards the end of November.
    I think the pre-order date for the RAZR is the head start Verizon is giving it. A lot of phone junkies that can't wait like to pre-order. But just like everybody here guessing I don't know anything LOL
    10-26-2011 01:57 PM
    I'm not putting a whole lot of faith in what a tech says. I can see that day being valid though.
    10-26-2011 02:09 PM
    I don't know what kind of crazy moron would make the decision to launch a phone on Black Friday! That would just be stupid! Malls and stores are nuts enough ( I should know as I am one of the lunatics shopping long before daylight!) and to add that to the chaos is just dumb!
    10-28-2011 10:25 PM
    I'd have to agree, considering that it popped up on the MAP(minimum advertised price) leak, @ $299 through March 2012. I guess it's not unheard of but it's highly unlikely to open @ discounted pricing for anyone @ launch.
    10-28-2011 10:41 PM
    lol don't listen to tech support. I told them i was also interested in the moto razr. The lady said "we don't make the motorola razr anymore, have you checked verizonwireless.com?"
    kca2000 likes this.
    10-28-2011 10:42 PM
    I'm not putting a whole lot of faith in what a tech says. I can see that day being valid though.
    I take it w/ a grain of salt, myself. Conidering Verizon rarely, if ever, informs retail employees about their upcoming releases any more than a week before an eminent pre-order period or an in-store launch is set in stone. Given their past, Verizon announcing a date to employees, nearly a month in advance, seems almost absurd.
    10-28-2011 11:11 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD