I'm not sure if any of the previews or hands-on's, or whatever are out now, have touched on this, but is the new unlock screen customizable? That is, is the unlock slider limited to just "unlock" and "camera", or can you add/ change the functions? Also, is there any possibility you can place apps and/ or widgets on the lock screen?

I currently use Widget Locker on the phone I have now, and it does all of that, so if need be, I can just install that when I get a Galaxy Nexus. But it sure would be nice to have all that functionality built right in, so I don't have to download third party apps for it, yanno? Ah well, just curious.
    10-26-2011 04:30 PM
    I think it's too early to tell, mainly because ICS is so new. I want to say that, with ICS alone, NO...the buttons are not customization. However, I think once ICS themes come out it will be possible. Maybe it takes unlock and root to make such adjustments.
    10-26-2011 04:35 PM
    I haven't seen any information on making changes to the lock screen and I'm assuming that you won't be able to customize. There is a chance that rooting may offer so more option in the future.
    10-26-2011 04:36 PM
    I also think its not customize-able.
    10-26-2011 04:43 PM
    I just hope you can turn the lock screen off altogether like you can on a Gingerbread device. I can't stand that extra step of having to unlock my phone.
    10-26-2011 05:13 PM