VZW Version on AT&T

ElCrims

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Simple question here: will the VZW version work on AT&T's 3G network? I'm locked into AT&T, unfortunately, so a switch isn't an option. I was planning on purchasing the GNex off contract, and switching to VZW when my term is up. However, I don't really want to bother if I'll be stuck on Edge for a year.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
VZW phones won't work on AT&T, different technologies behind the network. *insert snide comment about AT&T phones also not working on AT&T* :)

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Simple question here: will the VZW version work on AT&T's 3G network? I'm locked into AT&T, unfortunately, so a switch isn't an option. I was planning on purchasing the GNex off contract, and switching to VZW when my term is up. However, I don't really want to bother if I'll be stuck on Edge for a year.

You do realize.. it would be cheaper to pay whatever ETF AT&T is holding over your head.. and signing up with Verizon and buying the GN at a subsidized price then it would be to stick with AT&T and pay full price on a GN.

Why do some people feel so trapped? you have rights as a consumer.. and perhaps you might have to pay a penalty for cutting your contract short.. its not like you signed over your soul.

Reactions: ManBearPig618