Simple question here: will the VZW version work on AT&T's 3G network? I'm locked into AT&T, unfortunately, so a switch isn't an option. I was planning on purchasing the GNex off contract, and switching to VZW when my term is up. However, I don't really want to bother if I'll be stuck on Edge for a year.
    10-26-2011 05:44 PM
    Simple answer:

Not a chance.
    10-26-2011 05:47 PM
    VZW phones won't work on AT&T, different technologies behind the network. *insert snide comment about AT&T phones also not working on AT&T*
    10-26-2011 05:48 PM
    Simple question here: will the VZW version work on AT&T's 3G network? I'm locked into AT&T, unfortunately, so a switch isn't an option. I was planning on purchasing the GNex off contract, and switching to VZW when my term is up. However, I don't really want to bother if I'll be stuck on Edge for a year.
    You do realize.. it would be cheaper to pay whatever ETF AT&T is holding over your head.. and signing up with Verizon and buying the GN at a subsidized price then it would be to stick with AT&T and pay full price on a GN.

Why do some people feel so trapped? you have rights as a consumer.. and perhaps you might have to pay a penalty for cutting your contract short.. its not like you signed over your soul.
    ManBearPig618 likes this.
    10-26-2011 05:52 PM
    Duh, CDMA vs GSM. My bad.
    10-26-2011 05:52 PM
    It was less misleading when Verizon called it EVDO.
    10-26-2011 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD