I'm told that if you got your current phone prior to Jan 2011 you a are eligible for an annual upgrade on you 1yr anniversary. It will cost you 20 more than the subsidized price. Has anyone done this in the past few months? And if so were you able to use a corporate discount on the phone price with the annual upgrade.
    10-27-2011 07:14 AM
    That's not necessarily true. I got my DroidX in June or July 2010 and was denied an upgrade when the Bionic came out (actually, I'm kinda glad now I didn't get the chance to upgrade). I would have to pay full retail. Apparently they took issue with my plan which is the minimum 450 minutes....I never needed more but apparently I needed the next level of service to upgrade. So my anniversary date was March 2012. I thought that was pretty unfair because I never heard of such a thing. In any case I haggled with them to get my upgrade date moved up a couple of months to January 2012 which means I can probably get a new phone in December. If you have more than just the basic plan than I think you'll be able to upgrade....it's easy enough to check on either online or call them up.
    10-27-2011 07:31 AM
    Here's your detailed answer (yes I'm an employee) Note....this is no longer available if you signed a contract after Jan. 16 of 2011

1. You need to be on a $49.99 or higher calling plan for three consecutive months prior to upgrade

2. Need more than 12 months since last phone number change

3. 2 year pricing plus $20 upgrade fee applies

4. If you are on a family share plan only primary line gets the annual upgrade unless that person wants to share it with another line on that share plan essentially giving it up to that other line.

You can always get your upgrade date by dialing #UPG
    dapercy, KG II, ShiZero and 3 others like this.
    10-27-2011 08:26 AM
    I've got the 450 min/UL data plan, and my anniversary upgrade was originally in May 2012. However, I am eligible for a device discount now. I guess Verizon is trying to move inventory, and giving discounts early (unless my account is extra-special ).

Anyway, now that the Razr is available for pre-order, I checked to see what kind of discount I'd get if I chose that model, and it looks like it's $40. So, instead of $299 it's $259. Don't know if that would be the case for the Nexus, but I would think it would apply there, too.

Not a huge discount, but hey, better than a poke in the eye...
    10-27-2011 09:40 AM
    I believe that Verizon still has 1 year contracts only for "business" I think if you threaten to cancel they'll sign you up for a 1 year. A Verizon store wouldn't let me upgrade from OG Droid to the T-Bolt on a 1 year. I call CS and had the T-Bolt the next day.
    10-27-2011 10:25 AM
    Here's your detailed answer (yes I'm an employee) Note....this is no longer available if you signed a contract after Jan. 16 of 2011

1. You need to be on a $49.99 or higher calling plan for three consecutive months prior to upgrade

4. If you are on a family share plan only primary line gets the annual upgrade unless that person wants to share it with another line on that share plan essentially giving it up to that other line.

Outstanding! Thanks! Now just need big red to release the Nexus by Nov 19. I did call the UPG number, but it gave me my 20 month date.
    10-27-2011 05:22 PM
    If you work for verizon
    Could you tell us when the galaxy nexus will be released ?
    10-27-2011 05:27 PM
    This used to be the early upgrade number. Don't know if it still works or not since I haven't been with them for a little over two years, but worth a shot.

1 (800) 508-0617
    10-27-2011 05:40 PM
    Benny, is this something that we are able to take advantage of more than once?
    10-27-2011 06:26 PM
    Benny, is this something that we are able to take advantage of more than once?
    No, it's only good one time.
    kath00 likes this.
    10-29-2011 07:21 PM
    If you work for verizon
    Could you tell us when the galaxy nexus will be released ?
    Haha...as a customer service rep I don't see release dates. I know what you know when it comes to the Nexus. I'm in the same waiting line as everyone else unfortunately. I have seen a photo of the Verizon version though....
    10-29-2011 07:23 PM
    Ok Thanks. I had to ask
    10-29-2011 07:47 PM
    I think their pulling your leg or something I got a Droid x in August of 2010 and I'm sitting on my last annual upgrade right now. So you need to check with a CSR over the phone not in the stores.
    10-29-2011 07:53 PM
    Anyone know if the annual upgrade is available through stores/vendors besides VW.com or a VW store? ie: costco/bestbuy?

And just fyi for those who were wondering. If you are 12 months into your contract and eligible for a annual upgrade (as per the earlier posts) it apparently will not register in the verizon systems untill the 15th day of your 12th month as per my conversation with a couple supervisors. Additionally the upgrade itself doesnt appear to update on the vw.com website till the first of the following month but if you're in the in between time you can always call in for it for an extra 20 dollars. Annual upgrade orders placed either through a VW store or over the phone have that additional charge but apparently online orders do not.
    10-30-2011 10:56 AM
    Anyone know if the annual upgrade is available through stores/vendors besides VW.com or a VW store? ie: costco/bestbuy?

And just fyi for those who were wondering. If you are 12 months into your contract and eligible for a annual upgrade (as per the earlier posts) it apparently will not register in the verizon systems untill the 15th day of your 12th month as per my conversation with a couple supervisors. Additionally the upgrade itself doesnt appear to update on the vw.com website till the first of the following month but if you're in the in between time you can always call in for it for an extra 20 dollars. Annual upgrade orders placed either through a VW store or over the phone have that additional charge but apparently online orders do not.
    No, the annual upgrade is only available directly through Verizon channels.
    10-30-2011 01:13 PM
    No, the annual upgrade is only available directly through Verizon channels.
    I can upgrade my Dinc now; but if i wait until Dec 29th, I get an additional loyalty discount. How much is the loyalty discount?

Edit: I have the $59.99 calling plan (450 minutes + unlimited messages).
    10-30-2011 02:03 PM
    I was told yesterday by CS that they still offer 1 year contracts. You just have to ask. Not on the website for sure. I am going to ask when I get the GN.
    10-30-2011 03:25 PM
    I was told yesterday by CS that they still offer 1 year contracts. You just have to ask. Not on the website for sure. I am going to ask when I get the GN.

Only way you can get a one year contract is by being an employee or having a business account

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-30-2011 07:20 PM
    Do all the phones on the business account get 12 month upgrades every year or just the primary business line?
    10-30-2011 08:09 PM
    Only way you can get a one year contract is by being an employee or having a business account

Hmm. She didn't mention that....
    10-30-2011 08:43 PM
    Do all the phones on the business account get 12 month upgrades every year or just the primary business line?
    I believe it depends on how many lines are on the account...Ill look it up when I go to work tomorrow

EDIT: So it looks like the business annual upgrade is based on the contractual agreement when the account was created.

10-30-2011 09:46 PM

#1 is particularly important. Normally I'm on a $39.99 plan (minus 20% corp discount). Back in the day, when I knew a phone I wanted was 2 months out, I'd bump my plan to $49.99 for three months.
    $10 * 3 months - 20% corp discount equated to $24.00. Add the $20 upgrade fee and it would cost me around $44 to upgrade annually @ 2 year pricing, and I would drop back to $39.99 immediately after.

If memory serves I did this to get the BB Storm 2 9550. Looks like the joke ended up being on me
    10-31-2011 10:34 AM
    Does the annual upgrade apply to Costco, Verizon Premium retailers, Amazon or Wirefly purchases? Or can you only get the annual upgrade through Verizon store / online?
    11-03-2011 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD