GSM Arena made a quick video showcasing how screen utilizes all the available pixels when video is displayed. Android ICS makes full use of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus' HD screen, here's the proof
    This is gonna be an amazing experience!
    zoomis, JediJesus95, BSG75 and 1 others like this.
    10-27-2011 04:25 PM
    Here is another interesting video of Nexus, using a bit earlier prototype:
    JediJesus95 and BSG75 like this.
    10-27-2011 04:36 PM
    This video shows playing video a bit closer to the camera.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus hands-on 3/3 (Greek) - YouTube
    JediJesus95 likes this.
    10-27-2011 10:54 PM
    This video show playing video a bit closer to the camera.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus hands-on 3/3 (Greek) - YouTube
    Awesome! Thanks!
    btw. it's a three part review, lots of great shots in here
    10-27-2011 11:17 PM
    I love how fast he is able to switch between loading videos. No lag.
    10-27-2011 11:43 PM
    I love how fast he is able to switch between loading videos. No lag.
    Unbelievable, especially while running a video and smoothly scrolling through the multitasking grid! :P
    10-27-2011 11:53 PM
    Unbelievable, especially while running a video and smoothly scrolling through the multitasking grid! :P
    Must be that crappy gpu. :P
    10-28-2011 12:20 AM
    Must be, it's obvious Google had no idea what they were doing when they spec'd it. While it may not be a "cutting edge" selection, many hoped for, but it certainly looks & works pretty damn good from what I've seen. Hopefully, seeing it in action quells the negativity of those who questioned the choice.
    10-28-2011 12:53 AM
    I must admit that this phone seems pretty damn impressive on the speed side of things. Very snappy, impressively snappy. People keep talking about how less than impressive the hardware is (on paper), but with videos like this....they should be paying attention to how damn snappy this thing is. The video continues to play smoothly in the background as the multitasking menu comes up....no lag, that IS impressive!
    10-28-2011 02:51 AM
    People said the same thing about the Nexus S and that phone was fast and still is. Without any skins to bog it down, the os is really fluid. Looks like an awesome phone.
    10-28-2011 04:25 AM
    Looks like the beast I'd hoped it would be. I can't wait to get it in my
    hand and see for myself.
    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-28-2011 08:25 AM
    Must be, it's obvious Google had no idea what they were doing when they spec'd it. While it may not be a "cutting edge" selection, many hoped for, but it certainly looks & works pretty damn good from what I've seen. Hopefully, seeing it in action quells the negativity of those who questioned the choice.
    Google didn't spec it. Samsung did. Google == software. Samsung == hardware.
    10-28-2011 08:45 AM
    You don't think Google had any input on hardware? What other Samsung phones run a TI Processor?
    Stang68 and JediJesus95 like this.
    10-28-2011 09:06 AM
    Google hand-picked everything for this device.
    10-28-2011 01:46 PM
    Google hand-picked everything for this device.
    Absolutely true, and then optimized the ICS around the hand-picked hardware to be in perfect harmony.
    Perfect example the hardware optimization and gfx acceleration in that Greek Review.
    Total awesomeness!
    10-28-2011 01:53 PM
    It's still crap.
    10-28-2011 02:19 PM
    It's still crap.
    Don't get it then.
    10-28-2011 03:02 PM
    Don't get it then.
    Best comment all week. We should quote you for everyone that has a whine or gripe about this device.
    10-28-2011 03:05 PM
    I'm beginning to think that most of the complaining/tolling folk are trying to stir up doubt because they are on another carrier or can't upgrade. One of those if I can't have it you can't either deals.

bulvine420 likes this.
    10-28-2011 03:30 PM
    its perfect
    10-28-2011 08:33 PM
    I'm beginning to think that most of the complaining/tolling folk are trying to stir up doubt because they are on another carrier or can't upgrade. One of those if I can't have it you can't either deals.

I agree. The g p u is not a problem whatsoever, and overclocked. people who knock the processor always forget to mention that it's compatible with LTE and therefore makes perfect sense as it is already a very good processor. Waaaaaaa

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-28-2011 09:09 PM
    That's more because of fast internal storage than it is from a fast GPU.

When people complain about the GPU it's purely from a gaming point of view (the only thing that actually stresses the GPU). That is minor for most and irrelevant for some. But there are some folks for whom it matters a great deal. They have a legitimate grievance IMO.

Its not that it's a bad GPU, I would say its currently the third most powerful one on the market (in its overclocked state), The problem is that at the awesome 720p resolution above average doesn't necessarily cut it.

I fall into the minor concern category, and based on the performance of my Xoom (similar resolution with weaker GPU), I think that it should be sufficient for smooth gaming. That doesn't mean I should marginalize other peoples concerns because their phone priorities aren't the same as mine.

Just saying...
    10-28-2011 09:20 PM
    I fall into the minor concern category, and based on the performance of my Xoom (similar resolution with weaker GPU), I think that it should be sufficient for smooth gaming. That doesn't mean I should marginalize other peoples concerns because their phone priorities aren't the same as mine.

Just saying...
    They shouldn't buy Nexus then. They should "wait".
    10-28-2011 09:24 PM

Click to view quoted image
    ^Lifes tough for weird, little hairy, shoeless dudes when fanny packs are out of style and your overalls have no pockets to carry your Galaxy Nexus in.
    10-28-2011 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD