10-30-2011 01:44 AM
60 123
tools
    Releasing all of the other phone first, doesn't surprise me. This way they will get a lot of people to buy those lesser phones before the star of their line up comes out.
    More like they will get a lot of people to buy Verizon controlled phones loaded with Verizon apps before the "lesser phone" (in their eyes) comes out.

And I don't blame them, they are a for-profit company and thats what they are in this market for.. to make money. And the Bionic slim and Rezound will make them more money over the long run then the Nexus.
    10-29-2011 01:20 PM
    I'm not worried... but my phone is crippled and a five week wait seems like ages. It's especially annoying when Verizon is releasing an army of DOA bloated phones that aren't really worth $300.

Samsung can't be happy about this.... Verizon wouldn't release the GS2 because they were going to have the Nexus and now we're months past the GS2 release.
    You're kidding - Samsung doesn't care about a couple of months delay - they are still making a ton of money on the Charge, Stratosphere will do great - only LTE phone with a keyboard, and they're selling a ton of GS II's in the US and around the world. I don't think that Samsung has any problems with their current Verizon relationship.
    10-29-2011 04:12 PM
    This is more Google's baby than Samsung's. They are using it to debut their next generation OS. I doubt Samsung has that kind of control over the release date.

Sent from my Google Nexus S
    10-29-2011 04:47 PM
    it's a Samsung Galaxy phone.
    10-29-2011 05:43 PM
    if one looks at the leaked MAP it shows the razr as having a 10/27 release date. And the GN as 11/10. We now know that 10/27 was the date for preorders sales. So there is validity that the GN will follow suit and have a store release of the 17th. A week after the preorder.
    10-29-2011 07:17 PM
    if one looks at the leaked MAP it shows the razr as having a 10/27 release date. And the GN as 11/10. We now know that 10/27 was the date for preorders sales. So there is validity that the GN will follow suit and have a store release of the 17th. A week after the preorder.
    or 11/24 if it also has a 2 week preorder
    10-29-2011 07:41 PM
    Exactly. By the 24th the phone should be in stores.
    10-29-2011 11:49 PM
    Exactly. By the 24th the phone should be in stores.
    Well the 24th is a Thursday and is Thanksgiving so we all know it won't come out that day. I know that Panda has said the 17th is the date he is hearing now, and like previously said that would add up with the MAP pricing too. Since the start of MAP pricing for the Razr was really the pre order date I'm sure it'll be the same with this too. Hopefully we'll all be eating thanksgiving dinner with our Nexus in our pockets!
    10-30-2011 01:03 AM
    Hopefully we'll all be eating thanksgiving dinner with our Nexus in our pockets!
    I hope so too.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-30-2011 01:25 AM
    Well the 24th is a Thursday and is Thanksgiving so we all know it won't come out that day. I know that Panda has said the 17th is the date he is hearing now, and like previously said that would add up with the MAP pricing too. Since the start of MAP pricing for the Razr was really the pre order date I'm sure it'll be the same with this too. Hopefully we'll all be eating thanksgiving dinner with our Nexus in our pockets!
    In our pockets? Hell im saying Thanksgiving prayers with this thing in my hand haha
    10-30-2011 01:44 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD