11-04-2011 07:55 PM
55 123
tools
    You people know that you don't need an OG Droid to enjoy AOSP. As much as I like my OG, a rooted and ROMed DX is waaay better. Better signal strength, better screen, lack of goofy slider, and useless keyboard making the phone thinner.

Anyway, I just have this feeling that OG Droid users may not have been aware of better options available to them without having to wait for the Nexus. Thought I might shed some light.
    The DX came out ~8 months after the OG.. sure it was an upgrade but not enough to warrant any of us to fork over $$$ out of contract..
    By the the time our contracts from nov 09 were up (last march for me) do you know what was out? The Thundercrap followed by the Charge, which in it's own is a great device - but after owning a solid OG that never broke down held it's own hardwarewise, it just felt cheap. So we waited, and waited for what? THE BIONIC....
    After Moto finally released it 9 months later and we had it in our hands, reports of none other than - Nexus Prime was a mere weeks away. So we returned it..

So why did we wait and wait???? Because we had already waited forever, and we already loved our phones. Waiting a little bit longer to have a phone far greater than the DX, or any first gen LTE phone with poor battery life was just not going to cut it for us. Also, the DX wasn't a pure vanilla device, it had a lock bootloader?! Boo
    hyperdude likes this.
    11-01-2011 09:30 AM
    The DX came out ~8 months after the OG.. sure it was an upgrade but not enough to warrant any of us to fork over $$$ out of contract..
    By the the time our contracts from nov 09 were up (last march for me) do you know what was out? The Thundercrap followed by the Charge, which in it's own is a great device - but after owning a solid OG that never broke down held it's own hardwarewise, it just felt cheap. So we waited, and waited for what? THE BIONIC....
    After Moto finally released it 9 months later and we had it in our hands, reports of none other than - Nexus Prime was a mere weeks away. So we returned it..

So why did we wait and wait???? Because we had already waited forever, and we already loved our phones. Waiting a little bit longer to have a phone far greater than the DX, or any first gen LTE phone with poor battery life was just not going to cut it for us. Also, the DX wasn't a pure vanilla device, it had a lock bootloader?! Boo
    I went from the OG to a Thunderbolt and my wife to a Incredible. She loves hers, I hate mine. I'm selling it for the GN
    11-01-2011 10:07 AM
    I am also the proud owner of an OG DROID upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus when it releases. Gonna be so freaking amazing.
    EManU3LX likes this.
    11-01-2011 11:39 AM
    I bot my OG 11/6/09 and its still going strong...a little slow in spots, but I dont use that many apps, so I'm in no rush...but the GN sounds great...probably jump on it...
    11-04-2011 12:22 PM
    My wife and I got our OG Droids back in Jan 2010 when we were able to take advantage of a "No ETF" trigger at Sprint that allowed us to dump our Palm Pres and return to Verizon.

They have gotten really slow and buggy since the 2.2 update and the lack of internal storage has just about become unbearable.

Looked at the Bionic as we were eligible for discounted upgrades in October. However, it was clear that Moto is no longer the same company that built our OG Droids. Thanks to this site, I knew the Nexus would be coming to Verizon soon, so we are holding out just a little longer.
    11-04-2011 07:55 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD