So my upgrade for a new phone is at the end of December, but I was wondering if Verizon will let me upgrade to the Nexus when it launches? Anybody ever get them to do that??
    10-28-2011 10:00 AM
    Doubtful idt Verizon has early upgrade like T-Mobile only the new every n years which they did away with

Sent from my ADR6400L
    10-28-2011 10:05 AM
    Yeah, you'd probably be able to get it pushed up a month if you tried hard enough.

Edit: Just make it very clear you need it pushed to specifically buy the Nexus.
    You can always try. I would go in there saying that you have had a bad experience and are thinking about moving over to AT&T. Tell them you are very unhappy with your phone and I'm pretty sure they will push your upgrade up.

Or if you don't want to lie, point out that you have been a loyal customer but you really need a new phone.
    I did it once a year into a contract. Let me buy two new phones on the one year contract price but not having to extend my contract. Just let them know you want the new nexus up front. If they say no tell them a phone from another carrier might be better for you and ask for your contract end date. Hopefully they wont want to upset a customer over a month.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-28-2011 10:15 AM
    Doesn't hurt to try. Make sure you emphasize the reasoning for an early upgrade and to call rather than go in person. You have a better chance of getting a rep to give you an early upgrade over the phone than in stores.

My upgrade is the 19th and I'm hoping they let me upgrade a couple of days. The reason Im going to tell them is my concern of limited supplies and demand for the phone. Basically will tell them I noticed a lot of their phones run out of stock for a while and don't want to deal with that. With is a llegitimate concern. Hopefully they comply.

Sent from my ADR6400L
    10-28-2011 10:21 AM
    you might get hit with a $20 early upgrade fee.. nothing major though.
    10-28-2011 10:23 AM
    I called them yesterday about the issues my wife and I had with Droid 3s that we blew our upgrades on back in July. I exchanged 5 of mine until they gave me an Inc 2, which I had issues with and had to exchange, and finally decided to just get rid of it and bought an iPhone to tide me over. With the D3 I had one that would reboot when I closed the phone, one whose power button would lock and not work, a few whose screens were wobbly and not tight, and then my wife and I have both had one with reboot and hard keyboards that didn't work. My Inc 2s both had speaker issues.

So I informed them of the issues, which had been documented in their system, and asked for not an early upgrade, but a slightly reduced price on off-contract phones. They declined to do anything but give me one month free of data.

I'm just saying this because there's a good chance they'll tell you to pound sand and wait a month. They were really unhelpful to me, and I'm probably going to call back in a week or so and talk to a supervisor to see if I can do anything.
    10-28-2011 10:54 AM
    I think you should plan on spending $600 or waiting until December. I was told by CS that no favors are being granted for what they are calling their "iconic" devices. But who knows...every CS call can produce different results. I've already decided to buy off contract on release day and I can't wait to hand over the money.
    10-28-2011 11:56 AM
    I called Verizon's customer service about the very same question. My upgrade date is 12/28/2011 because I activated my original Incredible on 4/28/2010. The service rep understood the situation, with Christmas approaching and 3 great phones being released next month. He said that I could call back on 11/28 and get the upgrade price on any phone. Although, I would only receive the discounted price if I placed my order over the phone. This date is perfect for me, as it gives me a chance to study the phones thoroughly and make a wise decision.
    10-28-2011 12:33 PM
    I got my Droid X July 2010 and my upgrade date is March 2012. I have read in several spots (including somewhere in a post here) that people who signed a two year contract before January 16th, 2011 are able to upgrade early if they pay a 20 dollar fee. This may not be news to some of you (I hope its accurate) but if this is concrete I wonder if maybe going into the store would work out better for getting the phone the day it is released, rather than ordering it over the phone and waiting for it in the mail.
    10-28-2011 01:09 PM
    Call customer service and ask to speak with customer loyalty. They ae the ones who do that. Tell them you really want the phone on launch day and would like your upgrade moved up to get it. Be nice and grateful. They might do it. Oh but from what the lady told me, i have to wait until the phone is actually close to launch or set for pre order before i can actually call back to get it moved. They told me they would have done it if i wanted the razr but i have to call back because they didn't even know about the galaxy nexus.
    10-28-2011 01:18 PM
    When my wife and I had BB Storms, I emailed via their support form and said how terrible the phones were and that I was hoping to be able to upgrade to a new device soon (namely, the Incredible). They dropped the last 6 months or so of my contract off. They did this one two different occasions. Of course we were complaining about the Storm...
    10-28-2011 01:31 PM
    I got my Droid X July 2010 and my upgrade date is March 2012. I have read in several spots (including somewhere in a post here) that people who signed a two year contract before January 16th, 2011 are able to upgrade early if they pay a 20 dollar fee. This may not be news to some of you (I hope its accurate) but if this is concrete I wonder if maybe going into the store would work out better for getting the phone the day it is released, rather than ordering it over the phone and waiting for it in the mail.
    My exact situation. They wouldn't budge on letting me upgrade to the Bionic (which turned out kind of fortuitous). But I did manage to haggle them into moving my upgrade date to January.

Sent from my Xoom
    10-28-2011 02:32 PM
    I called Verizon's customer service about the very same question. My upgrade date is 12/28/2011 because I activated my original Incredible on 4/28/2010. The service rep understood the situation, with Christmas approaching and 3 great phones being released next month. He said that I could call back on 11/28 and get the upgrade price on any phone. Although, I would only receive the discounted price if I placed my order over the phone. This date is perfect for me, as it gives me a chance to study the phones thoroughly and make a wise decision.
    i am in the exact same situation.
    10-28-2011 05:23 PM
    I don't think we can say much at this point until we get an official launch date. My upgrade isn't until 02/12 but I am able to upgrade to the iPhone 4S now, so I assume they will do it for the Razer and Nexus.
    10-28-2011 05:36 PM
    the worst anyone can do is ask (very nicely). i am due for an upgrade in march (from my droid x) and you had better believe that once preorders have been announced, im going to be calling customer loyalty (or retention, whatever) to get them to bump it up. the biggest thing is just to be a nice as you can be. in my experience, vzw has always tried to go above and beyond for me to take care of me. their ultimate goal is to get that 2 year contract, and bumping an upgrade to lock you in for another 2 years is a very small thing for them to do
    10-28-2011 05:56 PM
    the worst anyone can do is ask (very nicely). i am due for an upgrade in march (from my droid x) and you had better believe that once preorders have been announced, im going to be calling customer loyalty (or retention, whatever) to get them to bump it up. the biggest thing is just to be a nice as you can be. in my experience, vzw has always tried to go above and beyond for me to take care of me. their ultimate goal is to get that 2 year contract, and bumping an upgrade to lock you in for another 2 years is a very small thing for them to do
    Do you have a direct number to get to that or do you go through he directory dialing 611?
    10-28-2011 06:28 PM
    Do you have a direct number to get to that or do you go through he directory dialing 611?
    i would jus dial 611 and ask to get directed to the proper department. dont waste time dealing with customer service; they likely wont be able to do much in that regard.
    10-28-2011 08:09 PM
    I got my Droid X July 2010 and my upgrade date is March 2012. I have read in several spots (including somewhere in a post here) that people who signed a two year contract before January 16th, 2011 are able to upgrade early if they pay a 20 dollar fee.
    There's a minimum monthly plan requirement for that, though. I'm on the $39.99 for 450 minutes plan, and I don't qualify.
    10-28-2011 08:41 PM
    Last time I wanted a phone bad I just opened a new line and don't use it. Its $10 a month so you get the phone for say $300 plus the $240 over 2 years and pay $540. Beats paying full retail and you have another number to play with. I did this with my x so over 2 years I paid $440 for it. Also if you do it at the right time you can get a upgrade every year keeping both lines.

10-28-2011 09:02 PM
    So my upgrade for a new phone is at the end of December, but I was wondering if Verizon will let me upgrade to the Nexus when it launches? Anybody ever get them to do that??
    try it in the store, if they say no, go home and dial 611 on your handset. if you talk to somebody on the phone you can get them to do it. They will do it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-28-2011 09:05 PM
    Last time I wanted a phone bad I just opened a new line and don't use it. Its $10 a month so you get the phone for say $300 plus the $240 over 2 years and pay $540. Beats paying full retail and you have another number to play with. I did this with my x so over 2 years I paid $440 for it. Also if you do it at the right time you can get a upgrade every year keeping both lines.

this too. i did this to get my OG droid. the only thing is remember to keep a beater phone (a non-smartphone) to keep on that extra line so you dont have to have a data plan on there
    10-28-2011 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD