I apologize if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know if the GN will have an integrated FM radio? I have the OG droid now which doesn't have an FM radio. I listen to local stations with iHeartRadio at work that I could otherwise listen to with an FM radio to save on data usage. I have unlimited data now, but no one knows how long big red will allow those of us with unlimited data to keep it - wink wink. I've seen some newer phones with FM support (I think the Vigor/Rezound has it). Anyway, anyone know?

Thanks!

-me
    10-28-2011 01:42 PM
    Yes, it will have one
    10-28-2011 01:59 PM
    i hope it has one... its a neat featture that all phones should have by now
    10-28-2011 03:23 PM
    I wouldn't count on it. I have an FM radio on my phone that I don't use. Not a feature that I look for.
    10-28-2011 09:23 PM
    I apologize if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know if the GN will have an integrated FM radio? I have the OG droid now which doesn't have an FM radio. I listen to local stations with iHeartRadio at work that I could otherwise listen to with an FM radio to save on data usage. I have unlimited data now, but no one knows how long big red will allow those of us with unlimited data to keep it - wink wink. I've seen some newer phones with FM support (I think the Vigor/Rezound has it). Anyway, anyone know?

Thanks!

-me
    The Galaxy Nexus uses the Broadcom BCM4330 WiFi & Bluetooth module which does support FM radio. That said, if there's an FM radio app in ICS that's news to me.
    10-28-2011 11:21 PM
    The Galaxy Nexus uses the Broadcom BCM4330 WiFi & Bluetooth module which does support FM radio. That said, if there's an FM radio app in ICS that's news to me.
    So, there is no google ICS app for the radio but a 3rd party app could take advantage of the included hardware?

-Kesnik
    10-30-2011 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD