Have I missed something.. I havent seen any Razr adds on TV.. or any mainstream websites even.. why is everyone acting like the Razr is being advertised the day lights out of and the Nexus is being ignored?

I wont doubt.. that eventually Razr commercials will hit the tv and mainstream websites.. and probably 10to1 compared to Galaxy Nexus ads.. or maybe even greater.. but can we stop the whining till this actually happens?

This is in response to the tens/hundreds of comments made so far over the past week about how the Galaxy Nexus is being treated like the redheaded step child by Verizon.. Like I said.. I dont disagree whatsoever that its playing second fiddle as far as Verizon is concerned and thats most likely due to money.. but can we seriously stop acting like the Razr is being Advertised to death? I'm looking forward to seeing my first advertisement to be honest.. and its coming out in like a week and a half.

I'd also like to point out that the hysteria and whining last night on the podcast was kinda out of hand as far as this "spam'ing" of emails about the Razr being launched... I signed up for the info like everyone else.. I got one email confirming that.. and then I got one email saying I could pre-order several days later.. yet on the podcast I think I heard one person quote it as a million emails and another as 27 emails... where did you sign up and how many times? Why is it I only got 1 email.. and not the "27" emails?

propaganda and misinformation run wild around here.. apparently its because people are upset someone questioned the galaxy nexus's downfalls (p.s. - phil.. that ultra whiney voice/ imitation of a concious consumer questioning the galaxy nexus's features or lack of you did for the first 15 minutes was completely uncalled for.. dont make us phil's look bad )

Ironic advertisement at the top of this thread.. its for the Galaxy Nexus LOL. have I even seen a Razr ad/banner? nope.
    hyminameisderek likes this.
    10-28-2011 06:24 PM
    From reading your posts, it is obvious that you are high on the razr. And I am very sure the thing will be advertised to death once its available.

This is the galaxy nexus forum though.
    10-28-2011 06:47 PM
    Just take a look at what's happened so far. Verizon held a joint presentation with Moto announcing the phone. Verizon then announced a preorder date for the RAZR and then it will be in customer's hands by November 10th. On their front page, the RAZR is the first thing you see. They are allowing preorders for the phone up to two weeks in advance of release. I won't be surprised if the Rezound gets better attention then the Nexus as well.

Compare it to the Nexus. Samsung and Google announce the phone in Hong Kong. Obviously no mention of US carrier release dates. Verizon puts out a press release stating the Nexus will be out later in the year which is vague. They put out a sign-up page for the "latest information" on its release but don't advertise it on their front page anywhere. Now we sit on our thumbs waiting for something concrete.

It seems obvious to me which one they are going to advertise more, whether they are doing it now or later. The RAZR is a phone they can fill their own services and apps, i.e. bloatware, that will make them the most money. This is typical Verizon. It's really nothing new.

But honestly, none of that matters to me. I don't care if Verizon is or isn't advertising the Nexus at all. I just want the phone in my hand by years end.
    qnet likes this.
    10-28-2011 06:57 PM

Ironic advertisement at the top of this thread.. its for the Galaxy Nexus LOL. have I even seen a Razr ad/banner? nope.
    You my also notice at the top that this is the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Forum not the Razr's. Why don't you try posting this in the proper place?
    10-28-2011 07:03 PM
    philly, I think your worrying too much about what we think. If you're happy that you pre-ordered the Razr, just be happy and, don't stress over it.

If I had chose the the Razr and pre-ordered it already, I'd be on the Razr forum and not here but, that's just me. I'd be so excited about the Razr that I wouldn't care about the GN anymore, especially if it truly disappointed me.

You may not share their feeling but, I believe people are whining because, they really want this phone and, are impatient. I know because, I'm one of them. Having said that, I don't care how much Verizon advertises the Razr, it's a nice phone and, it has their software on it for customers to use and, for Verizon to make more money on.

I have no loyalty to Verizon and could care less if they advertise the Nexus, just release it and, let me buy it. If the Galaxy Nexus came out on a different carrier, I would pay my early termination and be gone to that carrier.
    10-28-2011 07:05 PM
    You my also notice at the top that this is the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Forum not the Razr's. Why don't you try posting this in the proper place?
    as it deals with both phones, why does it belong in the razr section?

was I banned from the nexus forum the second I decided my choice for phone was the Razr?
    10-28-2011 07:06 PM
    I sincerely hope they don't advertise the Nexus much. Imagine you're a typical consumer. First, you complain about the 5MP camera because more MPs is always better (unless you're in the military and you're AWOL) but you get it anyway. Now you're getting software updates all the time and this is the first time they've hit a broad market so you have issues. You call Verizon to complain, they say it's not their software and give you Google's phone number. Google says it's Samsung's device, they should support it. The typical consumer will become frustrated with the Nexus experience for the very same reason many of us want it. Nexus phones aren't designed to be a commercial success, they're designed to enable the other phones successful by encouraging developers to play with new features (NFC and ultra-high resolutions in the case of the Galaxy).
    10-28-2011 07:10 PM
    as it deals with both phones, why does it belong in the razr section?

was I banned from the nexus forum the second I decided my choice for phone was the Razr?
    Sorry, your title and posting makes it seem like your favoring the Razr, So you would probably get more positive response by posting it there..
    10-28-2011 07:17 PM
    I agree. Too much advertising Razrs. I prefer my beard face the way it is.
    milkshed27 likes this.
    10-28-2011 07:46 PM
    Honestly, who cares how much they advertise either phone?

Guess what? If the Galaxy Nexus isn't heavily advertised, then Android won't die and the world will keep spinning and life will go on -- at least, until the Mayans are proved right and the world ends in December of 2012.
    10-28-2011 09:03 PM
    Is there a way to rate a thread worse than terrible?
    10-28-2011 09:05 PM
    sheeshh.. even in my quakelive web browser I'm getting Nexus ads

nemov: pls change that avatar.. its burning my eyes.

edit: oh wow the banner is on my favorite fantasy football site aswell. do I need to take pics? because I'd love to take pics to show how plastered this thing is on the web.

I'm gonna post the pics.. this is to much. just went to 5 sites I surf daily and all of them have a blaring nexus ad... couldnt find one single ad for the razr though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1789137...7627878741879/
    10-29-2011 08:02 AM
    Cool, now if just they would start the pre orders for the Nexus all would be great

sent by tapatalk
    10-29-2011 11:24 AM
    Except none of those ads are carrier specific. In fact internet banner ads are really the only form of advertising I see for any Nexus phone outside of premium store placement in some Best Buy stores.
    10-29-2011 11:32 AM
    Have I missed something.. I havent seen any Razr adds on TV.. or any mainstream websites even.. why is everyone acting like the Razr is being advertised the day lights out of and the Nexus is being ignored?

I wont doubt.. that eventually Razr commercials will hit the tv and mainstream websites.. and probably 10to1 compared to Galaxy Nexus ads.. or maybe even greater.. but can we stop the whining till this actually happens?

This is in response to the tens/hundreds of comments made so far over the past week about how the Galaxy Nexus is being treated like the redheaded step child by Verizon.. Like I said.. I dont disagree whatsoever that its playing second fiddle as far as Verizon is concerned and thats most likely due to money.. but can we seriously stop acting like the Razr is being Advertised to death? I'm looking forward to seeing my first advertisement to be honest.. and its coming out in like a week and a half.

I'd also like to point out that the hysteria and whining last night on the podcast was kinda out of hand as far as this "spam'ing" of emails about the Razr being launched... I signed up for the info like everyone else.. I got one email confirming that.. and then I got one email saying I could pre-order several days later.. yet on the podcast I think I heard one person quote it as a million emails and another as 27 emails... where did you sign up and how many times? Why is it I only got 1 email.. and not the "27" emails?

propaganda and misinformation run wild around here.. apparently its because people are upset someone questioned the galaxy nexus's downfalls (p.s. - phil.. that ultra whiney voice/ imitation of a concious consumer questioning the galaxy nexus's features or lack of you did for the first 15 minutes was completely uncalled for.. dont make us phil's look bad )

10-29-2011 11:37 AM
    sheeshh.. even in my quakelive web browser I'm getting Nexus ads

nemov: pls change that avatar.. its burning my eyes.

edit: oh wow the banner is on my favorite fantasy football site aswell. do I need to take pics? because I'd love to take pics to show how plastered this thing is on the web.

I'm gonna post the pics.. this is to much. just went to 5 sites I surf daily and all of them have a blaring nexus ad... couldnt find one single ad for the razr though.

nex - a set on Flickr
    Ok I don't want to start some sort of flame war over advertising android phones, but since you seem very determined to show us all how many Galaxy Nexus advertisements you've seen I had to come out and say something. Advertisements are based solely on what you look at on the internet. When I go to the Washington Post or a website like it I get Eve Online advertisements (I used to play). This is not because the Washington Post and Eve Online have some sort of advertising deal, its because I viewed Eve related websites and have cookies on my computer to show me advertising related to that game. Same goes for the Galaxy Nexus advertising you are seeing everywhere. You most likely went to a website, my guess is the Nexus sign in page, and are now starting to see Galaxy Nexus web advertisements all across the internet. That is how these ads work.

As for the topic at hand, there is no doubt that VZW will be pushing the Razr. Considering their track record for Moto related products I don't think this come as too much of a surprise. The reason we have not seen any advertisements for the phone, other than teasers on various websites, is that the phone is not out yet. When has VZW ever advertised a phone that was not currently released? I don't think I've seen a pre release advertisement for a specific phone since the release of the Droid. And even the early "Droid Does" advertisements did not seem to be phone specific but instead building hype for VZW's new smartphone line up.
    VideoEngineerAJS and ggpike like this.
    10-29-2011 11:43 AM
    Ok I don't want to start some sort of flame war over advertising android phones, but since you seem very determined to show us all how many Galaxy Nexus advertisements you've seen I had to come out and say something. Advertisements are based solely on what you look at on the internet. When I go to the Washington Post or a website like it I get Eve Online advertisements (I used to play). This is not because the Washington Post and Eve Online have some sort of advertising deal, its because I viewed Eve related websites and have cookies on my computer to show me advertising related to that game. Same goes for the Galaxy Nexus advertising you are seeing everywhere. You most likely went to a website, my guess is the Nexus sign in page, and are now starting to see Galaxy Nexus web advertisements all across the internet. That is how these ads work.

As for the topic at hand, there is no doubt that VZW will be pushing the Razr. Considering their track record for Moto related products I don't think this come as too much of a surprise. The reason we have not seen any advertisements for the phone, other than teasers on various websites, is that the phone is not out yet. When has VZW ever advertised a phone that was not currently released? I don't think I've seen a pre release advertisement for a specific phone since the release of the Droid. And even the early "Droid Does" advertisements did not seem to be phone specific but instead building hype for VZW's new smartphone line up.
    Wow, someone who actually knows how the internet and internet advertising works!!! What a concept!

I can't believe you didn't realize how internet advertising and marketing works philly.
    10-29-2011 12:02 PM
    I'm not going to lie. If the RAZR had a removable battery, and I didn't have problems with EVERY Motorola device going crazy in hot or humid weather (screens freaking out touching themselves) I would be real tempted to pick up a RAZR. I like moto build quality, but I work outside and I'm tired of my screens going haywire when its too hot or its rainy that day. I hate HTC sense, and hate HTC battery life. Samsung is my next try I guess. I would love a high end LG with an IPS display, but I don't see any hitting Verizon anytime soon and my D2 with 3G only is driving me crazy. As long as the radio in the Samsung are decent ie. no GPS issues, no 5 bar-1 bar-3 bar-0 bar-5 bar crap while not moving etc. I think ill be happy with the nexus. I'm psyched about the screen, the specs while not super uber specs are still high end enough that it should be future proof for a bit etc

Only thing I have really swayed on is preorder. I was SURE that I was going to pre order a nexus if it ever hit VZW but with no gorilla glass, and all these people reminding everyone on the internet about Samsung radio troubles of the past, I may wait a week or two and see what kind of hardware bugs pop up.
    10-29-2011 12:10 PM
    I think Nexus has longevity. In a year, the Razr will be outdated and not be able to run Motos next OS. Meanwhile the Nexus will for sure get the Next Android release and maybe even the one after.
    10-29-2011 12:15 PM

edited:

you're wrong mostly. yes google ads does track websites and has programs that can pretty much scan a forum and know what kind of banner to place in that said spot.. it doesnt track my internet useage and have banners following me around. (actually actually it just very well may do that, but I ask below how they track me is I do a complete history wipe on my computer probably 10 times a week)

that nexus ad on rotoworld.com is now a mitsubishi ad.. have I ever looked at mitsubishis site, or anything related to it? no.

So while you are right to a point that possibly google is putting up some nexus ads, it would be for no other reason then they tracked my usage on android based websites (i.e. android central) .. not nexus, or even google based websites.

I may not know the ins and outs of advertising and how much data farming google does.. but I think the primary reason that the reason why im seeing nexus ads is because google is placing them in out there alot.

if they are tracking me.. are you implying its by ip? by my search history? machine address? what?

I could go take more screen shots of google ads showing stuff ive never even remotely discussed or viewed online. (also alot of times on my quakelive page it will show an ad for revlon beauty care.. which is a fail for google because 1. I dont surf cosmetic sites (and my girl has her own laptop) and 2. Theres nothing on quakelive.com that should promote that ad being there.

as a sort of test, I just did a complete wipe of my cookies history etc.. then loaded up inprivate browser on i.e. and typed in droid-life.com (not one of the sites I included a banner picture of earlier).. and right on the top of the page was a Google Nexus banner.
    10-29-2011 12:37 PM
    I'm not going to lie. If the RAZR had a removable battery, and I didn't have problems with EVERY Motorola device going crazy in hot or humid weather (screens freaking out touching themselves) I would be real tempted to pick up a RAZR. I like moto build quality, but I work outside and I'm tired of my screens going haywire when its too hot or its rainy that day. I hate HTC sense, and hate HTC battery life. Samsung is my next try I guess. I would love a high end LG with an IPS display, but I don't see any hitting Verizon anytime soon and my D2 with 3G only is driving me crazy. As long as the radio in the Samsung are decent ie. no GPS issues, no 5 bar-1 bar-3 bar-0 bar-5 bar crap while not moving etc. I think ill be happy with the nexus. I'm psyched about the screen, the specs while not super uber specs are still high end enough that it should be future proof for a bit etc

Only thing I have really swayed on is preorder. I was SURE that I was going to pre order a nexus if it ever hit VZW but with no gorilla glass, and all these people reminding everyone on the internet about Samsung radio troubles of the past, I may wait a week or two and see what kind of hardware bugs pop up.
    get ready for the same problems on samsung.. ive had my screen go haywire multiple times.. infact im only a month out from a complete factory reset because this thing got so bad I couldnt even use it.

you know when your phone starts randomly doing the "jitter" and stuff stops working.. happens all the time.. why do you think one of my biggest caveats in my next phone selection was it specifically wasnt a samsung.. I wanna try another brand hoping its not a problem across the board. my girl got an htc, and I got a razr. if it wasnt for the nexus being so sweet in many aspects it wouldnt of even been considered for a second by me.. which it really wasnt because there was no way I was talking myself into another samsung.
    10-29-2011 12:40 PM
    This guy was kicked out of the RAZR forum for trolling. I'd be careful OP.

philly and Lazerz like this.
    10-29-2011 12:46 PM
    get ready for the same problems on samsung.. ive had my screen go haywire multiple times.. infact im only a month out from a complete factory reset because this thing got so bad I couldnt even use it.

you know when your phone starts randomly doing the "jitter" and stuff stops working.. happens all the time.. why do you think one of my biggest caveats in my next phone selection was it specifically wasnt a samsung.. I wanna try another brand hoping its not a problem across the board. my girl got an htc, and I got a razr. if it wasnt for the nexus being so sweet in many aspects it wouldnt of even been considered for a second by me.. which it really wasnt because there was no way I was talking myself into another samsung.
    Don't want to say its across the board, but it certainly appears that way then. I have had quite a few motorola touchscreens (OG droids, warranty replacements, D2 + warranty replacements, friends and family with Droid x's etc) and they all got the screen jitters and random touches etc. My droids got so bad if I hit the power button in my pocket it would unlock itself, hit the SMS app, type "ASdhdskjfhaskjhdakjshd89q138iudfndskjnfk vwiur893quwer89uifdsn" and send a 5 text message of jibberish to random people. No good. lol.

I hate a couple friends with HTC phones that have had the problem, but I don't pay enough attention to HTC to know if its wide spread or not. It's probably a heat + capacitive screen problem or something.
    10-29-2011 08:04 PM
    Constantly making RAZR posts in the Galaxy Nexus forums is trolling.

Don't do it again.
    10-29-2011 08:42 PM
    I'm sure we will see more adds for both soon. We don't need adds, we know what we want. Here we want the galaxy nexus. Can't want to get mine.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    10-29-2011 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD