Verizon Nexus shows its face at samsung

deadlyv2

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello fellow AC fans, I was digging through Samsungs website source code and found this image in its source code.
Verizon_SCH-i515_front.jpg

Source: http://www.samsung.com/us/register/galaxynexus/images/Verizon_SCH-i515_front.jpg

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Nice find.

The front facing camera looks to be slightly larger? Definitely stands out compared to the other images I've seen.

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Ew, that ffc is kind of ugly.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

IMO, the front facing camera is extremely awesome. How? It looks like a freakin' eye! :-$

Extremely nice find. Now if only we could get a release date....

edit: Very interesting. Went on DroidDoes and viewed the page source and the keywords just so happen to be feature some competitors such as "iphone, ... Samsung, HTC". Time to go crazy and start viewing the page source for everything.

Last edited:

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the FFC will look like that in person, it should look the same as every other Galaxy Nexus on the front.

deadlyv2

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 17178
After some more digging on Samsungs signup page i found this which shows the type of phone you are signing up for. Its named GalaxyNexusVerizon..... Sound interesting? So i changed the value from hidden to show. and looky there it has a textbox showing Verizon info not anybody else. Possible more of a lead to an early exclusive on Verizon before anybody else? We shall find out.

sorry for low quality dont know why, took screenshot at 2560x1440 :((
View attachment 17179

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 17178
After some more digging on Samsungs signup page i found this which shows the type of phone you are signing up for. Its named GalaxyNexusVerizon..... Sound interesting? So i changed the value from hidden to show. and looky there it has a textbox showing Verizon info not anybody else. Possible more of a lead to an early exclusive on Verizon before anybody else? We shall find out.

sorry for low quality dont know why, took screenshot at 2560x1440 :((
View attachment 17179

I can see the text box filled in with numbers that say 111011. Either it's morse code, binary code, or a date of release. Let's hope it's the latter :)

deadlyv2

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i saw that too but there is alot of numbers in the code so i dont know if is coincidence or the date so hopefully that is the date. It does line up with the info that i am getting from the store i go to.

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
i saw that too but there is alot of numbers in the code so i dont know if is coincidence or the date so hopefully that is the date. It does line up with the info that i am getting from the store i go to.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the average worker in a Verizon store doesn't know much about future release dates of phones. I'd be willing to bet that WE know more than they do. I get the feeling that if I go into a local Verizon store and ask about the Galaxy Nexus, they'll tell me that they've never heard of it then ask me if I want to check out their i*hone 4S with blazing fast 4G speeds. -_-

edit: I apologize, deadlyv2. Did not intend to offend you.

(I edited instead of making a new post because I don't feel like being a post whoar today)

Last edited:

deadlyv2

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the average worker in a Verizon store doesn't know much about future release dates of phones. I'd be willing to bet that WE know more than they do. I get the feeling that if I go into a local Verizon store and ask about the Galaxy Nexus, they'll tell me that they've never heard of it then ask me if I want to check out their i*hone 4S with blazing fast 4G speeds. -_-

Well I AM the employee working at the store. So I have the community and the official word as well. Thats what i meant by my store. and just to reimburse everybody I tell almost every customer that the "competition" is not worth the money. About 90% of our smartphone sales are android powered. All of our employees are android users. Myself and the store manager are both root/rom users. I LOVE ANDROID!!!!

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the average worker in a Verizon store doesn't know much about future release dates of phones. I'd be willing to bet that WE know more than they do. I get the feeling that if I go into a local Verizon store and ask about the Galaxy Nexus, they'll tell me that they've never heard of it then ask me if I want to check out their i*hone 4S with blazing fast 4G speeds......

That's so sad but true. The powers that be @ VZW hold onto info. so tight for so long it makes their retail employees come across like they're clueless drones going about their line of work. I understand why they guard pre-release info. but it just seems it would be embarassing for me, in their shoes, to act unaware to a customer who asked of a phones existence. Verizon would be better off allowing them to acknowledge certain aspects of pending releases rather than make them defer questions and try to tell me to upgrade to some crap device I wouldn't take, even if it was free. I realize it's a job for many, not everyone @ Verizon cares about the upcoming tech. side of the biz. I'd just love to interact w/ someone, just once, who doesn't have me shaking my head wondering why I even bother to call them, after I hang up. Sorry to rant about this off topic.

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What I find most interesting about that image is that there is no Verizon branding on it (at least not on the front). No Samsung branding either, for that matter. The only logo is Google's, there in the search box.

I guess that's standard for a Nexus device, but I have to admit... after the way Verizon bloated and Binged the Fascinate, I'm going to derive considerable satisfaction from a phone that bears no sign of their interference.

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
No LTE logo on back. Not the "verizon" actual phone on the web page.

If you are talking about the image that is shown on the Samsung info page, you are correct, that is the GSM version of the Nexus.

If you are talking about the picture that the OP posted, then please note that these are two different images. The one that was posted here points to the Verizon model number of i515. Since only the front of the device is shown you can't really know what is on the back, cause there's no back picture of the same device.

Just trying to clear up the confusion

Reactions: cdmta and qnet

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
By the way, going back to the discussion about the front facing camera. I think this particular picture isn't any different from the devices being shown on stage at the ICS event.. if you look closely to the presentation. But it doesn't appear to be that obvious (or I didn't look well enough) in other hands on videos.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci