Verizon Nexus shows its face at samsung

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
i saw that too but there is alot of numbers in the code so i dont know if is coincidence or the date so hopefully that is the date. It does line up with the info that i am getting from the store i go to.

The Verizon galaxy nexus model could have a bigger ffc than the original model. But other than that the trolls are very active and are pointing out any possible con of the galaxy nexus.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am betting that FFC looks different in the press shot so it accents it as a feature.

"HEY, rememeber I have a front camera too!!!!"

Guessing it looks the same as the other variants........

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I am betting that FFC looks different in the press shot so it accents it as a feature.

"HEY, rememeber I have a front camera too!!!!"

Guessing it looks the same as the other variants........

Exactly. No need to focus on this.
I have to say I am still very excited to get a device without a Verizon name on the front. This excites me almost as much as finally getting the nexus on vzw. :D

Does anyone else think this will just slip out with minimal advertising. Maybe just online until their Droids get the marketing time they want?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Probably because the phone is canceled. That's the only logical conclusion.

Next thing you know it, Verizon's going to issue a press release along with video of them throwing their Nexus model into a gray metal bucket, dousing it in gasoline, and then setting it alight while Lowell McAdam is in the background flicking off the camera. Then as a finale he unzips his pants and urinates into the bucket while staring right into camera and says, "How do you like your Nexus now?":mad:

"Veriiizzooooon!" *shakes fist*

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
What I find most interesting about that image is that there is no Verizon branding on it (at least not on the front). No Samsung branding either, for that matter. The only logo is Google's, there in the search box.

I guess that's standard for a Nexus device, but I have to admit... after the way Verizon bloated and Binged the Fascinate, I'm going to derive considerable satisfaction from a phone that bears no sign of their interference.

Check out this video around 22 seconds in. The notifcation bar is pulled down and you see the Verizon brand name sliding down at the bottom of the bar. Maybe this is how they will brand the phone.

Introducing Galaxy Nexus. Simple, beautiful, beyond smart - YouTube

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Check out this video around 22 seconds in. The notifcation bar is pulled down and you see the Verizon brand name sliding down at the bottom of the bar. Maybe this is how they will brand the phone.

Well, that could be an indicator of what network you're currently on, which could say something other than Verizon if you're roaming. But if it is branding, well, it's pretty subtle, and I'm OK with it if it keeps Verizon happy. Until I flash CM9, anyway. :)

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Introducing Galaxy Nexus. Simple, beautiful, beyond smart - YouTube

Usually EVERY phone has some kind of indication of what carrier it is running on. Hell, even the iPhone has the carrier name in the top left corner. So I guess the carrier name in the notification shade will be the standard for ICS.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Usually EVERY phone has some kind of indication of what carrier it is running on. Hell, even the iPhone has the carrier name in the top left corner. So I guess the carrier name in the notification shade will be the standard for ICS.
The carrier name in the notification shade has been part of Android since at least 2.0. With ICS they're just nice enough to shove it down to the bottom instead of being in like 30pt text right up top.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy