Let's get an app list going...

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Now that you have your Nexus - What Apps are you getting?

First, the Galaxy Nexus does have a Notification LED.

A great app for setting repeating LED, vibration, and sounds is Executive Assistant

Yes the GN does have a working notification LED I'm using it currently on mine.

Got to setting and then display and check the notification light. If you are running SMS Pro you can go to settings and in basic click to enable New message notifaction as well. Same goes for any other notification you may want.

James

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still looking for an app to repeat notifications for texts and missed calls and alerts for anything you don't check. I don't understand why this trivial thing is still left out on the best of phones. Doesn't anyone miss it? I can tell no one does cause there's like 2 apps for this.

help?

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Its AMAZING to me that no one seems to care about notifications, this has been on every other phone I have ever owned outside of Android. I thought they would have written this into ICS. Anyway there is a program called Missed Reminder I used for the Epic 4g but it doesn't seem to work on ICS properly. I gotta email the developer.

Also, I found a cool little program called "Gotya" that I didn't see mentioned here. It takes a pic if someone jacks your phone and it emails the pic to you. You would then use seekdroid and locate the phone and then .....

If your in NYC you go get your boys and go get your phone back.
If your in Texas you go get your gun and then go get your phone back.
If your in Cali you make a call to a guy (who owes you a favor) who goes to get your phone back.

Everywhere else you call your local PD and they take care of it.

I'm still looking for an app to repeat notifications for texts and missed calls and alerts for anything you don't check. I don't understand why this trivial thing is still left out on the best of phones. Doesn't anyone miss it? I can tell no one does cause there's like 2 apps for this.

help?

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
evperry, I'm using Phone Alarm right now. It will only notify you 4 times unless you upgrade to pro. It's ok, it allows you to control, sound, frequency, vibrations and colors for the LED for separate things you want repeated.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Does it alert for cal, gmail, text, missed calls and tasks?

evperry, I'm using Phone Alarm right now. It will only notify you 4 times unless you upgrade to pro. It's ok, it allows you to control, sound, frequency, vibrations and colors for the LED for separate things you want repeated.

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Anyone using the Kindle app having problems? I can open it 3 or 4 times, and then it just freezes on a black screen, or the opening screen with the kid under the tree. Force close, and then it works again for 3 or 4 times, and have to do it all over again.

Already uninstalled and reinstalled. Any thoughts?

Oh, and keeping in line with the thread, I will compile a list of other apps.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone make a suggestion to me for an app that I can use to automatically switch on and off wifi based off of my GPS location. I use VZWs on my Bionic. When I tried using it for the Nexus it tells me it is not a Verizon phone. LOL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone make a suggestion to me for an app that I can use to automatically switch on and off wifi based off of my GPS location. I use VZWs on my Bionic. When I tried using it for the Nexus it tells me it is not a Verizon phone. LOL

Not to be "that guy" that doesn't help you and also questions your request...but, why would you want to keep GPS on all the time but turn wifi-off? Wifi is not a huge drain on your battery, but GPS is.

Again, sorry for not being helpful :)

Brandon

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk
Pandora
Google Voice
Voice+ (it's a google call back, awesome for unlimited minuted if you have friends and family)
TweetCaster
Facebook
Evernote
Google Docs
ScanLife
Currents
Pulse (read daily)
CNN
Bloomberg
CarHome Ultra
HD Widgets
Light Flow
Linkedin
PdaNet
Pointer (lazy is me...)
Volume+
Wallet
Words with Friends

I kept this list to apps that I actually use every day.

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not to be "that guy" that doesn't help you and also questions your request...but, why would you want to keep GPS on all the time but turn wifi-off? Wifi is not a huge drain on your battery, but GPS is.

Again, sorry for not being helpful :)

Brandon

Where is that ignore button. LOL ;)

TreoDru

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Air1 radio station
Amazon store
Kindle
Android Pro Widgets
Angry Birds (all 3)
Amazon App store
Beautiful widgets
Bible (youversion)
Bubble (level)
Craigslist app
Cut The Rope
Daily Bible
Deer Hunter 3d
Documents To Go
Doodle Jump
Dragon Fly, free
Drudge Report
Easy Tether Pro
eBay
Evernote
Fandango
Flickr
Fruit Ninja
FUEL TV
GasRecord
Google Sky map
GPS status
Handcent SMS
IMDb
Kids Numbers
LastPass
Mammoth Mountain (snow report)
Netflix
Pandora
PocketGod
Shazam
SOA (Sons of Anarchy)
Springpad
Sprinkle
Surfline
Teamviewer
Ti Backup
Twitter
World of Goo
Yelp
Zillow

***I haven't yet tried every one of these out on the Nexus***

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Looking for an app that groups sms messages...

If I have an sms message with 2 or more people how can I keep them in the same thread? Now it shows up as an mms with everyone participant in a different convo. I cannot respond to all and there are times I am not even sure if its a group text or a single text. It used to automatically group on my blackberry