Let's get an app list going...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
pleeho - Kindle worked for you on the Nexus? It worked the first time it loaded, then it refused to load after that. Checked the appstore, seems like there's a slew of the same types of experiences out there.

pleeho

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
pleeho - Kindle worked for you on the Nexus? It worked the first time it loaded, then it refused to load after that. Checked the appstore, seems like there's a slew of the same types of experiences out there.

it's still working perfectly on my unit, but I'll be watching it warily.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
it's still working perfectly on my unit, but I'll be watching it warily.

I'm going to do an uninstall/reinstall soon enough. I rarely use Kindle on my device regardless, just like having the option. Thanks and keep me/us posted!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this thread is awesome... So here is my list of my personal 'essential' apps ...

Browsers: Dolphin HD (but its been crashing on me lately), Boat browser, Firefox

Social/Messaging : Google+, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Plume, Foursquare, Google Talk, TextPlus (as I didn't include text messaging in my plan)

Keyboard: AnySoft Keyboard (solely because of its Davanagari language pack that lets me type in my native language script)

News: Pure News widget, News 360, ESPN Scorecenter, Currents (although it is not quite there yet, it is promising and I like it)

Documents To Go / Quick Office Pro HD, Evernote, Lastpass

Photo Editing / Management: Be Funky Pro, Photobucket, Photofunia, Picsay, Pixlr-o-matic, Quickpic, Speedy Uploader

Customization: Desktop Visualizer, Minimalistic Text Widget, Wallpaper Wizardii, Zedge

Music/ Video: Mobo Player, Pandora, Sound Hound Infinity, Spotify, Pandora (I also use Youtube a whole lot, and I watch Netflix almost exclusively on my Asus Transformer), TV Show Favs

Games: I am not much of a gamer... I only like to play more traditional games like Monopoly, Solitaire (Klondike), Wordsmith, UNO... I would have really liked Cricket T20 Fever if it worked as well as its iOS version

Wave Launcher, Wikidroid, Weather Bug Elite, Tapatalk

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anon(20593)

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried to do a search for this but couldn't find anything... anyone had any luck with HBO GO? It's not available on the market so I guess it's not compatible with ICS.

The Watch ESPN app still doesn't work which is odd because last night I could watch ESPN through the browser.

Niner17

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I added Volume+ today and was very pleasantly surprised. I don't know why others have indicated it was not an improvement; I recommend it highly.

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
what's a good video app for ics? the 'video' that came with the phone would start the video and then crash stating that the video can't be played even it played it before.

thx.

nm, I found mx video player.

Last edited:

paperhurts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
AccuWeather
AirDroid
Kindle
Beautiful Widgets
BeejiveIM
Chrome to Phone
Color Flashlight
ConnectBot
Google Docs
Dolphin Browser HD
Evernote
Foursquare
GroupMe
HootSuite
Jorte
Listen
Pandora
PasswdSafe
Pulse
QR Droid
ReadItLater
RealCalc
Skitch
Tango
Tapatalk
Wifi Hotspot
Zedge

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
what's a good video app for ics? the 'video' that came with the phone would start the video and then crash stating that the video can't be played even it played it before.

thx.

nm, I found mx video player.

that is a good player, but I like mvideo player because you can make playlists....

mjt1265

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
What's the deal with Tapatalk and why do so many use it?

I wondered the same thing for a long time. "why pay for an app when I can do the same thing on my phone for free?"

Let me tell you it is worth every penny if you are a forum junkie like myself, and enjoy browsing forums on your mobile device. Everything is laid out in a very easy to use and see format, you can set favorites so the forums you view the most are a click away. There is no more pinching and zooming or accidentally hitting the wrong link etc.

Try it out you will not be disapointed, worst case scenario if you dont like it get a refund. :cool:

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2