Introduce Yourselves (oh and there's a contest in here as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Introduce Yourselves (oh and there's a contest in here as wel

TitansJonne here! You guys ready for a journey? lol. My smartphone record like this.
First, the Moto Q
motorola-q9c-verizon.jpg

Next, the Samsung Saga
SCH-i770_front_5.jpg

After that Samsung Omnia(The first phone i ever hacked and loaded custom roms ons.)
samsung-omnia-phonemag-2.jpg

After that i made the jump to blackberry, starting with the storm
7915-main-medium-blackberry-storm.jpg

Next up, the 9650
bb-9650-delay.jpg

Once blackberry began it's decline, i jumped ship to webOS with the palm pixi plus
33941251-2-440-FT-2.jpg

That sucked, so i gave in and went on to Android with a old time favorite. Droid Incredible
droid-incredible-verizon-Support-970.png

Then i went big with the Thunderbolt
thunderbolt-verizon-MoreViews-1394.png

Got bored and instead grabbed a revolution
lg-revolution.png

Im a phone whore i know lol. And oh yea, Ive went through all these phones in just a 2 year period. :D And now im here waiting for the nexus lol. Im part of every forum, even the TIPB lol.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Another Montanian here. I have had a couple of motorola flip phones in the past and started following android back in 2009. I jumped on the Droid as soon as it came out and lasted a grand total of 1 month before rooting it. I am usually a lurker, but I was too excited about this release and I had to sign up, since I am here I will probably stay post release.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Former OS/Device: LG VX8350

Current OS/Device: OG Droid

How would you describe yourself - in terms of forum participation?: I follow closer during updates and when I'm eligible for an upgrade. I started monitoring the GS2 progress in May because I was up for an upgrade in July. That's turned into a long Summer and now the Nexus Galaxy is almost here.

Any other interesting stuff you feel comfortable sharing.

The only reason I didn't get an iPhone was because Verizon didn't offer it.

shanghai

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

First off I am a Blackberry Tour user and it was my first smartphone. I was an avid Crackberry site reader and have had several different operating systems on my Blackberry which I found thru the Crackberry developers. (Oh yeah, I am a 66 year old Grandmother with NO experience rooting a phone prior to reading Crackberry. However, I am looking forward with great anticipation to owning a Nexus phone running ICS and getting ?su? status with no bloatware.) Since I have no experience in computing I am a lurker that enjoys reading what software engineers make possible on a small screen. I have found this site to be very useful in terms of what to expect with new smartphone releases. I had planned on getting the Thunderbolt or Bionic when they were released but the reviews here convinced me the phone for me was a pure Google phone (or at least as much as Verizon allows) so Galaxy Nexus here I come.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Hi,

I am the Panda... I enjoy riding horses, sunsets and long walks on the beach.. I have worked in mobile for a long time and just like sharing what knowledge I have with those that may want to listen..

Former OS/Device: Pretty Much anything that has been on Verizon for the last ten years.. from such makers as....
Blackberry
WebOS
Windows Mobile
Windows Phone
iPhone

Previous Forums:
HowardForums
Crackberry
P|C
W|P
TiPb
and a bunch of others... heck you find someone talking about mobile and I tend to be nearby listening..

How would you describe yourself - in terms of forum participation?

I may not post alot but I try to keep those post meaningful and to the point.

So hopefully I win a case for my nexus.. o yea by the way its an amazing cool device and the excitement for it is well placed...

Panda;)

Reactions: Cory Streater

gort999

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I have always been actively involved in technology. I bought a hand held calculator with LED display for 175.00 one time when desk calculators were the norm from an office supply store. I bought a TI 99/4 computer for 600.00 when they first came out and programmed in TI Basic.I never got assembler though. When TI sent out TI FORTH I programmed in that and have several games and utilities that fit on 5.1/4 floppy and was traded around the world. My first real computer was a Franklin PC 8000 8088 based PC. I worked for a local alarm company as a Dispatcher for 20 years, but the last 10 of those years I was their IT guy. I liken the present iOS/ Android trend to the Apple/IBM clone tech streams of the 80's and 90's. I have always gone the IBM clone route and my first smartphone was a Blackberry 8330. Then when it was possible I got a Motorola Droid. The Droid was my primary phone until about 4 months ago when I bought a used R2D2 Droid 2 Motorola phone on Verizon. The R2D2 came with desktop charger and skin and several chargers. I entered a few contests and won a Sprint Motorola Photon 4G (Which, unfortunatly, I'm on Verizon with almost a year of contract left so I sold on EBAY.) and a LG Revolution which I am using as a small tablet to run Android applications and games and keeping as a spare. My son has an HTC Incredible which he received after his Droid Eris died and my daughter has a Droid X which I bought used from EBAY. The Galaxy Nexus with Ice Cream Sandwich looks very interesting. However, unless I win a phone for free, I have a family to support and cannot afford to buy a new phone until at least 6-9 months after it comes out - buying it as a used phone like the R2D2. I am now 60 years old and listen to most Android pod and webcasts and visit the Android sites and forums quite often. I'm on Twitter which I started because I was following S_A_R_A_H the smarthouse from Eureka TV show. I'm on Facebook and Google + as well as LinkedIn. I see a bright future for Android and now that Steve Jobs is out of the picture maybe Apple will take a break from trying to kill Android. Thanks for this opportunity to tell you about myself and my love of Android. My son went to Google+ in 2011 and I got an Andy HAT!
:)

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

My current phone is the OG Droid. My screen recently got annihilated on a rock while stepping out of the car and has be behaving erratically ever since. I could not be anymore excited for the Galaxy Nexus.

Before being a member on this forum, I was a lurker of this forum.

Once the Galaxy Nexus rumors started ramping up, I knew I needed to start participating more. I'm glad I did, the community for the most part is very positive, and I really enjoy the lack of mean sprited posts here. It's only been a couple of months, but I really feel like part of the community already. Thank you.

btrfly0823

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Hi, my name is Becca. I'm not too big into cell phones but my boyfriend told me about this one and mine is a piece of junk so I've been checking this website for a few weeks now waiting for the Nexus to come out. I don't post too much cuz I dont know alot about phones but I do know mine is dying on me. I have an Envy 2 that only rings when it wants to, shows text message identifications when it feels like and randomly goes from T9 to word.
envy2open.png

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Former OS/Device:

Nextel Phones
Some Alltel slider phone
Blackberry Storm 2 was my first "smart" phone if you want to call it that.

iPhone4 on VZW (girlfriends phone, so I have to know both platforms.. which is kinda fun.)

Previous Forums:

HowardForums back in my nextel days
Crackberry in my blackberry days

I would consider myself to be more of a lurker then anything. I like to read and learn as much as I can from other people and sources, and from time to time if I feel I can help someone out I'll post. I don't like getting into arguments on the forums, and don't like to add pointless comments. I primarily frequent the Droid X forums, but from time to time will venture out into other forums. Especially when I'm trying to learn more about that device. (ie Bionic and Nexus) I also check the VZW section here and there.

I use many different online sources for information, but AC is my first stop. I love listening to the live podcasts and hanging out on Google with Cory, Jerry, Jon and other Android nerds. I never really got involved in the Blackberry community as I have with Android, and its really sweet how everyone helps out and we all get to learn from each other.

I would really like to get a Nexus when it releases, and I'm already a Verizon customer, but because I was a late to the smart phone scene, I'm just behind on my upgrade timing. I got into the Storm 2 late in its life, so when the Droid X release I had to wait until Feb of this year to get it. So now I have no available upgrade for the Nexus. But that could be a good thing so I can read everyone's reviews of it and make sure its exactly what I want before I jump right in. And who knows what next years phones will look like in the spring?? Its a never ending cycle, and Its fun to be a part of it.

Heres a few screen shots of my Droid X running SSM-602 v.3 with ADW Launcher, Fancy Widget pro, and Widget Locker.

snap20111030_194553.png

snap20111030_194619.png

Last edited:

RattleSnake506

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Former OS/Device:
Symbian/ Nokia C5

Previous Forums:
None

I lurk in the background.

I had the first iphone for a couple of years and because I did not want to get another iphone I got hooked onto Android on my friends phones and I believe in Google so what better phone than the Nexus. I got into this forum to get more details on the Nexus. I mostly read everything and try to post once in a while.

There I am waiting for my first Android phone.

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

My first smartphone was a Samsung BlackJack, which I loved as long as I didn't know what I was missing. I made the jump to Android in September 2011 with the Samsung Fascinate, a phone I'm still very happy with. In fact, I was perfectly content to finish out my two-year contract on the Fascinate, but apparently I qualify for one of Verizon's now-defunct early upgrades. Just in time for the Galaxy Nexus. How can I say no?

I became a truly obsessive reader of forums during the summer of 2010 while waiting anxiously for Verizon to announce a release date for the Fascinate. It actually became something of a hobby of mine -- every day I'd scour a bunch of different forums looking for leaks and rumors, and I set up TweetDeck to notify me whenever anybody tweeted anything about the Fascinate. I kept notes in which I analyzed all of the rumors and derived my own conclusions about when the phone would be released. (I was close.) Nowadays the AC forums are pretty much the only ones I visit regularly, because the atmosphere here is SO much more helpful and open than some other places I could name.

I'm also the kind of guy who makes cardboard mockups of unreleased phones in order to judge their size. I made models of the Droid X and the Fascinate last year, and now I have a cardboard Galaxy Nexus.

IMG_20111030_201144.jpg
[/IMG]

I have to admit, I'm feeling some reluctance to say goodby to my Fascinate. It still feels new to me, and I was fully prepared to keep it for at least another year. But I've also become addicted to flashing ROMs, and I don't think it will be long before the Fascinate has been pretty much abandoned by the developer community. I'm looking forward to having a phone that's likely to have a large and active user base and lots developer support.

fvineyard

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Former Device: Samsung Omnia

Current Device: HTC Droid Incredible

Previous Forums: You mean there are other forums ???

I'm a forum addict. I check the forums multiple times throughout the day and post every now and then.

Frank

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I just recently got into phones almost two years ago. My first smart phone was a blackberry RIM. I liked it because, it helped with my business in that I could receive and send emails and, I could also tether it to my laptop ( I thought I was big-time then LOL!!).

When the Iphone came out I really wanted it but, didn't want to move from Verizon to At&t. After a couple of years, when I was on a month to month with Verizon and, still using my blackberry, I really wanted another phone. I didn't know what I wanted and didn't know anything about Android. A friend of mine recommended the Nexus one.

I called T-mobile to inquire about the N1 but the salesperson talked me into getting a Mytouch 3G. I returned it and bought the Nexus One at full price and, that's when my love for Android phones really began.

Since then I've owned several phones, both Android & Iphone. I'm now back with Verizon and, on my second Iphone 4. I also have a Xoom, Ipad 2 and, MiFi. I guess I'm a big device junkie now but, my best experiences were when I got my Nexus One and first Ipad.

I mainly just read but, if there is something new coming out that I want, I get involved a lot. I will still come on here after I get the Galaxy Nexus but, I'm not sure it will be as much. I'll probably just go back to reading and, if there is something I can help someone with or need help myself, I'll participate then.

I also want to learn about rooting and, kept my Mytouch 4G for that purpose. I got a Youtube channel and have been wanting to do some unboxing and tech reviews but, haven't got around to it.(or got my nerve up LOL).

I'm also a computer geek who likes to build gaming PC's and, also do computer repair and networking on the side. I have a Imac, which I love but, also have my custom built pc with a dual-boot of Windows 7 & Ubuntu. :)

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

My smartphone life debuted with the Palm phones. I started with the Palm Treo 700p, and later upgraded to the Palm 755p. After my contract was up, I ditched the smartphone line in favor of something a little easier on the budget. Enter my current Samsung Rogue. It has been a good phone for what it is, but since getting my CPA license, the need for a smartphone has become pretty clear.

The Galaxy Nexus will be my next phone for a few reasons. First off, I'm a tech junky, and I try to stay on the cutting edge if my wallet allows me. This phone seems to be on the cutting edge at least on the software aspect. Even though my Palm 755p has been my favorite phone to date, the Samsung phone has held up very well and has a beautiful display. The Samsung displays just seem to bit a touch sharper than everyone else, and I love a clean picture. I also like the lack of bloatware that a Google phone would come with. With my renewal date coming up as of 2 weeks ago, I'll have the Nexus as soon as it is available.

As far as forums go, it really depends on the forum. If I get a good vibe from a place and feel it has something to offer me, I hang around. If not, I usually disappear. I know I've only been around for a few weeks, but I do get a good vibe from this place. I like that I have a lot to learn about the Android world, so I'll definitely be around post-launch.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

My first smartphone was a BB Pearl and then moved onto the iphone killer the Storm. It was no iPhone killer, in fact I said it would be a long time before I would ever go back to BB after having the Storm for a few months. While I had the Storm I heard of an Android app called Locale and instantly new Android was for me. So all I had to do was wait for Verizon to get in on the Android love.

Since then I have had:
Droid
Droid X
Thunderbolt
Bionic
and soon Galaxy Nexus

I hung out at Crackberry for a while before moving on over.

p.s. Most places I go by Jedijesus95 but that was after I had joined here.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Great stuff... Thanks for the posts. I see a lot of members are joining us from other MN sites. Good to see.

I use an HTC Ozone

Wow this will be quite a change for you!

Hi,

I am the Panda... I enjoy riding horses, sunsets and long walks on the beach..

Lol :D

Is this thread for future Nexus owners I take it?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Yep

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Well let's see. My first smartphone ever was the original iPhone. And yes, I paid full price but I did not regret it. It was quite an awesome device. Thankfully I was credited some of the money back after AT&T started subsidizing it not too long after it's release which "enraged" some early adopters. But it also meant I was able to buy the iPhone 3G the next year at an upgrade pricing which was nice. I honestly loved the iPhone and probably would've stuck with it if weren't for the fact that AT&T's service was absolutely horrible for me. I would get missing texts and dropped calls quite frequently. Needless to say I had enough so I paid my termination fee and moved on over to Verizon.

Now if Verizon carried the iPhone at the time then I bet I would've been an iOS fan to this very day. However, I went ahead and bought the original Motorola Droid. It didn't have quite that smooth experience as the iPhone but nevertheless, I enjoyed it. Then I got into rooting and customization...now I was absolutely hooked. Eventually I moved on to the Droid X, the Thunderbolt, and now the Droid Bionic. I think I have a phone addiction. :-[ However I'm hoping the Galaxy Nexus will be that device I actually keep for two years.

Community wise, I would frequent droidforums.net and also keep up with Droid-Life. Then I discovered Android Central. I read a few editorials and reviews, listened to a few podcasts...now AC is my main source of Android news and discussion.

As far as forum participation goes, I intend to scour the forums and the rest of the net looking for Galaxy Nexus news and devouring it where I find it. I generally like the community here but I'm sure my posting will drop off when I get the device. That or I see myself posting in the rooted sub forums often if I ever do that with the GN.

Oh yeah and here's my current phone. Sorry for the darkness, it was 4:30 am and I generally like to keep the lights down in the morning.

droid1294

May 19, 2011
Visit site

Currently I still have an OG DROID. Its the only phone i have had yet. I am going to upgrade to the killer Galaxy Nexus. I love android and I only use this forum. I am only looking at the Galaxy Nexus forum because its my next phone. Android ftw

rubytuesday007

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Been a long time lurker and infrequent poster. I blog about phones for fun. Have owned so many, I cant remember them all, but here is a pictorial odyssey of some of them. There aren't all the phones I have reviewed, just the ones I have personally purchased at one time or another.

First phone was this...

SP0MOT8900x.jpeg

Then these lovely beauties...

SP1.0Startac.jpeg
SP1.1StarTAC.jpg

Then got my real first smartphone

kyocera.jpeg

Then my real REAL first smartphone!

sp1.jpg

Then most of it is a blur....in no particular order....First Blackberrys

BB850
SP1.5BB850.jpeg

BB5810
SP1.1BB5810.jpeg

BB7210
SP1.2BB7210.jpeg

BB8700
SP2.1BB8700.jpeg

Then Windows mobile. Yuk!

MOTO Q
SP5MOTQ.jpeg

Tmobile Dash
Sp3T-Mobile_Dash_wiki.jpg

Then the iPhone changed everything...

Iphone1.jpeg

Oooh the Android changed it too...

The Eris
Eris-3.jpg

OG Droid
Droid-1.jpeg

Back to iPhone

iphone3g.jpeg

Then back to Android...

EVO 4G
EVO-4g-4.jpeg

Droid X
Droid-x-5.jpeg

Then the 3gs

Iphone3gs.jpeg

Then the 4

iphone-4.jpeg

Back to Droid for a bit...

Inspire 4G
inspire-4g-7.jpeg

Atrix
atrix-8.jpeg

Couldnt wait for a phone more than the Thunderbolt!
tb.jpeg

And finally, the two phones I currently own...

The iPhone 4s
iphone-4s.jpeg

and the HTC Trophy
trophy.jpeg

As for forums, started out of Howard forums, then MoDaCo, then Apple, AndroidForums and Android Central. Also WPCentral.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon