Full price?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Since the preorders went live for the Droid RAZR, we have been clued in to the fact that Verizon is asking a pretty high $649 for the full retail price. Does anyone think that Verizon will go for pricing that high on the Nexus too? Personally, I could handle $529-$589, but $649 is pushing it big time. At that point it would almost be worth it to hop over to T-mobile's version since I'm in their HSPA 42 coverage (yes, I know it can't go that high, but it makes it faster regardless) , and the ETF would be $320 plus $299 for the phone.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure because im 75% sure that they aren't even going to market the damn phone. I see them just releasing it but the phone they want to push is the Razr. I can see the nexus being 599. The 529-589 isn't happening. 599 is the lowest there gonna go.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure because im 75% sure that they aren't even going to market the damn phone. I see them just releasing it but the phone they want to push is the Razr. I can see the nexus being 599. The 529-589 isn't happening. 599 is the lowest there gonna go.

I'm hoping for $549, which is what Sprint charges for the Nexus S. Verizon's retail prices for phones are getting ridiculous. Sprint is charging $500 to $550 for their high-end devices, T-mobile is charging $450-$550, and AT&T charges $450-$500. $650 for the RAZR is just too much, and it seems as though Verizon is going the WRONG way with their recent retail pricing. At the rate they're going, it shouldn't be too long before we see them charging $900 retail for a phone.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I am sure it will be $650. I can't imagine them selling out for less than the razr.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am sure it will be $650. I can't imagine them selling out for less than the razr.

I'd bet on the larger numbers, as well. Especially, once you take into account it's bloatware free, by most accounts, there's no residuals to be made on the back end. They wanna make as much as they can while it's their sole "exclusive" in the U.S.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd bet on the larger numbers, as well. Especially, once you take into account it's bloatware free, by most accounts, there's no residuals to be made on the back end. They wanna make as much as they can while it's their sole "exclusive" in the U.S.

I would not be surprised if it comes out with a $699 price tag up to $750 max for this very reason. They are going to want people to be driven to their "cheaper" (and I use that term very loosely) phones that have their bloat and services. I wonder if this will be one of the times where buying it full price from a store like Best Buy would be better. :D

That being said, I really hope that it comes in at most $599.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
$650.00 is pretty steep but, if it's 32GB I'll probably still buy it. My first Nexus phone was close to $600 after taxes were added in. Even If it's only 16GB, I still might still get it, now that I have all my music uploaded to music beta. Having said that, like everyone else, I'd love it if were around $599.00 or less.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that there's no way it will be under $600. I'm thinking $650 to $700 and I can't wait to hand it over and get my Nexus!

The idea of switching carriers over a hundred bucks seems crazy to me. The best phone in the world is worthless on carrier that doesn't have great data coverage. Even if you have service where you are, what if you go to grandma's house, or travel anywhere for any reason? Honestly, if this small of a price jump is breaking the bank, you should stop checking this forum and keep the phone you have. A cell phone is no reason to go broke. I'd also guess that the price will drop after a couple of months.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I'm going with $589

The Razr is made of quality, high end materials and that's is why the price is $649. The Nexus is really just a normal phone.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Open a new line. Get the phone for 299. Over 2 years you pay 240 more so total is 540. Plus your only paying 300 up front then making $10 monthly payments. Just make sure you dump the new number into a dumb phone that doesn't need a data plan. I have done this and find it now lets me upgrade every year as each line is up for a new phone a year after the other.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Open a new line. Get the phone for 299. Over 2 years you pay 240 more so total is 540. Plus your only paying 300 up front then making $10 monthly payments. Just make sure you dump the new number into a dumb phone that doesn't need a data plan. I have done this and find it now lets me upgrade every year as each line is up for a new phone a year after the other.

That's an interesting idea. So if I add a new line, I can switch the number from my first line to the new phone and, only for $10 more on my monthly payment for the extra line?

I really have to have the number I have now, because it's for my business but, if I'm understanding you correctly, that sounds like a good idea.

anon(185589)

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
A Verizon employee told me when you purchase a new smartphone by adding a line its $10 a month for the extra line and $30 a month for an extra data plan

Sent from my Thunderbolt

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
A Verizon employee told me when you purchase a new smartphone by adding a line its $10 a month for the extra line and $30 a month for an extra data plan

Sent from my Thunderbolt

That's why you dump the extra number on a older phone that does not need data. I have mine on a old LG flip phone. Just pay the $10.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
That's an interesting idea. So if I add a new line, I can switch the number from my first line to the new phone and, only for $10 more on my monthly payment for the extra line?

I really have to have the number I have now, because it's for my business but, if I'm understanding you correctly, that sounds like a good idea.

Yes you can. Soon as you walk out just take that older non data needing phone and active with the new number. Then take the new phone and active your old number.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can. Soon as you walk out just take that older non data needing phone and active with the new number. Then take the new phone and active your old number.

The only thing that may be a problem is, it's a LTE phone. When I had the Bionic I was on the fence on weather or not to return it.

To make a long story sort of short, I switched back to my Iphone 4, then tried to change back to the Bionic again. I was told that once you switch your number from a 4G phone back to a 3G phone you cannot go back and, will have to go in and, get another sim card for the 4G phone, which I did.

I think it still can be done but, it would have to be in the Verizon store if they allowed it. Also, I guess if your original phone is a 4G phone it may not be a problem but, unfortunately mine is.

Either way, I'm charging up my old Samsung flip phone just in case.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that may be a problem is, it's a LTE phone. When I had the Bionic I was on the fence on weather or not to return it.

To make a long story sort of short, I switched back to my Iphone 4, then tried to change back to the Bionic again. I was told that once you switch your number from a 4G phone back to a 3G phone you cannot go back and, will have to go in and, get another sim card for the 4G phone, which I did.

I think it still can be done but, it would have to be in the Verizon store if they allowed it. Also, I guess if your original phone is a 4G phone it may not be a problem but, unfortunately mine is.

Either way, I'm charging up my old Samsung flip phone just in case.

Whoever told you this is a complete liar. I went from a Bionic to my old Incredible now to a Thunderbolt with no issues at all. It's pretty pathetic that customers know more then some VZW reps.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that there's no way it will be under $600. I'm thinking $650 to $700 and I can't wait to hand it over and get my Nexus!

The idea of switching carriers over a hundred bucks seems crazy to me. The best phone in the world is worthless on carrier that doesn't have great data coverage. Even if you have service where you are, what if you go to grandma's house, or travel anywhere for any reason? Honestly, if this small of a price jump is breaking the bank, you should stop checking this forum and keep the phone you have. A cell phone is no reason to go broke. I'd also guess that the price will drop after a couple of months.

Thanks for dropping by, Scrooge McDuck? It's a discussion, nobodys :'( or :mad: in here. Unfortunately, not everybody has a bank vault filled w/ gold coins to swim in. Nor do they reside in areas w/ great coverage & data speeds, lighten up, bro.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for dropping by, Scrooge McDuck? It's a discussion, nobodys :'( or :mad: in here. Unfortunately, not everybody has a bank vault filled w/ gold coins to swim in. Nor do they reside in areas w/ great coverage & data speeds, lighten up, bro.

I see no need to "lighten up." I'm just saying that if $50 to $100 bucks puts you out so much that you can no longer buy the phone, you probably ought to stick with something else (though tntdroids idea of adding a second line sounds like a good one). A phone is a not a good reason to have financial trouble. The "stop checking this forum" comment was in the context of "stop tempting yourself," not meant to be taken as "go away."

As to my financial situation, I'm sorry that you're upset about me being able to afford this phone. You must be really upset when you here about someone like Bill Gates being able to buy an airplane.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Whoever told you this is a complete liar. I went from a Bionic to my old Incredible now to a Thunderbolt with no issues at all. It's pretty pathetic that customers know more then some VZW reps.

Yeah but, you did it differently than I did. You went to a different 4G phone and, I'm assuming with a new sim card. I went back to my Iphone - from the Bionic - then tried to go back to the same Bionic and, it wouldn't activate. I called customer service and they told me I needed a new sim. I had to go to the Verizon store and get the Bionic another sim.

I think I'm just going to stick with buying the phone full price, it's much simpler that way and, I have no problem doing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21