I think I read that the FFC on the Nexus is 1.3 mp. I currently have a Bionic, and although I can't seem to find the megapixel value for it's FFC, I do know that if I'm video chatting, the image of me (sent from my phone) looks extremely low quality (very fuzzy/pixelated) on any PC that I'm talking to. The picture of the person I called looks clear, but not the image I'm sending. Can anyone with a 1.3 mp FFC tell me if the quality image it sends to the person you're video calling is pretty crisp and clear, or do all front facing cameras send crappy images?
    10-31-2011 10:54 AM
    The bionic has a vga ffc which equates to about 0.3 mp I believe.

I think I read that the FFC on the Nexus is 1.3 mp. I currently have a Bionic, and although I can't seem to find the megapixel value for it's FFC, I do know that if I'm video chatting, the image of me (sent from my phone) looks extremely low quality (very fuzzy/pixelated) on any PC that I'm talking to. The picture of the person I called looks clear, but not the image I'm sending. Can anyone with a 1.3 mp FFC tell me if the quality image it sends to the person you're video calling is pretty crisp and clear, or do all front facing cameras send crappy images?
    10-31-2011 11:03 AM
    I think it just depends on the quality of the camera. My Xoom's FFC - which is 2Mp - is not nearly as good as my Iphone's and the Iphone's FFC is VGA. The Xoom's rear facing camera is good though and, almost comparable to the Iphone's.
    10-31-2011 11:36 AM
    The question you want to ask is: why did Verizon mess with the ffc? Perhaps they made it a lower quality so they can conserve bandwidth seeing as Verizon Lte is only tech besides wifi that can support video chatting. Just some food for thought

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 11:56 AM
    The question you want to ask is: why did Verizon mess with the ffc? Perhaps they made it a lower quality so they can conserve bandwidth seeing as Verizon Lte is only tech besides wifi that can support video chatting. Just some food for thought

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Umm, no...I don't think Verizon will mess with the FFC. It's still 1.3-megapixel per Verizon's press release.

Verizon Wireless Introduces The Galaxy Nexus By Samsung

If you're referring to the slight difference in size between the recently found press image and the GSM model, that can easily be explained away with it being a render, earlier design, or merely a slight cosmetic change. It doesn't necessarily denote that Verizon asked to change anything hardware wise.
    10-31-2011 12:04 PM
    I think it just depends on the quality of the camera. My Xoom's FFC - which is 2Mp - is not nearly as good as my Iphone's and the Iphone's FFC is VGA. The Xoom's rear facing camera is good though and, almost comparable to the Iphone's.
    I notice this too. I even thought the bionic would have a decent rear camera because the 5mp camera on my Xoom is really good.

Hard to say what the gn's will look like on a computer but in the demo of face unlock it looked pretty good. It has to be.....
    10-31-2011 12:43 PM
    I notice this too. I even thought the bionic would have a decent rear camera because the 5mp camera on my Xoom is really good.

Hard to say what the gn's will look like on a computer but in the demo of face unlock it looked pretty good. It has to be.....
    I didn't think about the face unlock, but that makes sense. Maybe it will be nice quality. Hopefully, someone with a Galaxy series phone can chime in about the quality of their ffc.
    10-31-2011 01:49 PM
    The question you want to ask is: why did Verizon mess with the ffc?
    Did I miss something here? I couldn't imagine the Verizon version using a different camera...
    10-31-2011 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD