11-01-2011 02:27 PM
114 1234 ...
tools
    Please stop opening up threads about P3Joke's tweets.
    no one said you had to open and read them....
    10-31-2011 04:43 PM
    I waited in line for the BB Storm when it was released...what a mistake that was.

I hope this turns out to be a much more enjoyable experience...this phone makes me drool.
    LOL I think I was in line behind you!! What a disappointment!
    Reborn58, WaistDownUnder and Buck. like this.
    10-31-2011 04:45 PM
    Honestly, the number of people who want this phone bad enough to be at Verizon before it opens will be tiny. This is a high level geek phone and there aren't that many of us spread across the country. Every time I've gone to Verizon on the first sales day of any device, I show up one hour before the opening, and I'm all alone. I'm not saying that nobody wants this phone (I'm dying for it), but I bet there are less than 500 of us in this forum.
    I don't know... I thought that would be the case with the Thunderbolt and I was the 5th person in line at the Verizon closest to where I worked at the time and unfortunately it's the same Verizon that's closest to where I work now also (changed jobs in July). The area that this Verizon is located in must have some pretty tech savvy consumers.
    10-31-2011 05:02 PM
    LOL I think I was in line behind you!! What a disappointment!
    The blackberry OS was trash but i think the hardware idea was amazing. Im still astounded by the click screen. Wish they kept with it.
    10-31-2011 05:19 PM
    I don't know... I thought that would be the case with the Thunderbolt and I was the 5th person in line at the Verizon closest to where I worked at the time and unfortunately it's the same Verizon that's closest to where I work now also (changed jobs in July). The area that this Verizon is located in must have some pretty tech savvy consumers.
    Yeah...Thunderbolt launch was fairly hectic over here. I still walked in and bought one without issue though.
    10-31-2011 05:40 PM
    Honestly, the number of people who want this phone bad enough to be at Verizon before it opens will be tiny. This is a high level geek phone and there aren't that many of us spread across the country. Every time I've gone to Verizon on the first sales day of any device, I show up one hour before the opening, and I'm all alone. I'm not saying that nobody wants this phone (I'm dying for it), but I bet there are less than 500 of us in this forum.
    That's probably true. I think I will just order mine online anyway.
    10-31-2011 05:40 PM
    I think you guys are underestimating how popular this phone will be. Yes it might not pull in the family of 5 that walks around the Verizon store for an hour playing with every phone.. but It will launch with the latest version of Android and its Samsung.. a very popular brand.

This phone will get glowing reviews online, even if it fails IMO.. anyone who even looks into phones for a few minutes online before buying will see something about the nexus on every single phone site on the web.. it litterally has a headline story on almost every phone blog thats out and it doesnt even have a release date for the US yet.

This isnt the same ol niche phone that the Nexus One was.. HTC was growing at the time and that phone was actually almost hard to buy.. I wanted to buy one and you couldnt even buy it through t-mobiles site when I tried.. you had to buy it from google direct.. All I know is I would of owned one if it worked on the t-mobile site/plan I was trying to put together (it might of been the add the cost of the phone to the bill thing that became an issue, I honestly dont fully remember.. but it wasnt an option with what I was trying to do).

Samsung phones are popular and this will be the latest and greatest one.. its not like Verizon can tell their employees to hide the thing in the corner.. they want commsion checks and I'm sure they realize telling a possible customer this phone has the latest OS and is the latest phone from Samsung being an easy sell.

Verizon doesnt own Motorola, or HTC.. yea they wont make as much money off the bloatware selling an AOSP phone.. but they want to sell every phone they carry like hotcakes.. every phone they sell is a subscriber..

In the end.. go take a look around online.. someone already mentioned it.. the nexus has 42million hits.. the razr has 1million.. this phone isnt some niche nerd phone that only you guys know about lol.. it will be very popular.
    10-31-2011 05:52 PM
    I think you guys are underestimating how popular this phone will be
    The reason that I think this wont be the uber popular device, is the specs...5 mp camera and 1.2 ghz processor compared to 8 mp and 1.5. Your average Joe/JoAnn doesn't understand what those numbers mean and can't conceive of the lower numbered device being better, and they've probably never even heard the term "bloat." If I were a salesman inside a Verizon store, I could take those 2 numbers (camera and processor speed) and change 99 out of 100 buyers minds that came in thinking about a Nexus. "This phone (the Nexus) only has a 5 mp camera, a slower processor, and doesn't even have some of the basic apps like VZ Navigator, V Cast Music, or Blockbuster!"

Don't hate me for saying that. I think the Nexus will be the best device out and I'm buying one out of contract the day it comes out. I just think that there will plenty to go around.
    10-31-2011 06:22 PM
    And don't forget about the 2 dozen Palm Pre Plus owners who are making the switch to Android.

HP's ineptness coupled with former webOS guru, Matias Duarte's inspired ICS has some of us hardcore webOS fans taking notice.
    10-31-2011 06:37 PM
    For all P3Droid has done for android users including PLENTY of AC forum users, I think its disgraceful that we have a Mod here calling him an *****. What Mod speaks that way about ANY of their users? Unless you meant it in jest but you need to clarify stat, Adrynalyne.

Saying Yes all phones are limited supply at launch is one thing, we all get overzealous sometimes, doesn't mean he was trying to start a panic like some people are saying.

And he NEVER said the G-nex wasn't coming to verizon or started a panic over that... he reported the fact that it wasn't a guarantee yet and Verzion had complaints about the product so it wasn't sure they were going to launch it yet. Then he advised anyone who was concerned to write a calmly worded, respectful email to verizon in the hopes of showing how much demand for the device there was. Its no coincidence that the NEXT DAY they announced it... they got flooded with emails and yeah, sometimes stuff like that will make a company wake up and do something people want.
    nemov and f150fan like this.
    10-31-2011 06:51 PM
    Direct from panda: "not understanding the nexus stuff. You all have all a few days before concrete launch dates are confirmed or debunked. Relax.. really :-)"
    pwninobrlan and broadwayblues like this.
    10-31-2011 06:57 PM
    Direct from panda: "not understanding the nexus stuff. You all have all a few days before concrete launch dates are confirmed or debunked. Relax.. really :-)"
    I saw that. I'm hoping for some sort of info soon.
    10-31-2011 06:59 PM
    For all P3Droid has done for android users including PLENTY of AC forum users, I think its disgraceful that we have a Mod here calling him an *****. What Mod speaks that way about ANY of their users? Unless you meant it in jest but you need to clarify stat, Adrynalyne.

Saying Yes all phones are limited supply at launch is one thing, we all get overzealous sometimes, doesn't mean he was trying to start a panic like some people are saying.

And he NEVER said the G-nex wasn't coming to verizon or started a panic over that... he reported the fact that it wasn't a guarantee yet and Verzion had complaints about the product so it wasn't sure they were going to launch it yet. Then he advised anyone who was concerned to write a calmly worded, respectful email to verizon in the hopes of showing how much demand for the device there was. Its no coincidence that the NEXT DAY they announced it... they got flooded with emails and yeah, sometimes stuff like that will make a company wake up and do something people want.

I think you can be mature enough to bring it to PM, the same as him.

p3droid has said plenty of hateful things to me and my development team over the last few months, and some would make sailors blush. Either way, I welcome any and all private messages on the matter. All he has to do is talk to me instead of stretching out yet more drama. Do not litter the threads with this.

Thanks!
    10-31-2011 07:00 PM
    I need to hold it before I commit to buying it. Hope there is a display model....
    10-31-2011 07:02 PM

All he is ever done is sell free leaks to users and fear monger. Remember the mass hysteria he started with tethering?
    terpitude71 and bplewis24 like this.
    10-31-2011 07:25 PM
    Its no coincidence that the NEXT DAY they announced it... they got flooded with emails and yeah, sometimes stuff like that will make a company wake up and do something people want.
    If you think a post from P3droid on a message forum caused a flood of emails of such amount that it influenced the decision making of the biggest wireless carrier in the United States then you really need to step back, take a deep breath of reality and realize your place in this world. The community here is big, but its not that big.
    DolfanCole, Jdm4292 and bplewis24 like this.
    10-31-2011 07:31 PM

LOL the only thing he has done for the Android community is SELL leaks to users that he gets for free. I'll back Adrynalyne 100% because he was speaking the truth. No reason to get all emotional about the situation, you people get your feelings hurt way to easily. And you need to get your facts straight, it was Jcase from AndIRC who started that reddit post up with a couple of us in the #gnexus channel getting some of the emails for the post. So if P3droid posted it he was just hoping on the bandwagon. So yeah nice try man
    10-31-2011 07:40 PM

Uhhhhhh. Im pretty sure Jcase told everyone to email vzw. But ok
    Adrynalyne likes this.
    10-31-2011 07:53 PM
    As far as P3 goes, I'll pretty much believe anything he has to say. I can't remember a time that he was wrong, and as far as charging for the leaks, him and his team deserve every penny for it. It has saved my butt time and again, so thanks P3. You make it sound like no other dev charges for any of their apps.
    10-31-2011 07:58 PM
    Pretty sure he was one of the guys that said to email vzw and tell them we want it.
    10-31-2011 08:02 PM
    LOL the only thing he has done for the Android community is SELL leaks to users that he gets for free. I'll back Adrynalyne 100% because he was speaking the truth. No reason to get all emotional about the situation, you people get your feelings hurt way to easily. And you need to get your facts straight, it was Jcase from AndIRC who started that reddit post up with a couple of us in the #gnexus channel getting some of the emails for the post. So if P3droid posted it he was just hoping on the bandwagon. So yeah nice try man
    so he doesn't deserve to be compensated for distributing? don't see a lot of other people bringing the quality material or news that p3 brings. I also used his kernels on my d1 for pretty much the entire time i had that phone, so i guess he did that too. To deny what he has done for the community is ignorant.
    That being said, I hope you enjoy your bliss.

limited supply indicates to me that it won't be a bionic-like situation where theres a billion phones per store
    10-31-2011 08:03 PM
    As far as P3 goes, I'll pretty much believe anything he has to say. I can't remember a time that he was wrong, and as far as charging for the leaks, him and his team deserve every penny for it. It has saved my butt time and again, so thanks P3. You make it sound like no other dev charges for any of their apps.
    Leaks are free. He did not create the software why would he have the right to sell it?
    Stang68 likes this.
    10-31-2011 08:03 PM
    This is getting off topic, but charging for your own apps is fine. Charging for ones that allow access to stolen software?

*Cough*

Either way, thats not what this thread is about.
    10-31-2011 08:04 PM
    Look everyone a puppy dog!

Just because someone has registered an account here doesn't necessarily mean they're are an active member. P3 runs his own forums/site and has his own style & standards in terms of how he rolls when it comes to development.

Adrynalyne is a developer and is even listed as one on P3's website. I think his opinions are based on experiences that both he and others in the development community have had with P3.

Here at AC (Adrynalyne's) participation has been more on the development side than as a moderator. When he starts releasing ROM's he all of a sudden becomes everyone's hero.

That said, I don't want this forum to turn into another drama ridden developer forum, so I'm ending this P3 talk right now. It's ruining my battery life.
    10-31-2011 08:05 PM
    Look everyone a puppy dog!

Just because someone has registered an account here doesn't necessarily mean they're are an active member. P3 runs his own forums/site and has his own style & standards in terms of how he rolls when it comes to development.

Adrynalyne is a developer and is even listed as one on P3's website. I think his opinions are based on experiences that both he and others in the development community have had with P3.

Here at AC his participation has been more on the development side than as a moderator. When he starts releasing ROM's he all of a sudden becomes everyone's hero.

That said, I don't want this forum to turn into another drama ridden developer forum, so I'm ending this P3 talk right now. It's ruining my battery life.

OOOO I love puppies...

Thank you Cory...

Lets talk about the devices..

BTW: Some panda guy says the battery life sucks!!

DISCUSS!!

Pandaaaaaa
    10-31-2011 08:12 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD