p3droid states limited supply at launch

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Its no coincidence that the NEXT DAY they announced it... they got flooded with emails and yeah, sometimes stuff like that will make a company wake up and do something people want.

If you think a post from P3droid on a message forum caused a flood of emails of such amount that it influenced the decision making of the biggest wireless carrier in the United States then you really need to step back, take a deep breath of reality and realize your place in this world. The community here is big, but its not that big.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
For all P3Droid has done for android users including PLENTY of AC forum users, I think its disgraceful that we have a Mod here calling him an idiot. What Mod speaks that way about ANY of their users? Unless you meant it in jest but you need to clarify stat, Adrynalyne.

Saying Yes all phones are limited supply at launch is one thing, we all get overzealous sometimes, doesn't mean he was trying to start a panic like some people are saying.

And he NEVER said the G-nex wasn't coming to verizon or started a panic over that... he reported the fact that it wasn't a guarantee yet and Verzion had complaints about the product so it wasn't sure they were going to launch it yet. Then he advised anyone who was concerned to write a calmly worded, respectful email to verizon in the hopes of showing how much demand for the device there was. Its no coincidence that the NEXT DAY they announced it... they got flooded with emails and yeah, sometimes stuff like that will make a company wake up and do something people want.

LOL the only thing he has done for the Android community is SELL leaks to users that he gets for free. I'll back Adrynalyne 100% because he was speaking the truth. No reason to get all emotional about the situation, you people get your feelings hurt way to easily. And you need to get your facts straight, it was Jcase from AndIRC who started that reddit post up with a couple of us in the #gnexus channel getting some of the emails for the post. So if P3droid posted it he was just hoping on the bandwagon. So yeah nice try man

Last edited:

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
For all P3Droid has done for android users including PLENTY of AC forum users, I think its disgraceful that we have a Mod here calling him an idiot. What Mod speaks that way about ANY of their users? Unless you meant it in jest but you need to clarify stat, Adrynalyne.

Saying Yes all phones are limited supply at launch is one thing, we all get overzealous sometimes, doesn't mean he was trying to start a panic like some people are saying.

And he NEVER said the G-nex wasn't coming to verizon or started a panic over that... he reported the fact that it wasn't a guarantee yet and Verzion had complaints about the product so it wasn't sure they were going to launch it yet. Then he advised anyone who was concerned to write a calmly worded, respectful email to verizon in the hopes of showing how much demand for the device there was. Its no coincidence that the NEXT DAY they announced it... they got flooded with emails and yeah, sometimes stuff like that will make a company wake up and do something people want.

Uhhhhhh. Im pretty sure Jcase told everyone to email vzw. But ok

fundo51

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
As far as P3 goes, I'll pretty much believe anything he has to say. I can't remember a time that he was wrong, and as far as charging for the leaks, him and his team deserve every penny for it. It has saved my butt time and again, so thanks P3. You make it sound like no other dev charges for any of their apps.

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
LOL the only thing he has done for the Android community is SELL leaks to users that he gets for free. I'll back Adrynalyne 100% because he was speaking the truth. No reason to get all emotional about the situation, you people get your feelings hurt way to easily. And you need to get your facts straight, it was Jcase from AndIRC who started that reddit post up with a couple of us in the #gnexus channel getting some of the emails for the post. So if P3droid posted it he was just hoping on the bandwagon. So yeah nice try man

so he doesn't deserve to be compensated for distributing? don't see a lot of other people bringing the quality material or news that p3 brings. I also used his kernels on my d1 for pretty much the entire time i had that phone, so i guess he did that too. To deny what he has done for the community is ignorant.
That being said, I hope you enjoy your bliss.

limited supply indicates to me that it won't be a bionic-like situation where theres a billion phones per store

dougpiston

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
As far as P3 goes, I'll pretty much believe anything he has to say. I can't remember a time that he was wrong, and as far as charging for the leaks, him and his team deserve every penny for it. It has saved my butt time and again, so thanks P3. You make it sound like no other dev charges for any of their apps.

Leaks are free. He did not create the software why would he have the right to sell it?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

This is getting off topic, but charging for your own apps is fine. Charging for ones that allow access to stolen software?

*Cough*

Either way, thats not what this thread is about.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Look everyone a puppy dog!

Just because someone has registered an account here doesn't necessarily mean they're are an active member. P3 runs his own forums/site and has his own style & standards in terms of how he rolls when it comes to development.

Adrynalyne is a developer and is even listed as one on P3's website. I think his opinions are based on experiences that both he and others in the development community have had with P3.

Here at AC (Adrynalyne's) participation has been more on the development side than as a moderator. When he starts releasing ROM's he all of a sudden becomes everyone's hero.

That said, I don't want this forum to turn into another drama ridden developer forum, so I'm ending this P3 talk right now. It's ruining my battery life.

Reactions: Mooem and tntdroid

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Just because someone has registered an account here doesn't necessarily mean they're are an active member. P3 runs his own forums/site and has his own style & standards in terms of how he rolls when it comes to development.

Adrynalyne is a developer and is even listed as one on P3's website. I think his opinions are based on experiences that both he and others in the development community have had with P3.

Here at AC his participation has been more on the development side than as a moderator. When he starts releasing ROM's he all of a sudden becomes everyone's hero.

That said, I don't want this forum to turn into another drama ridden developer forum, so I'm ending this P3 talk right now. It's ruining my battery life.

OOOO I love puppies...

Thank you Cory...

Lets talk about the devices..

BTW: Some panda guy says the battery life sucks!!

DISCUSS!!

;)

Pandaaaaaa

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
OOOO I love puppies...

Thank you Cory...

Lets talk about the devices..

BTW: Some panda guy says the battery life sucks!!

DISCUSS!!

;)

Pandaaaaaa

Can you comment as to whether the battery size has been changed or not from the current specs that we know about?

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Here at AC (Adrynalyne's) participation has been more on the development side than as a moderator. When he starts releasing ROM's he all of a sudden becomes everyone's hero.

You must have a thunderbolt then. LOL. /endrantonHTC

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'll bet that HSPA+ one doesn't suck ;)

NEW FIGHT!

relax guys, I'm only playing :)

you know.. your right.. but it also cant do full 720p video streaming like the LTE one.. and def not while running on ATT.. might get 320p with 2mins of buffer on a 1min video..

NEW CARRIER FIGHT!!

ATT LTE V.S. VZW LTE Battle!!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
you know.. your right.. but it also cant do full 720p video streaming like the LTE one.. and def not while running on ATT.. might get 320p with 2mins of buffer on a 1min video..

NEW CARRIER FIGHT!!

ATT LTE V.S. VZW LTE Battle!!

wouldnt at&t have to actually have LTE first? :D

i kid, i kid

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Bwahaha... Extended battery ftw

But on a serious note. I wonder what would be considered limited supply at launch. A couple per store or vzw corporate launch only. I am strongly considering using the costco exchange policy to switch. Not quite sold yet but with the option there, I could seal the deal. I have a feeling this phone will get pushed at the store not for being a dev device as much as a dual core, ics, with 720p. Believe it or not, there is a lot more to phones than a locked bootloader. I bet the rezound and razr get a similar push as well. Some of us might be in an uproar about the bootloader on some devices *cough cough moto ack* but for the most part, consumers don't give a damn.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
And the Award for the most Mods/admin's in a thread goes to.....

THIS ONE!

(now we need phil to talk off the yo gabba gabba outfit and jump in here)

:)