11-01-2011 02:27 PM
114 12345
tools
    OOOO I love puppies...

Thank you Cory...

Lets talk about the devices..

BTW: Some panda guy says the battery life sucks!!

DISCUSS!!

Pandaaaaaa
    Can you comment as to whether the battery size has been changed or not from the current specs that we know about?
    10-31-2011 08:14 PM
    OOOO I love puppies...

Thank you Cory...

DISCUSS!!

Pandaaaaaa
    Hrmmmm........ I wonder if it can possibly be worse than that damn Thunderbolt!!!!!????
    10-31-2011 08:15 PM
    Can you comment as to whether the battery size has been changed or not from the current specs that we know about?
    its a bit larger then the GSM one I believe but I can check and confirm.. I know they are different model sizes.. gsm is 1780 I believe.. lemme check the cap on LTE..
    10-31-2011 08:18 PM
    Look everyone a puppy dog!

Just because someone has registered an account here doesn't necessarily mean they're are an active member. P3 runs his own forums/site and has his own style & standards in terms of how he rolls when it comes to development.

Adrynalyne is a developer and is even listed as one on P3's website. I think his opinions are based on experiences that both he and others in the development community have had with P3.

Here at AC (Adrynalyne's) participation has been more on the development side than as a moderator. When he starts releasing ROM's he all of a sudden becomes everyone's hero.

That said, I don't want this forum to turn into another drama ridden developer forum, so I'm ending this P3 talk right now. It's ruining my battery life.
    You must have a thunderbolt then. LOL. /endrantonHTC
    Cory Streater likes this.
    10-31-2011 08:19 PM
    OOOO I love puppies...

Thank you Cory...

DISCUSS!!

Pandaaaaaa
    I'll bet that HSPA+ one doesn't suck

NEW FIGHT!

relax guys, I'm only playing
    10-31-2011 08:20 PM

NEW FIGHT!

Ahhh man that's a low blow!
    10-31-2011 08:22 PM

NEW FIGHT!

you know.. your right.. but it also cant do full 720p video streaming like the LTE one.. and def not while running on ATT.. might get 320p with 2mins of buffer on a 1min video..

NEW CARRIER FIGHT!!

ATT LTE V.S. VZW LTE Battle!!
    10-31-2011 08:23 PM
    you know.. your right.. but it also cant do full 720p video streaming like the LTE one.. and def not while running on ATT.. might get 320p with 2mins of buffer on a 1min video..

NEW CARRIER FIGHT!!

wouldnt at&t have to actually have LTE first?

i kid, i kid
    10-31-2011 08:26 PM
    Look everyone a puppy dog!

Just because someone has registered an account here doesn't necessarily mean they're are an active member. P3 runs his own forums/site and has his own style & standards in terms of how he rolls when it comes to development.

Adrynalyne is a developer and is even listed as one on P3's website. I think his opinions are based on experiences that both he and others in the development community have had with P3.

Here at AC (Adrynalyne's) participation has been more on the development side than as a moderator. When he starts releasing ROM's he all of a sudden becomes everyone's hero.

That said, I don't want this forum to turn into another drama ridden developer forum, so I'm ending this P3 talk right now. It's ruining my battery life.
    Bwahaha... Extended battery ftw

But on a serious note. I wonder what would be considered limited supply at launch. A couple per store or vzw corporate launch only. I am strongly considering using the costco exchange policy to switch. Not quite sold yet but with the option there, I could seal the deal. I have a feeling this phone will get pushed at the store not for being a dev device as much as a dual core, ics, with 720p. Believe it or not, there is a lot more to phones than a locked bootloader. I bet the rezound and razr get a similar push as well. Some of us might be in an uproar about the bootloader on some devices *cough cough moto ack* but for the most part, consumers don't give a damn.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 08:27 PM
    And the Award for the most Mods/admin's in a thread goes to.....

THIS ONE!

(now we need phil to talk off the yo gabba gabba outfit and jump in here)

10-31-2011 08:28 PM

NEW CARRIER FIGHT!!

Fight? That's like att bringing toothpicks to a thermonuclear fight. Haha

10-31-2011 08:30 PM
    Fight? That's like att bringing toothpicks to a thermonuclear fight. Haha

Yeah but their toothpicks are awesome
    pwninobrlan likes this.
    10-31-2011 08:33 PM
    And the Award for the most Mods/admin's in a thread goes to.....

THIS ONE!

(now we need phil to talk off the yo gabba gabba outfit and jump in here)

Don't think I posted here yet.... I'd love to see the yo gabba gabba Phil. :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 08:35 PM

Are you trying to put me into a coma?
    terpitude71 likes this.
    10-31-2011 08:40 PM
    All this talk about poor battery life is definitely making me rethink wanting this phone. Of course I can't say for sure until I try it for myself, but I'm starting to believe that the benefits of having the power of both cores, pentile, and ICS isn't going to be enough to tame the 4.65" LTE beast.
    10-31-2011 08:44 PM
    All this talk about poor battery life is definitely making me rethink wanting this phone. Of course I can't say for sure until I try it for myself, but I'm starting to believe that the benefits of having the power of both cores, pentile, and ICS isn't going to be enough to tame the 4.65" LTE beast.
    Nothing a 3600+ mAH extended battery can't fix..... As a side bonus, you will also be able to pummel muggers and super villains to death with it.
    Stang68 likes this.
    10-31-2011 08:48 PM
    Yeah thats true, but I don't like bulky phones that feel like bricks. I won't judge until I actually see it for myself, but if my recent stint with the Bionic was any indication, I'm skeptical as hell. That doesn't take away from all the other positives this phone has, though.
    10-31-2011 08:54 PM
    So if there is a limited supply at launch is it better to pre-order online or is it better to dust off the coleman tent and lantern and camp out at a store??
    Cory Streater likes this.
    10-31-2011 09:02 PM
    If the GN's battery is that bad I will have to look closer at the Razr ugh
    10-31-2011 09:15 PM
    What makes you think the Razr's sealed battery will be any better?
    10-31-2011 09:17 PM
    What makes you think the Razr's sealed battery will be any better?
    Was that not one of the major things Moto spoke about in their presentation?
    10-31-2011 09:23 PM
    Personally, I always carry a second battery handy if I think I may be away from a charger for that long. I also use car chargers and desktop chargers. Short battery life isn't too much of a concern. Short as in 6-8 leaning far towards 8 under moderate use.

10-31-2011 09:46 PM
    Personally, I always carry a second battery handy if I think I may be away from a charger for that long. I also use car chargers and desktop chargers. Short battery life isn't too much of a concern. Short as in 6-8 leaning far towards 8 under moderate use.

I just want a full day if not longer. I'm using a iphone that gives me 2 full days a pretty good use. Blows away all my Android phones, just hoping that either the Razr or GN step up to deliver better battery life.
    10-31-2011 09:53 PM
    its a bit larger then the GSM one I believe but I can check and confirm.. I know they are different model sizes.. gsm is 1780 I believe.. lemme check the cap on LTE..
    Please don't leave me / us hanging. Seriously, I work in the field for a living. I need a phone that can go 10 to 12 hours before it starts begging for a power outlet.
    10-31-2011 09:54 PM
    I need a phone that can go 10 to 12 hours before it starts begging for a power outlet.
    Bionic, Extended battery, 25 hours moderate use. There's your answer.
    10-31-2011 10:06 PM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD