p3droid states limited supply at launch

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
you know.. your right.. but it also cant do full 720p video streaming like the LTE one.. and def not while running on ATT.. might get 320p with 2mins of buffer on a 1min video..

NEW CARRIER FIGHT!!

ATT LTE V.S. VZW LTE Battle!!

Fight? That's like att bringing toothpicks to a thermonuclear fight. Haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Fight? That's like att bringing toothpicks to a thermonuclear fight. Haha

Yeah but their toothpicks are awesome
Samurai_Sword_Toothpick_Holder.jpg

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
All this talk about poor battery life is definitely making me rethink wanting this phone. Of course I can't say for sure until I try it for myself, but I'm starting to believe that the benefits of having the power of both cores, pentile, and ICS isn't going to be enough to tame the 4.65" LTE beast.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
All this talk about poor battery life is definitely making me rethink wanting this phone. Of course I can't say for sure until I try it for myself, but I'm starting to believe that the benefits of having the power of both cores, pentile, and ICS isn't going to be enough to tame the 4.65" LTE beast.

Nothing a 3600+ mAH extended battery can't fix..... As a side bonus, you will also be able to pummel muggers and super villains to death with it.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thats true, but I don't like bulky phones that feel like bricks. I won't judge until I actually see it for myself, but if my recent stint with the Bionic was any indication, I'm skeptical as hell. That doesn't take away from all the other positives this phone has, though.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So if there is a limited supply at launch is it better to pre-order online or is it better to dust off the coleman tent and lantern and camp out at a store??

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I always carry a second battery handy if I think I may be away from a charger for that long. I also use car chargers and desktop chargers. Short battery life isn't too much of a concern. Short as in 6-8 leaning far towards 8 under moderate use.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I always carry a second battery handy if I think I may be away from a charger for that long. I also use car chargers and desktop chargers. Short battery life isn't too much of a concern. Short as in 6-8 leaning far towards 8 under moderate use.

I just want a full day if not longer. I'm using a iphone that gives me 2 full days a pretty good use. Blows away all my Android phones, just hoping that either the Razr or GN step up to deliver better battery life.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
its a bit larger then the GSM one I believe but I can check and confirm.. I know they are different model sizes.. gsm is 1780 I believe.. lemme check the cap on LTE..

Please don't leave me / us hanging. Seriously, I work in the field for a living. I need a phone that can go 10 to 12 hours before it starts begging for a power outlet.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Was that not one of the major things Moto spoke about in their presentation?

I don't think the sealed battery will make much of a difference. It just helps it be more slim is my guess. I think they just put more optimizations in for battery life

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Again, P3Droid is nothing more than a fear-monger. Look at his tweets from right before the Nexus was officially announced by Verizon.

If you are very worried about getting one, pre-order it when available.

Couldn't agree more. Look at his history over the last year and it's very disturbing.

Brandon

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Was that not one of the major things Moto spoke about in their presentation?

You're going to really believe what Motorola says when they're announcing a device? After all they are trying to sell the device to you so of course they're going to talk about the battery life being zomg oh so great. I personally didn't watch it because the direction Motorola has taken after the DROID 1 has absolutely disgusted me so I'm not 100% sure they did but that seems to be what you're getting at. After all we are talking about the same Motorola that has been saying they'll unlock bootloaders starting this year and all we have is word that Motorola might unlock the international version (don't hold your breath btw). At least with the Nexus you could buy 2 stock batteries if you don't like having the thicker extended battery. With the crappy Razr you're stuck with the original battery and a locked bootloader. Also, what happens if the battery ends up crapping out on you a year later or so? The device is ruined, seems pretty lame to me.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Bionic, Extended battery, 25 hours moderate use. There's your answer.

Hahaha not even close for me. But considering the fact that I have my phone on full throttle all day, I am not concerned. I also spend three to four solid hours on phone calls with my bluetooth on. I am honestly happy with battery life as it is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2