Nov. 17th European Launch to precede U.S. Launch

Reborn58

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The US Version could easily be launched weeks after the European Versions. I dont think this has anything to do with Verizon and their launch. Remember... there are two versions of this phone... Verizons LTE verison (sch-i515) and the version for everybody else (international and non verizon us carriers GT-I9250 i believe). I think all this talk about Europe getting theirs on the 17th and US getting theirs weeks after is only referring to the version available in Europe, the GT-I9250 variant. Verizon is on their own with the LTE sch-i515. What do you guys think?

Panda has stated that as far as he knows it is Verizon pushing the delay back to "space out" their releases.

I think that makes sense with 3 major phones dropping in the near future here.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is all very interesting. It sucks that we have to wait but, I'm carefully trying to pay attention to how things are going.

I've never wanted a Verizon phone this bad and, never had this experience of delay's & waiting. When it's all over, I have to remember for the future, what rumors were true and from whom. This way, the next time I won't hang on every word, when it comes from certain sources or rumors.

That's what I love about Apple, they announce the iphone or Ipad2, then the next week pre-orders are available. You would think, other companies would have learned this by now. I know some of you hate Apple but, they are way superior in the way they handle the customer experience. Having said that, they only have one phone to worry about.

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I went to verizonwireless.com > Contact Us > Get In Touch > Send an Email. I urge everyone to do the same.

Good idea. I just emailed asking if they had any info on the release date. I doubt it will get anywhere, but the more that do the better. Also it might be a good reminder to keep your emails professional and non-agressive.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This isn't Samsung, it's Verizon.

No, actually.. put your tinfoil hat away for a minute. It's Samsung.

We got the Galaxy S, and S2 long after Europe did.. Samsung announced it was coming out to Europe on the 17th like a week ago.. why is anyone surprised that its coming out to Europe first? They would of announced a US release date already.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Good idea. I just emailed asking if they had any info on the release date. I doubt it will get anywhere, but the more that do the better. Also it might be a good reminder to keep your emails professional and non-agressive.

Yeah...I think it's best to convey our disappointment in a professional, yet serious manner.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

We got the Galaxy S, and S2 long after Europe did.. Samsung announced it was coming out to Europe on the 17th like a week ago.. why is anyone surprised that its coming out to Europe first? They would of announced a US release date already.

Apples/Oranges. This is more of a Google device than a Samsung device. People close to the situation have expressed the problems they're having with Verizon getting this phone released.

solido888

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

VZW was the last of the US carriers to get an SGS1, and they opted not to get an SGS2 (presumably since they were getting the Galaxy Nexus). I'm going to say VZW is the issue, and say you have the tinfoil hat about Samsung.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Panda has stated that as far as he knows it is Verizon pushing the delay back to "space out" their releases.

I think that makes sense with 3 major phones dropping in the near future here.

This is most likely the reason.

The Razr is coming out within the next 10 days.

The Nexus will be out a couple of weeks after that. Probably pre-order on the 17th with a release date right around end of November.

I am sure Verizon has some sort of deal with Moto where a competitors phone will not be released around the same time. Especially one as big as the Nexus.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ill be happy with a Nov. 17 pre order. (Ridiculously happy actually) But if nothing happens by the 17, the 24th is the last thursday of the month. I could easily see Verizon pushing this phone till December 1st judging by their "By the end of the year" comment.

nbajam

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ill be happy with a Nov. 17 pre order. (Ridiculously happy actually) But if nothing happens by the 17, the 24th is the last thursday of the month. I could easily see Verizon pushing this phone till December 1st judging by their "By the end of the year" comment.

So you think Verizon is going to intentionally miss the busiest shopping day of the year? Not familiar with retail are you?

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I went to verizonwireless.com > Contact Us > Get In Touch > Send an Email. I urge everyone to do the same.

I just e-mailed them. I explained to them my disappointment and how I may just stay with AT&T since they never manage to have the phones that I want. I even added in that AT&T just announced a second Galaxy S II today and how tempting that is (kinda, but not really since their LTE is not available anywhere near civilization). We'll see how they respond.

Does anyone know a good e-mail adress to use to reach Samsung Mobile? I can't find one that isn't teach support, etc...

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If someone wants to take it to the top...

Executive Leadership

You can contact anyone on here except the President and CEO. All you have to do is view their profile and at the bottom is an option to contact them via email. Maybe they'll push you to customer service, but you never know. People in numbers can be powerful.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they would launch a phone on thanksgiving. December seems more realistic. I'll have to put up with the thunderbolt a little longer :'(

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I received this reply back:

"Unfortunately, Samsung has not given us a release date, and without a release date we cannot give one to our customers as it would be incorrect information. We do have an option to sign up so you may get the latest alerts on the Nexus, such as release date, pre-order information etc. I am including a link below where you may sign up to receive these notifications.

Nexus Information: http://smartphones.verizonwireless.com/nexus/"

Ug. So it looks like maybe it is Samsung who isn't giving them a release date, but god knows how to contact them. Also, the rep didn't seem to be helpful with options for me not to cancel, and all she gives me is the sign-up page that I've already used.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I received this reply back:

"Unfortunately, Samsung has not given us a release date, and without a release date we cannot give one to our customers as it would be incorrect information. We do have an option to sign up so you may get the latest alerts on the Nexus, such as release date, pre-order information etc. I am including a link below where you may sign up to receive these notifications.

Nexus Information: http://smartphones.verizonwireless.com/nexus/"

Ug. So it looks like maybe it is Samsung who isn't giving them a release date, but god knows how to contact them. Also, the rep didn't seem to be helpful with options for me not to cancel, and all she gives me is the sign-up page that I've already used.

I can't believe you believe that Verizon is shooting straight with you.

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't really. I received the e-mail fairly quick, so I assume they have a stock response for this. I don't think we should not count out Samsung, though. The only company that cares about this device is Google, and I doubt they have any say on it's release...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet