11-02-2011 05:16 AM
89 1234
tools
    This isn't Samsung, it's Verizon.
    No, actually.. put your tinfoil hat away for a minute. It's Samsung.

We got the Galaxy S, and S2 long after Europe did.. Samsung announced it was coming out to Europe on the 17th like a week ago.. why is anyone surprised that its coming out to Europe first? They would of announced a US release date already.
    10-31-2011 03:49 PM
    Good idea. I just emailed asking if they had any info on the release date. I doubt it will get anywhere, but the more that do the better. Also it might be a good reminder to keep your emails professional and non-agressive.
    Yeah...I think it's best to convey our disappointment in a professional, yet serious manner.
    10-31-2011 03:49 PM

We got the Galaxy S, and S2 long after Europe did.. Samsung announced it was coming out to Europe on the 17th like a week ago.. why is anyone surprised that its coming out to Europe first? They would of announced a US release date already.
    Apples/Oranges. This is more of a Google device than a Samsung device. People close to the situation have expressed the problems they're having with Verizon getting this phone released.
    Stang68 and qnet like this.
    10-31-2011 03:53 PM

VZW was the last of the US carriers to get an SGS1, and they opted not to get an SGS2 (presumably since they were getting the Galaxy Nexus). I'm going to say VZW is the issue, and say you have the tinfoil hat about Samsung.
    10-31-2011 04:04 PM
    Panda has stated that as far as he knows it is Verizon pushing the delay back to "space out" their releases.

I think that makes sense with 3 major phones dropping in the near future here.

This is most likely the reason.

The Razr is coming out within the next 10 days.

The Nexus will be out a couple of weeks after that. Probably pre-order on the 17th with a release date right around end of November.

I am sure Verizon has some sort of deal with Moto where a competitors phone will not be released around the same time. Especially one as big as the Nexus.
    10-31-2011 04:11 PM
    Ill be happy with a Nov. 17 pre order. (Ridiculously happy actually) But if nothing happens by the 17, the 24th is the last thursday of the month. I could easily see Verizon pushing this phone till December 1st judging by their "By the end of the year" comment.
    10-31-2011 04:16 PM
    Looking like the Razr date has been announced

November 10th release.

Internal Verizon Document Confirms Motorola Droid RAZR Launch Date

I think Verizon will push the Nexus until very end of November if not early December. The will give the Razr some time to sell first.
    10-31-2011 05:11 PM
    Ill be happy with a Nov. 17 pre order. (Ridiculously happy actually) But if nothing happens by the 17, the 24th is the last thursday of the month. I could easily see Verizon pushing this phone till December 1st judging by their "By the end of the year" comment.
    So you think Verizon is going to intentionally miss the busiest shopping day of the year? Not familiar with retail are you?
    10-31-2011 05:18 PM
    I went to verizonwireless.com > Contact Us > Get In Touch > Send an Email. I urge everyone to do the same.
    I emailed too. Maybe if we annoy them enough they will just give us a date. hahaha
    10-31-2011 05:19 PM
    I went to verizonwireless.com > Contact Us > Get In Touch > Send an Email. I urge everyone to do the same.
    I just e-mailed them. I explained to them my disappointment and how I may just stay with AT&T since they never manage to have the phones that I want. I even added in that AT&T just announced a second Galaxy S II today and how tempting that is (kinda, but not really since their LTE is not available anywhere near civilization). We'll see how they respond.

Does anyone know a good e-mail adress to use to reach Samsung Mobile? I can't find one that isn't teach support, etc...
    10-31-2011 06:32 PM
    If someone wants to take it to the top...

Executive Leadership

You can contact anyone on here except the President and CEO. All you have to do is view their profile and at the bottom is an option to contact them via email. Maybe they'll push you to customer service, but you never know. People in numbers can be powerful.
    10-31-2011 07:00 PM
    I doubt they would launch a phone on thanksgiving. December seems more realistic. I'll have to put up with the thunderbolt a little longer
    10-31-2011 07:01 PM
    I received this reply back:

"Unfortunately, Samsung has not given us a release date, and without a release date we cannot give one to our customers as it would be incorrect information. We do have an option to sign up so you may get the latest alerts on the Nexus, such as release date, pre-order information etc. I am including a link below where you may sign up to receive these notifications.

Nexus Information: http://smartphones.verizonwireless.com/nexus/"

Ug. So it looks like maybe it is Samsung who isn't giving them a release date, but god knows how to contact them. Also, the rep didn't seem to be helpful with options for me not to cancel, and all she gives me is the sign-up page that I've already used.
    10-31-2011 07:06 PM

"Unfortunately, Samsung has not given us a release date, and without a release date we cannot give one to our customers as it would be incorrect information. We do have an option to sign up so you may get the latest alerts on the Nexus, such as release date, pre-order information etc. I am including a link below where you may sign up to receive these notifications.

Ug. So it looks like maybe it is Samsung who isn't giving them a release date, but god knows how to contact them. Also, the rep didn't seem to be helpful with options for me not to cancel, and all she gives me is the sign-up page that I've already used.
    I can't believe you believe that Verizon is shooting straight with you.
    10-31-2011 07:10 PM
    I don't really. I received the e-mail fairly quick, so I assume they have a stock response for this. I don't think we should not count out Samsung, though. The only company that cares about this device is Google, and I doubt they have any say on it's release...
    10-31-2011 07:13 PM
    It's not Samsung. They have no reason not to want to push it out ASAP.
    10-31-2011 07:15 PM
    Then I shall write an ignored e-mail to Vice Pres John Stratton....eh. I think I've stopped caring.
    10-31-2011 07:19 PM
    I think verizon is not announcing the release date or releasing it with in the same time period as the Razr
    so that they dont end up with a bunch of used phones when you return that crap.
    legendarydog likes this.
    10-31-2011 07:30 PM
    I'm tempted to buy a new phone every week and returning it until the Nexus is released. Damn restocking fee.
    legendarydog likes this.
    10-31-2011 07:35 PM
    I'll be shocked if the problem lies with Samsung. You would think that Samsung would be concerned about people just opting for the iphone. They need to realize that there are phones coming out this month with better specs than the GN and the most appealing thing to everyone with the GN is ICS. If they were smart they would release the GN now then release the other phones with better stats later with a timeline as to when they will be getting the ICS upgrades. This will put a highly anticipated phone on the market now to appease all the GN people. The other phones (razr etc) can be released the next month along with an ETA on ICS upgrade information. This will appease the people who may want more up to date hardware. To me this method makes way more sense because of the extremely strong iphone 4s sales. They basically have been giving Apple a free month to take as many sales away from Google and Samsung as possible. And I do agree with another poster on here. Google/Samsung did a crappy job at this whole GN roll-out thing....Apple is light years ahead of them. At the end of Apples presentation we all knew the price and when the damn things could be ordered. At the end of the Google/Samsung presentation all we did was scratch our heads........and we're still scratching our heads over two weeks later!
    Stang68 likes this.
    10-31-2011 09:59 PM
    ^^
    I'm just regular baffled. I've heard tons of theories and most of them are seriously strategic and deep. I'm still simple. I don't understand why Samsung would want to let Moto and HTC get their foot in the door and start running towards holiday sales, gathering good reviews, etc and let the Nexus stand on the sidelines. There's honestly nothing strategic about missing the holiday sales window.
    Now you see that nothing they do makes sense to rational people. They are an enigma to the modern world.
    10-31-2011 10:53 PM
    I'll be shocked if the problem lies with Samsung. You would think that Samsung would be concerned about people just opting for the iphone. They need to realize that there are phones coming out this month with better specs than the GN and the most appealing thing to everyone with the GN is ICS. If they were smart they would release the GN now then release the other phones with better stats later with a timeline as to when they will be getting the ICS upgrades. This will put a highly anticipated phone on the market now to appease all the GN people. The other phones (razr etc) can be released the next month along with an ETA on ICS upgrade information. This will appease the people who may want more up to date hardware. To me this method makes way more sense because of the extremely strong iphone 4s sales. They basically have been giving Apple a free month to take as many sales away from Google and Samsung as possible. And I do agree with another poster on here. Google/Samsung did a crappy job at this whole GN roll-out thing....Apple is light years ahead of them. At the end of Apples presentation we all knew the price and when the damn things could be ordered. At the end of the Google/Samsung presentation all we did was scratch our heads........and we're still scratching our heads over two weeks later!
    If overseas carriers have a dedicated launch date for the SGN. Google got the final ICS build wrapped & Samsung has their product ready to ship out. It points the finger back at Verizon because they control the release date for their model whereas, others don't have that freedom. That's one thing I hate about Verizon being the only pure LTE carrier here. They get specific builds others get more generic gsm models. That allows Verizon to have control of releases because manufacturers have to play by their rules if the wanna slot on the best, current, network. Very shrewd but very intelligent fromthe corporate standpoint.
    legendarydog and Mooem like this.
    10-31-2011 11:11 PM

Translation: "Samsung hasn't given us a date we want to hear yet"
    11-01-2011 04:35 AM
    Of course it's possible the European launch and American launch schedules are concerning the GN's GSM variant.CDMA/LTE device launches really have no impact to Europe. Having Verizon space out the launch of three high-end devices(with the non-bloated Nexus last,of course) makes the most sense.
    11-01-2011 04:56 AM
    I think verizon is not announcing the release date or releasing it with in the same time period as the Razr
    so that they dont end up with a bunch of used phones when you return that crap.
    LOL, great thought. Push the GN out past the return date of early Razr buyers.
    11-01-2011 05:39 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD