Nov. 17th European Launch to precede U.S. Launch

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Source: Droid-Life

"An article published by the UK’s Telegraph this morning has our inbox filling up with worried future Galaxy Nexus owners. Could the world’s first Ice Cream Sandwich device launch in Europe on November 17, but not in the U.S. for another couple of weeks? According to this article, that’s exactly what will happen. Here is the quote from the piece that has scared us all:

“At a recent Samsung European launch…the company confirmed that the European launch will precede the device going on sale in America and the rest of the world.”"

Crap.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why the U.S. always seems to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to smart phones. I can't even count how many time I have read an article about an upcoming phone, got excited by the super sexy specs, and then felt my hear sink when I read that it would be released only in Korea or something.

But still, Europe getting the Nexus before the U.S. wouldn't surprise me at all. We are dealing with Samsung here. How long did they make the U.S. wait for the GSII?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is all just a minor irritation for me because, I really don't need a new phone but, I fell sorry for people who actually need a new phone and, are trying to hold out for the GN.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind waiting an extra week or two, the og droid is still holding in there, if verizon doesn't want my money yet, they can wait for it.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why the U.S. always seems to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to smart phones. I can't even count how many time I have read an article about an upcoming phone, got excited by the super sexy specs, and then felt my hear sink when I read that it would be released only in Korea or something.

But still, Europe getting the Nexus before the U.S. wouldn't surprise me at all. We are dealing with Samsung here. How long did they make the U.S. wait for the GSII?

It's more like how long did the carriers make Samsung wait in releasing the GSII in the U.S.? They are the gatekeepers in this case.

This is why Verizon's vague press release (in terms of dates) concerned me in that we would see it later rather than sooner. Always prepare for the worst case scenario. I don't mind waiting, personally, but I know a lot of people with old phones are probably fed up.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Their press release said "By the end of the year"
That makes your worst case scenario Pre-sales start 12/29

Correct. When I mean worst case, I mean the less desirable outcome (not necessarily horrible). I'm just saying people shouldn't get their hopes up for a mid-November release.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol...I wrote an email to VZW about it and they called me back. Told me any delay regarding the Galaxy Nexus was Samsung's fault.

They also said I should contact them to find out if and when Verizon will be carrying the device.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Lol...I wrote an email to VZW about it and they called me back. Told me any delay regarding the Galaxy Nexus was Samsung's fault.

They also said I should contact them to find out if and when Verizon will be carrying the device.

LOL. Last week I told a Verizon rep that I planned on buying the Galaxy Nexus from them, which they recently announced, and she said "Oh I haven't heard of that, but ok!"

I'll say 32% of VZW employees know their company officially announced the Galaxy Nexus.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Haha... so they're not saying there's a delay, but if there is one it's most definitely not their fault.

You gotta love Verizon.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I sent Verizon a nice Twitter Haha.

Release the Nexus already, nobody cares for your stupid Motorola bloated phones. Stop delaying.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not worry. They never mentioned the US at all at the recent Samsung event. It could easily come before or the same day. All they said were the Europe dates and the rest of the world would followshortly after. It could be that its not Samsung's place to annomce the US date because the carriers and/or Google might not be ready to relase a date This article isnt backed by anything. There's still a chance of a 17th launch and Verizon and/or Google will release the date when they're ready. I'm under the impression that Verizon might have a date set, but with the flagship DROID RAZR and the HTC Rezound on the horizon, it not be in their best interest to announce the date for the Nexus.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Update: they emailed me and let me know that, despite my concerns regarding the Nexus, they hoped I was enjoying my Bionic AND they emailed me a link to the Bionic user's manual online! Awesome!!!!!

thafngame

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The US Version could easily be launched weeks after the European Versions. I dont think this has anything to do with Verizon and their launch. Remember... there are two versions of this phone... Verizons LTE verison (sch-i515) and the version for everybody else (international and non verizon us carriers GT-I9250 i believe). I think all this talk about Europe getting theirs on the 17th and US getting theirs weeks after is only referring to the version available in Europe, the GT-I9250 variant. Verizon is on their own with the LTE sch-i515. What do you guys think?

Reborn58

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
This is just a little blurb article that is probably just regurgitated information from other websites and other speculation.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Most of the smart money is betting on US release for Nov 10 or Nov 17.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary