11-06-2011 12:25 PM
182 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Re: lack of sd card...

What about apps that allow you to back up your data to the sd card in case your phone or app fails? I've needed to restore data a number of time on apps for various reasons and I've always been relieved to have the sd card for this reason. How will this be possible on a phone with no removable memory? Will we be able to back up our app data to a cloud? I only think of the cloud as being a place for music, documents, ebooks, etc.,

This is my only reservation re the GN.

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    When you first set up a Honeycomb device, it asks if you want to backup your app data to your google account. So if you get a new device, or format the one you have already, there is a restore function when you sync for the first time. At least this happens on my Galaxy Tab 10.1.

And I believe there are other third party apps that can do this for you as well.
    11-03-2011 07:07 PM
    The processor is only 1.2. So what? I'm figuring you'll be able to OC if you want. What more did you want at this point? Quad core? Absolutely nothing is coded to take advantage of 4 cores yet.
    It's foolish that Google's dev device is behind the coming hardware standard. They should release a device first or early in the game, not at the end of it.
    11-03-2011 08:31 PM
    It's foolish that Google's dev device is behind the coming hardware standard. They should release a device first or early in the game, not at the end of it.
    Lol. "Behind the COMING hardware standard." So, in other words, its foolish that its not from the future, lol. Because using a phone to develop that has no peer on the market is a good idea? I agree with the guy that said you're smoking some good sh!t.
    MMcCraryNJ and reflekt2099 like this.
    11-03-2011 08:56 PM
    Lol. "Behind the COMING hardware standard." So, in other words, its foolish that its not from the future, lol. Because using a phone to develop that has no peer on the market is a good idea? I agree with the guy that said you're smoking some good sh!t.
    Yes, exactly. It's foolish that this isn't a device that is coming out in the future, when it can release with quad core. They shouldn't be releasing it now.

And yes, it is a good idea to use a phone to develop that has no peer on the market. Why? Because then the market is ready to be saturated with optimized apps for the phone's hardware when the phone's hardware starts becoming standard. That way you don't have a year's delay. And do you know what else has no peer on the market? ICS. Perhaps, if you follow your own logic, you should want the Galaxy Nexus to come with gingerbread, and to just make ICS open for other phone's to use. Also, you should want it to come with a 800x480 screen, rather than the 720p screen which has no peer on the market either.
    11-03-2011 09:07 PM
    I like how you got away with that. Pushing the envelope.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:17 PM
    Yes, exactly. It's foolish that this isn't a device that is coming out in the future, when it can release with quad core. They shouldn't be releasing it now.

And yes, it is a good idea to use a phone to develop that has no peer on the market. Why? Because then the market is ready to be saturated with optimized apps for the phone's hardware when the phone's hardware starts becoming standard. That way you don't have a year's delay. And do you know what else has no peer on the market? ICS. Perhaps, if you follow your own logic, you should want the Galaxy Nexus to come with gingerbread, and to just make ICS open for other phone's to use. Also, you should want it to come with a 800x480 screen, rather than the 720p screen which has no peer on the market either.
    So you're saying the Nexus has no peer on the market? Okay, thanks, glad we got that out of the way.
    11-03-2011 09:22 PM
    I'm not going to get the Nexus because it can't read minds or travel back in time. Only a piece of garbage phone would lack those features.

Furthermore, I'm not going to buy a phone until it's one year ahead of the competition. How am I going to do that? I'm glad you asked. Two words: cat lasers.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:26 PM
    So you're saying the Nexus has no peer on the market? Okay, thanks, glad we got that out of the way.
    What?
    11-03-2011 09:30 PM
    Furthermore, I'm not going to buy a phone until it's one year ahead of the competition. How am I going to do that? I'm glad you asked. Two words: cat lasers.
    No, eight words: Buy the first phone of the yearly cycle.
    11-03-2011 09:32 PM
    No, "cat lasers" is two words. There's no doubt about that. Is the yearly cycle like the Tour de France?
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:36 PM
    No, "cat lasers" is two words. There's no doubt about that. Is the yearly cycle like the Tour de France?
    Keep your sarcasms to yourself, sir. This is a place of honest discussion.
    11-03-2011 09:43 PM
    Which was the g2x last year. I wonder what the average satisfaction levels for owners of the g2x vs the nexus s are now one year later. Which phone actually ended up more future proof?
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:45 PM
    Keep your sarcasms to yourself, sir. This is a place of honest discussion.
    Huh? Is sarcasms an outdated phone technology? Is the year cycle based on the Gregorian or Chinese calender?
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:49 PM
    Which was the g2x last year. I wonder what the average satisfaction levels for owners of the g2x vs the nexus s are now one year later. Which phone actually ended up more future proof?
    The g2x.
    11-03-2011 09:49 PM
    The g2x.
    So the g2x will be updated to ics then?
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:52 PM
    The g2x.
    Lol, more stupidity.
    11-03-2011 09:56 PM
    So the g2x will be updated to ics then?
    "LG firmly denies the rumors that claim LG will not be providing the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS update for the LG Optimus 2X. These rumors are NOT true," the company said.

Android 'Ice Cream Sandwich' Coming to LG Smartphones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    11-03-2011 09:58 PM
    "LG firmly denies the rumors that claim LG will not be providing the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS update for the LG Optimus 2X. These rumors are NOT true," the company said.

Android 'Ice Cream Sandwich' Coming to LG Smartphones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    The international LG Optimus 2X will probably see ICS at some point.

The T-Mobile G2X on the other hand? I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
    11-03-2011 10:07 PM
    Lol, more stupidity.
    The ad hominems and the sarcasms of you and your brethren just show that you fear my truth.
    11-03-2011 10:08 PM
    The international LG Optimus 2X will probably see ICS at some point.

The T-Mobile G2X on the other hand? I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
    And what troddens you to make such a claim? The G2X is stock, so there's nothing which should hold it back.
    11-03-2011 10:10 PM

It's good to see lg's commitment to updates, I genuinely had no idea what their plans were. Let's hope they deliver for the sake of everyone who got a g2x.
    11-03-2011 10:12 PM
    The ad hominems and the sarcasms of you and your brethren just show that you fear my truth.
    quote of the year?
    oxymoron likes this.
    11-03-2011 10:15 PM
    And what troddens you to make such a claim? The G2X is stock, so there's nothing which should hold it back.
    The carriers decide what gets updated and when. They have to pay for the update, not to mention provide their customers the support to get it up and running, and also to deal with potential issues that may come with an upgrade.

Basically, the carriers have been known to favor higher selling phones for updates vs. phones that may have not sold so well or even bombed. I can tell you right now, from being a T-Mobile customer since 2002 when they opened their doors....they do NOT support their phones for long periods of time. 6-8 months, tops.

I have a Samsung Vibrant, a GS variant. If you aren't on T-Mobile and/or don't have this phone, you just don't know the amount of things we owners had to go through to get them to give us the Froyo update. Every other GS variant in the US had it....we had to tweet daily, write support daily, call Samsung/T-Mobile daily. That got us a VERY early and unfinished build of Froyo, just to shut us up. The REAL, finalized build of Froyo didn't come until way after Gingerbread was already penetrating on most other devices. We still don't have GB. All of the other GS 1 models have had GB leaks, but not us.

Not very many people bought the G2X because it was riddled with software problems from the start, a lot of which still aren't fixed. T-Mobile even took it off of their website for several months because too many people were complaining about it. Especially with the ATT merger, the odds of the G2X ever getting an official ICS update are very slim.
    11-03-2011 10:20 PM
    how about that 5 MP no flash camera on the padfone? want to backtrack on that complaint yet?
    11-03-2011 10:23 PM
    The carriers decide what gets updated and when. They have to pay for the update, not to mention provide their customers the support to get it up and running, and also to deal with potential issues that may come with an upgrade.

Basically, the carriers have been known to favor higher selling phones for updates vs. phones that may have not sold so well or even bombed. I can tell you right now, from being a T-Mobile customer since 2002 when they opened their doors....they do NOT support their phones for long periods of time. 6-8 months, tops.

I have a Samsung Vibrant, a GS variant. If you aren't on T-Mobile and/or don't have this phone, you just don't know the amount of things we owners had to go through to get them to give us the Froyo update. Every other GS variant in the US had it....we had to tweet daily, write support daily, call Samsung/T-Mobile daily. That got us a VERY early and unfinished build of Froyo, just to shut us up. The REAL, finalized build of Froyo didn't come until way after Gingerbread was already penetrating on most other devices. We still don't have GB. All of the other GS 1 models have had GB leaks, but not us.

Not very many people bought the G2X because it was riddled with software problems from the start, a lot of which still aren't fixed. T-Mobile even took it off of their website for several months because too many people were complaining about it. Especially with the ATT merger, the odds of the G2X ever getting an official ICS update are very slim.
    Just more reason why we need a bleeding edge hardware Nexus, so no one needs to buy a buggy G2X.
    11-03-2011 10:23 PM
182 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD