11-06-2011 12:25 PM
182 ... 45678
tools
    how about that 5 MP no flash camera on the padfone? want to backtrack on that complaint yet?
    Compromises are accepted when they are earned. A Kal-El Padfone earns a **** camera so long as the other specs don't turn out to be **** as well.
    11-03-2011 10:27 PM
    The ad hominems and the sarcasms of you and your brethren just show that you fear my truth.
    Lol, no, it just shows that you are nothing but argumentative. You deserve nothing but sarcasms with the stupidity you spit out. Everyone else here realizes this but you.
    11-03-2011 10:30 PM
    Compromises are accepted when they are earned. A Kal-El Padfone earns a **** camera so long as the other specs don't turn out to be **** as well.
    So some specs being upper tier while others aren't are okay as long as they meet your approval. Okay, got it.
    11-03-2011 10:32 PM
    How long will it be before there is a real world benefit of having 4 cores over 2? How many programs use 4 cores? Outside of extreme gaming even the dated GPU of the nexus should hold up for a good while
    11-03-2011 10:33 PM
    Lol, no, it just shows that you are nothing but argumentative. You deserve nothing but sarcasms with the stupidity you spit out. Everyone else here realizes this but you.
    So said the council which tried Galileo for daring to say that the Earth revolved around the sun.
    11-03-2011 10:33 PM
    How long will it be before there is a real world benefit of having 4 cores over 2? How many programs use 4 cores? Outside of extreme gaming even the dated GPU of the nexus should hold up for a good while
    The longer it takes for there to be a benefit of the cores and GPU, the more future proof such a phone will be, and the more worth it will have. So the longer the better.
    11-03-2011 10:35 PM
    Trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable is a pointless endeavor. A wise man once said nothing.
    crzycrkr and oxymoron like this.
    11-03-2011 10:36 PM
    So some specs being upper tier while others aren't are okay as long as they meet your approval. Okay, got it.
    Standards are a subjective thing, don't you see?
    11-03-2011 10:37 PM
    No, eight words: Buy the first phone of the yearly cycle.
    Or in other words, you're saying everyone should have bought the HTC Thunderbolt. because that was the first phone of the yearly cycle. right? hm....yeah....
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-03-2011 11:04 PM
    Or in other words, you're saying everyone should have bought the HTC Thunderbolt. because that was the first phone of the yearly cycle. right? hm....yeah....
    No, that was the deformed child brought about by the radiation which was 4g LTE, a thing which turned this year into a clusterfudge of phones with year old specs and LTE and good specs without LTE. I would have a phone already if it wasn't for that.
    11-03-2011 11:09 PM
    So said the council which tried Galileo for daring to say that the Earth revolved around the sun.
    Lmao, love how you keep trying even though everyone is basically laughing at your stupidity right now. Keep going, it's amusing everyone.
    11-03-2011 11:28 PM

I was once like you Poopai. I was extremely upset that they didn't use the exynos and mail 400 but that combination did not work with all the frequencies and lte so what was offered honestly is the best possible that will work with all the carriers.
    MMcCraryNJ likes this.
    11-03-2011 11:37 PM
    If it's not gas powered it's fail, lol
    11-03-2011 11:44 PM
    The longer it takes for there to be a benefit of the cores and GPU, the more future proof such a phone will be, and the more worth it will have. So the longer the better.
    Moore's law. Since the early 70's processing power has DOUBLED every 18 months. If you think you can have an absolutely future proofed phone you'll never buy anything.

File:Transistor Count and Moore's Law - 2011.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously you are trolling the forum. Future proof technology? That's an oxymoron. Technology hasn't been future proofed since the advent of fire. Seriously think about what you are saying.....future proofed technology....lol.....

In reality if you want something is as future proofed as possible (which isn't much) you want a piece of technology that will have manufacture support for as long as possible. And what do you know....a phone supported by Google themselves.

Get the first quadcore phone that comes out, it will be supported just like the first dual core phone. Without looking that up do you know what phone that is? Lol...yeah, real future proofed tthat was...
    11-04-2011 12:48 AM
    Moore's law. Since the early 70's processing power has DOUBLED every 18 months. If you think you can have an absolutely future proofed phone you'll never buy anything.

File:Transistor Count and Moore's Law - 2011.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously you are trolling the forum. Future proof technology? That's an oxymoron. Technology hasn't been future proofed since the advent of fire. Seriously think about what you are saying.....future proofed technology....lol.....

In reality if you want something is as future proofed as possible (which isn't much) you want a piece of technology that will have manufacture support for as long as possible. And what do you know....a phone supported by Google themselves.

Get the first quadcore phone that comes out, it will be supported just like the first dual core phone. Without looking that up do you know what phone that is? Lol...yeah, real future proofed tthat was...
    I never claimed to desire an absolutely futureproofed phone, just one a year more futureproofed than the Galaxy Nexus. So you speak of shadows which never walked this world.

And I view futureproofness more in terms of hardware than software, so updates don't matter to me as much as strength of the hardware.
    11-04-2011 12:55 AM
    If every possible operation on Nexus runs smooth as butter, would you still feel disappointed with the "specs"?
    Why are people constantly getting caught up with specs more than anything else the ICS/hardware user experience?! If Google exclusively designed Nexus with Samsung, cherry picked the every single component, and then highly optimized their cutting edge ICS operating system to run in perfect harmony, why would you in your right mind be disappointed? It probably runs smoother than the most specced phone ever made including SGS2 loaded with all kinds of last gen skins, etc...
    It's just mind boggling to me..
    MMcCraryNJ and crzycrkr like this.
    11-04-2011 01:05 AM
    I never claimed to desire an absolutely futureproofed phone, just one a year more futureproofed than the Galaxy Nexus. So you speak of shadows which never walked this world.

And I view futureproofness more in terms of hardware than software, so updates don't matter to me as much as strength of the hardware.
    So future proofed but not too future proofed now? Okay

Well lets look at past phones that have seemed to last the longest......darnt, all developers phones! What you believe future proofs a phone and what actually does are different things. One is your opinion, and one is fact.

Why don't you just wait for a quad core phone or whatever (ignoring the fact the first dualcores weren't as future proofed as the single core developers phones) and be happy with it?

You really have to ignore history entirely for your loguc to make sense but that doesn't mean you have to get the GN. Get something else......please.....its really no big deal tons of great phones coming out.
    11-04-2011 01:13 AM
    If every possible operation on Nexus runs smooth as butter, would you still feel disappointed with the "specs"?
    Why are people constantly getting caught up with specs more than anything else the ICS/hardware user experience?! If Google exclusively designed Nexus with Samsung, cherry picked the every single component, and then highly optimized their cutting edge ICS operating system to run in perfect harmony, why would you in your right mind be disappointed? It probably runs smoother than the most specced phone ever made including SGS2 loaded with all kinds of last gen skins, etc...
    Some people are very susceptible to clever marketing. No idea what megapixels and processor cores are but know they need to have them....
    11-04-2011 01:17 AM
    So future proofed but not too future proofed now? Okay
    I never stated a measured desire of futureproofedness other than implying the desire for a device with a year's newer hardware than the Nexus, which aligns with the claim for exactly that which I just made. So again, sir, you speak of shadows.

Well lets look at past phones that have seemed to last the longest......darnt, all developers phones! What you believe future proofs a phone and what actually does are different things. One is your opinion, and one is fact.

Why don't you just wait for a quad core phone or whatever (ignoring the fact the first dualcores weren't as future proofed as the single core developers phones) and be happy with it?

You really have to ignore history entirely for your loguc to make sense but that doesn't mean you have to get the GN. Get something else......please.....its really no big deal tons of great phones coming out.
    This is all in the light of valuing software more than hardware in the realm of futureproofedness, a value which I do not hold, and instead hold its opposite.
    11-04-2011 01:25 AM
    specs are just specs I think we know this by now. You guys have to realize faster processors are always going to come out but it's how the OS uses those processors that really makes the end experience great and we will get that with the G-nex (btw I love that name). Plus we get an AWESOME 720p Super AMOLED which I'm extremely excited for. The RAZR and Rezound look enticing but the G-nex and ICS are a no brainer for me at this point. I'm quit tired of custom skins, not saying they are bad at all, but I need some stock android again.
    11-04-2011 01:27 AM
    Some people are very susceptible to clever marketing. No idea what megapixels and processor cores are but know they need to have them....
    Haha this is exactly what we learned in my microeconomics class, it's quite genius because people buy into it everyday.
    11-04-2011 01:29 AM
    I call shenanigans on this "optimization". It's a fluff word imo. It doesn't have any real meaning. Kind of like free will.
    11-04-2011 01:29 AM
    I don't know what I people expect. Quad core isn't out for phones yet, exynos is in low supply. The processor we got is a pretty nice dual core that's just overclocked and will out perform the snap dragon 3 in the rezound.
    11-04-2011 01:31 AM
    I call shenanigans on this "optimization". It's a fluff word imo. It doesn't have any real meaning. Kind of like free will.
    Yes, we know, you don't believe software can be optimized. We got it...you're stupid.
    CynicX likes this.
    11-04-2011 01:39 AM
    Sure just look at iOS... Tell me that isn't a polished smooth running OS.. Why? Because it's tightly integrated with specific hardware, controlled by Apple.
    Google does the same thing. They make ONE PHONE PER YEAR where they tightly control hardware OEM, pick every possible component, and then tightly optimize their code for that specific hardware to give their users clean and beautiful user experience, the way they meant it to be.
    Then they release the source code to OEMs that mess with it, bloat it and usually sell a completely different user experience.

Unless you're benching your phone 24/7 and get off on stuff like that, there is no way in the world that any other similarly specced phone will run ICS as smooth as Google's own Nexus for a while.
    Once the next generation components start popping out we'll see better performance, but you'll get a solid 6-10 months of top notch cutting edge ICS experience out of the Nexus, you can bet on that.
    11-04-2011 01:44 AM
182 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD