11-06-2011 12:25 PM
182 ... 678
tools
    you wanna wait for a quad-core phone? that's your decision. the rest of us will get the Galaxy Nexus, enjoy it and love it, while you're twiddling your thumbs waiting to, in your own words, "Buy the first phone of the yearly cycle." YUP!
    Plus what doesn't make sense about his argument is that if he has a single-core phone right now, he's already behind in the game as it is. So do you want to be 2 cycles behind for 6 months at the beginning or only 1 cycle behind for 6 months at the end? I didn't care that I only had a single-core phone when I bought the Thunderbolt because it had LTE and that was where I was going to notice the biggest speed difference.

Now that they have a dual-core LTE phone with software that is optimized to run on dual-core phones, I don't think I'll have any issues whatsoever.
    reflekt2099 likes this.
    11-04-2011 11:57 AM
    you wanna wait for a quad-core phone? that's your decision. the rest of us will get the Galaxy Nexus, enjoy it and love it, while you're twiddling your thumbs waiting to, in your own words, "Buy the first phone of the yearly cycle." YUP!
    This.

Tweaks/OS optimizations absolutely trump pure specs. And unlike the fantasy-land idea of "more cores is always better!", we've seen it being absolutely proven time and time again. Biggest proof? Look at the Galaxy S vs Nexus S. Exact same processor and memory. But you take a stock GS and put it up against a stock NS, even with both running Gingerbread, and the Nexus will blow it out of the water in real-world usage.

Also, if he had this same mindset last year (Why would I buy the Nexus S now? I'll just wait 2 months and get the first dual-core model), he would have the G2X instead of the Nexus S. Yeah, I'd take the NS over the G2X any day of the week.

Sorry bro, your arguments really don't hold up.
    crzycrkr and TuxDotKing like this.
    11-04-2011 12:09 PM
    I'm waiting on octo-core. It's going to be sick. For now I'm just going to duct tape two Transformer Prime's together and find a way to output their displays into a RGB Amoled. Pentile OMG OMG so bad.
    11-04-2011 12:14 PM
    I'm waiting on octo-core. It's going to be sick. For now I'm just going to duct tape two Transformer Prime's together and find a way to output their displays into a RGB Amoled. Pentile OMG OMG so bad.
    8 cores is yesterday's news, I won't jump until they can cram this into a phone.
    11-04-2011 12:22 PM
    I would just like to say thank you for the comic relief. I literally "LOL" many times reading this thread.

You fear my truth, and speaking of shadows which have not walked this earth... were the cream.

Again, thank you!! Made my day!!

*customized tapatalk signature*
    crzycrkr likes this.
    11-04-2011 12:54 PM
    I have more music files than you would probably believe if I told you. When I was a very young man I considered music as a profession. I didn't end up doing that but some of my friends did. Some became very "famous". I still play a lot with them and I have a lot of recordings that were done with a bunch of us just sitting around making music.

I fly quite a bit for business and also to go to music gigs, either as an attendee and sometimes to visit friends who are playing a gig. This may not be important for some but having my music available on my phone or ipod or whatever is a no compromise deal for me. I do have an old 120gb ipod classic that I could start using again (if I can find it), but I prefer to not be carrying so much stuff with me.
    Oh, you're talking to someone that has 9,000 songs and 72 GB in his library. Google music helped me relieve myself of the need to load music onto my phone, but it doesn't work so well on non 4G phones. Usually, I'll add a few playlists onto the phone, but leave the rest to my iPod touch. I can't imagine needing more than 32 GB, but that's just me.
    11-05-2011 07:50 PM
    Oh, you're talking to someone that has 9,000 songs and 72 GB in his library.
    IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

*sorry, couldn't resist lol*

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 12:25 PM
182 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD