Is anyone else dissapointed with the specs?

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: lack of sd card...

What about apps that allow you to back up your data to the sd card in case your phone or app fails? I've needed to restore data a number of time on apps for various reasons and I've always been relieved to have the sd card for this reason. How will this be possible on a phone with no removable memory? Will we be able to back up our app data to a cloud? I only think of the cloud as being a place for music, documents, ebooks, etc.,

This is my only reservation re the GN.

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

When you first set up a Honeycomb device, it asks if you want to backup your app data to your google account. So if you get a new device, or format the one you have already, there is a restore function when you sync for the first time. At least this happens on my Galaxy Tab 10.1.

And I believe there are other third party apps that can do this for you as well.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The processor is only 1.2. So what? I'm figuring you'll be able to OC if you want. What more did you want at this point? Quad core? Absolutely nothing is coded to take advantage of 4 cores yet.

It's foolish that Google's dev device is behind the coming hardware standard. They should release a device first or early in the game, not at the end of it.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It's foolish that Google's dev device is behind the coming hardware standard. They should release a device first or early in the game, not at the end of it.

Lol. "Behind the COMING hardware standard." So, in other words, its foolish that its not from the future, lol. Because using a phone to develop that has no peer on the market is a good idea? I agree with the guy that said you're smoking some good sh!t.

Reactions: MMcCraryNJ

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol. "Behind the COMING hardware standard." So, in other words, its foolish that its not from the future, lol. Because using a phone to develop that has no peer on the market is a good idea? I agree with the guy that said you're smoking some good sh!t.

Yes, exactly. It's foolish that this isn't a device that is coming out in the future, when it can release with quad core. They shouldn't be releasing it now.

And yes, it is a good idea to use a phone to develop that has no peer on the market. Why? Because then the market is ready to be saturated with optimized apps for the phone's hardware when the phone's hardware starts becoming standard. That way you don't have a year's delay. And do you know what else has no peer on the market? ICS. Perhaps, if you follow your own logic, you should want the Galaxy Nexus to come with gingerbread, and to just make ICS open for other phone's to use. Also, you should want it to come with a 800x480 screen, rather than the 720p screen which has no peer on the market either.

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I like how you got away with that. Pushing the envelope.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Reactions: crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, exactly. It's foolish that this isn't a device that is coming out in the future, when it can release with quad core. They shouldn't be releasing it now.

And yes, it is a good idea to use a phone to develop that has no peer on the market. Why? Because then the market is ready to be saturated with optimized apps for the phone's hardware when the phone's hardware starts becoming standard. That way you don't have a year's delay. And do you know what else has no peer on the market? ICS. Perhaps, if you follow your own logic, you should want the Galaxy Nexus to come with gingerbread, and to just make ICS open for other phone's to use. Also, you should want it to come with a 800x480 screen, rather than the 720p screen which has no peer on the market either.

So you're saying the Nexus has no peer on the market? Okay, thanks, glad we got that out of the way.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to get the Nexus because it can't read minds or travel back in time. Only a piece of garbage phone would lack those features.

Furthermore, I'm not going to buy a phone until it's one year ahead of the competition. How am I going to do that? I'm glad you asked. Two words: cat lasers.

Reactions: crzycrkr

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site