Is anyone else dissapointed with the specs?

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
And what troddens you to make such a claim? The G2X is stock, so there's nothing which should hold it back.

The carriers decide what gets updated and when. They have to pay for the update, not to mention provide their customers the support to get it up and running, and also to deal with potential issues that may come with an upgrade.

Basically, the carriers have been known to favor higher selling phones for updates vs. phones that may have not sold so well or even bombed. I can tell you right now, from being a T-Mobile customer since 2002 when they opened their doors....they do NOT support their phones for long periods of time. 6-8 months, tops.

I have a Samsung Vibrant, a GS variant. If you aren't on T-Mobile and/or don't have this phone, you just don't know the amount of things we owners had to go through to get them to give us the Froyo update. Every other GS variant in the US had it....we had to tweet daily, write support daily, call Samsung/T-Mobile daily. That got us a VERY early and unfinished build of Froyo, just to shut us up. The REAL, finalized build of Froyo didn't come until way after Gingerbread was already penetrating on most other devices. We still don't have GB. All of the other GS 1 models have had GB leaks, but not us.

Not very many people bought the G2X because it was riddled with software problems from the start, a lot of which still aren't fixed. T-Mobile even took it off of their website for several months because too many people were complaining about it. Especially with the ATT merger, the odds of the G2X ever getting an official ICS update are very slim.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The carriers decide what gets updated and when. They have to pay for the update, not to mention provide their customers the support to get it up and running, and also to deal with potential issues that may come with an upgrade.

Basically, the carriers have been known to favor higher selling phones for updates vs. phones that may have not sold so well or even bombed. I can tell you right now, from being a T-Mobile customer since 2002 when they opened their doors....they do NOT support their phones for long periods of time. 6-8 months, tops.

I have a Samsung Vibrant, a GS variant. If you aren't on T-Mobile and/or don't have this phone, you just don't know the amount of things we owners had to go through to get them to give us the Froyo update. Every other GS variant in the US had it....we had to tweet daily, write support daily, call Samsung/T-Mobile daily. That got us a VERY early and unfinished build of Froyo, just to shut us up. The REAL, finalized build of Froyo didn't come until way after Gingerbread was already penetrating on most other devices. We still don't have GB. All of the other GS 1 models have had GB leaks, but not us.

Not very many people bought the G2X because it was riddled with software problems from the start, a lot of which still aren't fixed. T-Mobile even took it off of their website for several months because too many people were complaining about it. Especially with the ATT merger, the odds of the G2X ever getting an official ICS update are very slim.

Just more reason why we need a bleeding edge hardware Nexus, so no one needs to buy a buggy G2X.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The ad hominems and the sarcasms of you and your brethren just show that you fear my truth.

Lol, no, it just shows that you are nothing but argumentative. You deserve nothing but sarcasms with the stupidity you spit out. Everyone else here realizes this but you.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Compromises are accepted when they are earned. A Kal-El Padfone earns a poop camera so long as the other specs don't turn out to be poop as well.

So some specs being upper tier while others aren't are okay as long as they meet your approval. Okay, got it.

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Compromises are accepted when they are earned. A Kal-El Padfone earns a poop camera so long as the other specs don't turn out to be poop as well.

How long will it be before there is a real world benefit of having 4 cores over 2? How many programs use 4 cores? Outside of extreme gaming even the dated GPU of the nexus should hold up for a good while

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol, no, it just shows that you are nothing but argumentative. You deserve nothing but sarcasms with the stupidity you spit out. Everyone else here realizes this but you.

So said the council which tried Galileo for daring to say that the Earth revolved around the sun.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
How long will it be before there is a real world benefit of having 4 cores over 2? How many programs use 4 cores? Outside of extreme gaming even the dated GPU of the nexus should hold up for a good while

The longer it takes for there to be a benefit of the cores and GPU, the more future proof such a phone will be, and the more worth it will have. So the longer the better.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Or in other words, you're saying everyone should have bought the HTC Thunderbolt. because that was the first phone of the yearly cycle. right? hm....yeah....

No, that was the deformed child brought about by the radiation which was 4g LTE, a thing which turned this year into a clusterfudge of phones with year old specs and LTE and good specs without LTE. I would have a phone already if it wasn't for that.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
seinfeld.gif

I was once like you Poopai. I was extremely upset that they didn't use the exynos and mail 400 but that combination did not work with all the frequencies and lte so what was offered honestly is the best possible that will work with all the carriers.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The longer it takes for there to be a benefit of the cores and GPU, the more future proof such a phone will be, and the more worth it will have. So the longer the better.

Moore's law. Since the early 70's processing power has DOUBLED every 18 months. If you think you can have an absolutely future proofed phone you'll never buy anything.

File:Transistor Count and Moore's Law - 2011.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously you are trolling the forum. Future proof technology? That's an oxymoron. Technology hasn't been future proofed since the advent of fire. Seriously think about what you are saying.....future proofed technology....lol.....

In reality if you want something is as future proofed as possible (which isn't much) you want a piece of technology that will have manufacture support for as long as possible. And what do you know....a phone supported by Google themselves.

Get the first quadcore phone that comes out, it will be supported just like the first dual core phone. Without looking that up do you know what phone that is? Lol...yeah, real future proofed tthat was...

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Moore's law. Since the early 70's processing power has DOUBLED every 18 months. If you think you can have an absolutely future proofed phone you'll never buy anything.

File:Transistor Count and Moore's Law - 2011.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously you are trolling the forum. Future proof technology? That's an oxymoron. Technology hasn't been future proofed since the advent of fire. Seriously think about what you are saying.....future proofed technology....lol.....

In reality if you want something is as future proofed as possible (which isn't much) you want a piece of technology that will have manufacture support for as long as possible. And what do you know....a phone supported by Google themselves.

Get the first quadcore phone that comes out, it will be supported just like the first dual core phone. Without looking that up do you know what phone that is? Lol...yeah, real future proofed tthat was...

I never claimed to desire an absolutely futureproofed phone, just one a year more futureproofed than the Galaxy Nexus. So you speak of shadows which never walked this world.

And I view futureproofness more in terms of hardware than software, so updates don't matter to me as much as strength of the hardware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2