11-03-2011 10:06 AM
58 123
tools
    Haven't seen this posted.... Watch in HD & just look at that screen. It should put any concerns you have about screen quality to bed.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBushsDO2-U[/YT]
    11-01-2011 03:46 PM
    nice video!!
    11-01-2011 03:54 PM
    wow.. the vids i've seen of the phone before this one have not done it justice.. phone and screen look incredible.
    11-01-2011 03:59 PM
    Thanks for posting this, I had seen it earlier on Youtube but, didn't bother posting it because I thought someone else had. I forgot about it.

I have always really liked the colors on a Super Amoled display. The GN's screen reminds me of the Nexus S only better. If it's anything like the Nexus S it will be excellent in sunlight, almost the best I've seen.
    11-01-2011 04:01 PM
    Wow! That's all I can say. That video with the kid in the toy store---just like you where there in person.
    The smoothness the speed. Wow!
    11-01-2011 04:07 PM
    Very nice video. Every new one that I watch is going to make waiting for the end of November that much more difficult.
    11-01-2011 04:30 PM
    Damn you, Cory Streater. This is like showing Thanksgiving dinner to a starving man.
    11-01-2011 04:31 PM
    That looks amazing.... Really wish it were coming out yesterday....
    11-01-2011 04:48 PM
    Don't worry guys, the Brits will let us know all about it and if we are lucky we may see it under the Christmas tree by the end of the year.....
    11-01-2011 04:53 PM
    iv'e seen this video before. and the screen loooks reallllllly good in this video watching it in 1080P. as long as the galaxy nexus screen is as good or very close to being as good as the IPS retina display on the iphone4, i'll be a happy camper. i'm sick of my sister telling me how much better her iphone 4's screen is compared to my droid charge screen (which isn't bad either, but it pales in comparison with the retina display side-by-side)
    11-01-2011 05:02 PM
    iv'e seen this video before. and the screen loooks reallllllly good in this video watching it in 1080P. as long as the galaxy nexus screen is as good or very close to being as good as the IPS retina display on the iphone4, i'll be a happy camper. i'm sick of my sister telling me how much better her iphone 4's screen is compared to my droid charge screen (which isn't bad either, but it pales in comparison with the retina display side-by-side)
    j

The Droid Charge has a much better screen as far as brilliance andbvivid colors than the iphone 4. You have nothing to regret as far as screen quality is concerned. The iphone looks dull and washed out in comparison.
    11-01-2011 05:20 PM
    "It does this."

*screen off animation*

SOLD!
    11-01-2011 05:24 PM
    Don't worry guys, the Brits will let us know all about it and if we are lucky we may see it under the Christmas tree by the end of the year.....
    They should send the RAF over here to drop off a few cases. We bailed them outta trouble in WWII. C'mon, it's war and peace and we need a big piece of that Nexus pie. Do it for FDR, he knew this moment would come when he said "the only thing we have to fear, is fear of the Galaxy Nexus not on our shelf". Maybe, not those exact words, but he'd definitely want to have on in his pocket if he was alive.
    11-01-2011 05:25 PM
    Can anyone post a link to the video itself? My laptop has a dead charger and all I have are my Android devices; and the embed isn't showing up on any of them for whatever reason.
    11-01-2011 05:26 PM
    j

The Droid Charge has a much better screen as far as brilliance andbvivid colors than the iphone 4. You have nothing to regret as far as screen quality is concerned. The iphone looks dull and washed out in comparison.
    i've done so many first hand comparisons side by side with my droid charge and her iphone 4. everything on the iphone 4's retina display is much more crisp. everything has a much more defined and sharp edge. whereas, on my droid charge's screen, edges are a little fuzzy. it's really really noticeable. icons are nowhere near as sharp. graphics in games aren't as sharp.

the one thing that i do give a slight edge to the droid charge's screen is that color representation is a bit more accurate. the colors are very saturated (almost too much). red's are very red. black's are very black. in comparison, the retina display has almost a washed out look. red's just quite aren't as red, and the same for blacks. but white colors are a much more different story. white's on the retina display are insanely bright and white.

and to get back on topic, i'm just really hoping that the galaxy nexus' screen lives up to the (High Definition) hype. 1280x720 sounds insane on a cell phone.
    11-01-2011 05:34 PM
    Can anyone post a link to the video itself? My laptop has a dead charger and all I have are my Android devices; and the embed isn't showing up on any of them for whatever reason.
    11-01-2011 05:35 PM
    Drool I did.
    11-01-2011 05:56 PM
    Looks great, but what game was he playing, the one with the cowboy looking guy?
    11-01-2011 05:58 PM
    The Super Amoled is just a different type of screen and, may not ever look exactly like the Iphone 4's. I have a Iphone4 and, used to compare it to my Nexus S. To some, the Iphone may look better but, it just depends. The colors on the super amoled really looks nice, it's just a different look.

Also, like someone mentioned, the Iphone displays light colors very brightly were as, the super-amoled displays dark colors deeper. The Iphone 4's retina display looks almost not real or virtual, is the best way I can describe it. The super-amoled looks more natural.

Like you, I'm interested in seeing how the GN screen will look since it does have close to the same PPI as the iphone. I don't think we'll be disappointed.
    11-01-2011 06:43 PM
    I'm just going to have to import it from the UK on the 17th. I can't wait anymore, plus I'm on ATT and we haven't even heard anything about them even getting it yet. If ATT doesn't get it the same day Verizon does, then I refuse to wait 3+ months for ATT to get it, like they did with the S2.

Since I need a GSM version, I am seriously just going to import this over.
    11-01-2011 06:49 PM
    My favorite lines from the video:

"iPhone killer."
    "take note Apple."
    "Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is pretty much perfect -- there I said it."
    "I mean, look how it locks. Amazing, facial recognition is pretty much the future."

Take note of that, Siri.
    11-01-2011 08:36 PM

"iPhone killer."
    "take note Apple."
    "I mean, look how it locks. Amazing, facial recognition is pretty much the future."

Take note of that, Siri.

Next Apple lawsuit:

Patent infringement on face unlock. Apple patented looking at a screen first.
    11-01-2011 08:44 PM
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned too much in the Galaxy Nexus/ICS articles is the multi-tasking screen with a resemblance to webOS where you can scroll through your webpages/apps and flick them off. Maybe I missed the comments about this, and I know a major webOS developer has been involved with Honeycomb and ICS.

Coming from webOS, but still with an EVO 4G, this is one of the key elements that is attractive to me about the next version of Android and the Galaxy Nexus. Any other info about this kind of easy use integration into Ice Cream Sandwich?
    11-01-2011 09:19 PM

"iPhone killer."
    "take note Apple."

Take note of that, Siri.
    I guess you haven't heard the news, yet. Siri had a nervous breakdown, and lapsed into a vegetative state, after seeing the video. Don't worry docs are treating her as we speak. Unfortunately, she is unable to eat solid foods, so she has been eating soft foods, mainly ice cream sandwhiches andre drinking lots of vanilla soda. Strangely, she is refusing to eat applesauce for some reason. They say she will like suffer some form of long term PST but she may recover. Although, she'll never recover 100%.
    mclarryjr likes this.
    11-01-2011 09:20 PM
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned too much in the Galaxy Nexus/ICS articles is the multi-tasking screen with a resemblance to webOS where you can scroll through your webpages/apps and flick them off. Maybe I missed the comments about this, and I know a major webOS developer has been involved with Honeycomb and ICS.

Coming from webOS, but still with an EVO 4G, this is one of the key elements that is attractive to me about the next version of Android. Any other info about this kind of easy use integration into this next version of Android?
    As far as I know, the same gesture can be done to clear out single notifications in the pull down and opened web pages in the browser. Not sure of anywhere else in the OS where that can be done, but I can imagine other apps taking advantage of more gesture control.
    11-01-2011 09:22 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD