11-03-2011 05:03 PM
66 123
tools
    I'm losing the battle guys, the other day I got so fed up with my Droid 1, that i went and ordered the 64GB iPhone 4S which is set to ship out on the 18th.

I can still cancel my order, but now I just found out that the Nexus may not launch until AFTER Black Friday.....

Help....I need.....to stick to my guns.....

I've been waiting for MONTHS. I've been sitting on my upgrade since February! Ugh....it's just a phone, but it's so stressful.....
    11-01-2011 04:24 PM
    I'm losing the battle guys, the other day I got so fed up with my Droid 1, that i went and ordered the 64GB iPhone 4S which is set to ship out on the 18th.

I can still cancel my order, but now I just found out that the Nexus may not launch until AFTER Black Friday.....

I've been waiting for MONTHS. I've been sitting on my upgrade since February! Ugh....it's just a phone, but it's so stressful.....
    The 4S is lame as hell and iOS is a glorified app launcher...fight the power. If you get it, you'll be bored with it and its 3.5" screen in less than a week.
    11-01-2011 04:26 PM
    You'll be sitting pretty with your iPhone girl while I can't even get a date.
    11-01-2011 04:31 PM
    Just think about how much you really want the Nexus. Its only one month more which isn't that long to be honest.
    11-01-2011 04:35 PM
    Ugh I know, but my Droid 1 is literally limping on its last leg!

I must fight it. Come on Droid 1, you can do it! Pleasee don't die on me <3

I can't believe Google would do this to us....why make us wait so long? What's the point of announcing it a month before?

btw, does anyone know if I can easily cancel my iPhone 4S order? Will they give me any trouble like not resetting my upgrade for a while, or not crediting back my account for a long time or something?
    11-01-2011 04:41 PM
    Although I will not be buying an apple product, verizon is quickly losing me as a potential customer. By the time the GN is released on Verizon I might as well wait another three or four weeks and get a phone with better hardware and ICS.
    FishPharm, Lazerz and lembowski like this.
    11-01-2011 04:46 PM

I just recently went to the dark side and purchased 2 iphone 4s 2 weeks ago.. the phones lasted less then 48 hours with me before I brought it to the closest verizon store and paid 70 dollars in restocking fees.

Let me tell you IMO why you should def cancel your order, right now.

1. as far as i'm concerned.. the call quality on iphones sucks bad.. comparing them side by side to my galaxy s phone it was like the difference between talking to someone on a 10 yr old pay as you go phone(the iphone) or talking to someone on a crystal clear land line. the iphone4s ear/voice speakers are just fuzzy and I couldnt stand it.. I wanted an upgrade.. not a downgrade.
    2. I dropped more calls in that very short time period then I have in a year.. I get great service on verizon and I make a routine call to my fiance on the way home from work, almost every day.. just to discuss the day etc.. and on the iphone day on the same road that ive never had a dropped call on (infact I cant remember ever having a dropped call anywhere other then these dropped calls) our phone call was interrupted 3 times with 3 dropped calls.
    3. My signal strength and 3g was actually worse then what I was getting with my galaxy S.
    4. Last but not least.. if you like the Android OS at all whatsoever.. be prepared for a horrible OS transition.. using the IOS(5) after coming from android feels like using a handcuffed Android.. so many simple things were not available.. I couldnt do half the things that Android does seamlessly and I thought apples biggest advantage was the software.. it isnt.. infact I have to assume at this point almost all Iphone users have never used android.. or they have and are just rabid fanboys that will ignore a better product simply for their fanboyism.

I didnt order iphones to be a skeptic.. I ordered them with excitement and all intentions of switching to IOS and being very happy with a solid phone and giving up some of the liberties that I had on Android for a more streamlined easier OS. I didnt order them to pay 70 dollars in restocking fees and deal with CS over some bs regarding my upgrade date not resetting after returning them.
    My point is I ordered them with good intentions.. they just suck so bad I couldnt keep them. Do yourself a favor.. never even think about an iphone again.

Ugh I know, but my Droid 1 is literally limping on its last leg!

I must fight it. Come on Droid 1, you can do it! Pleasee don't die on me <3

I can't believe Google would do this to us....why make us wait so long? What's the point of announcing it a month before?

btw, does anyone know if I can easily cancel my iPhone 4S order? Will they give me any trouble like not resetting my upgrade for a while, or not crediting back my account for a long time or something?
    If it hasnt shipped yet.. I.e. - backordered.. it should be a very simple process.. no restock fee. no worries. If your upgrade date doesnt reset simply call them up and explain the situation, they will fix it for you. And if they are backordered.. I have to assume they havent charged you yet because they charge at the time of shipping.
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.
    11-01-2011 05:30 PM
    Although I will not be buying an apple product, verizon is quickly losing me as a potential customer. By the time the GN is released on Verizon I might as well wait another three or four weeks and get a phone with better hardware and ICS.
    are you saying the Razr is getting its ICS update in 3-4 weeks? I figured it would take longer.
    11-01-2011 05:31 PM
    It WILL take longer for sure. Figure source code drops a week after the Nexus comes out. Then the OEM has to figure out what they're going to do with their skin since it's a totally different UI now. Then they have to test it and send it off to Verizon for it to be tested even more. Sorry but 3-4 weeks is a dream that will never come true.
    11-01-2011 05:41 PM
    It WILL take longer for sure. Figure source code drops a week after the Nexus comes out. Then the OEM has to figure out what they're going to do with their skin since it's a totally different UI now. Then they have to test it and send it off to Verizon for it to be tested even more. Sorry but 3-4 weeks is a dream that will never come true.
    I was just being a smartass
    sfbates likes this.
    11-01-2011 05:42 PM

Listen to this, you're saying the device i set to ship the 18th. The document that was shown tonight shows it being available the week of Black Friday. That's what, a week after? I mean is it really worth being stuck on that crappy phone for 2 years vs waiting one more week for a kick *** device? Just does not seem logical to me.
    iastonish likes this.
    11-01-2011 05:43 PM
    are you saying the Razr is getting its ICS update in 3-4 weeks? I figured it would take longer.
    What I am implying is that major phone manufacturers are already working on porting ICS to their hardware, and have been doing so since ICS SDK was released. I cannot say for sure when a non nexus device will have ICS, but January of 2012 is within the realm of possible.
    11-01-2011 05:52 PM
    If the Nexus doesn't come until Dec., I may just wait it out and see when the Galaxy Note hits US shores. 5.3 inch 720p looks gorgeous.
    11-01-2011 05:57 PM
    It actually might not take too long, I am sure that Motorola and other members of the OHA get early access to releases and since the internals of the razr are barely different from the nexus it should be a pretty quick port. It would be even faster if Moto decided to go ahead and ditch blur in preparation for the Google buyout, but even if they don't blur isn't as big of an overhaul as sense or touchwiz so it can't be too much work to port it over
    11-01-2011 06:14 PM
    Do you buy a new phone every year? Because if you plan on keeping it through a 2 year contract the Nexus makes more sense because it will get the upgrade to Jellybean within a few weeks of release. Thunderbolt users are just now getting the upgrade to GB and it will be loaded with Sense and VZ's bloatware..

And that's why I want a Nexus phone this time around.
    11-01-2011 06:51 PM
    To the OP, I understand it's hard being patient. As long as your Droid is functioning, I would wait, if you really want the GN. I made the same mistake with the Bionic. I was disappointed with the Iphone 4s and, couldn't wait for the GN. I hate waiting but, glad I returned the Bionic when I had the chance.
    11-01-2011 06:59 PM
    I suspect the ICS to Razr in a "few weeks", may be the same "few weeks" it took Moto to upgrade my Xoom to 4G. I can't be the only one thinking this...
    11-01-2011 07:34 PM
    I do have to say I hadn't thought of this. By the time the GN finally rolls out, who knows what rumors will be pointing to. I know there is always going to be a "next best thing", but it's disappointing.
    11-01-2011 07:39 PM
    The 4S being a 3G only device is reason enough to reconsider. Verizon's 3G is SLOW. And as another poster mentioned, the difference between the 18th and Black Friday is about a week. If you really want the nexus, just be patient.

Or you can ask Siri what the going rate of a 4S is on EBay and pick up a GNex full retail.
    11-01-2011 07:48 PM
    I suspect the ICS to Razr in a "few weeks", may be the same "few weeks" it took Moto to upgrade my Xoom to 4G. I can't be the only one thinking this...
    The Xoom fiasco was a completely botched up. But when it comes to software updates, Moto has been quicker than the others in getting them out the door on Verizon.
    11-01-2011 07:50 PM
    I think it will at minimum be six months before it gets upgraded.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    11-01-2011 07:54 PM
    It may have better hardware but, most-likely won't be pure ICS. That's why I'm not worried about other phones coming out, unless we know for sure that the manufacture's UI won't cover up ICS.

That may not matter to some but, it's a big deal to me. When I had the Bionic you couldn't even tell it had Gingerbread installed, unless you looked at the settings. Virtually everything I liked about Gingerbread was wiped out by Motoblur.
    11-01-2011 08:00 PM
    It may have better hardware but, most-likely won't be pure ICS. That's why I'm not worried about other phones coming out, unless we know for sure that the manufacture's UI won't cover up ICS.

That may not matter to some but, it's a big deal to me. When I had the Bionic you couldn't even tell it had Gingerbread installed, unless you looked at the settings. Virtually everything I liked about Gingerbread was wiped out by Motoblur.
    Precisely my thoughts. That's the one thing I've noticed about all the OEMs releasing Gingerbread versions for phones. Practically nothing about the OS seemed to change, they just touted new things like the Downloads manager and other stuff. Pretty much takes away from the significance of a version change in my mind.
    11-01-2011 08:11 PM
    I think it's worth getting a Nexus than waiting for a better phone. Think about it, no matter what, these newer phones coming out will have Bloat and have a skin on top of it. They also will likely ship with Gingerbread. meaning the update they get will give them ICS. It's a slim chance they get Jelly bean that's coming out next year. And if they do, it porbably won't be until 2013 since the next Nexus will probably come out next fall/winter. Meanwhile this Nexus will get ICS and jellybean once it's released and maybe even the next OS after that. The nexus is a better longterm phone compared to these other devices coming out. And remember, the Nexus is using all next gen hardware. These quad core phones will be using 1st gen and have to go through the initial trials of getting things right. Battery, OS compatibility etc. And the Nexus will definitely hold it's own. Nothing is better than stock android. waiting for these super phones will be a waste imo.
    11-01-2011 08:42 PM
    can't believe how few people mention the buttons as a feature. huge opportunity having a custom space for buttons. NEXUS all the way
    11-01-2011 08:48 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD