Don't get me wrong I am more the ready for this phone, I'm coming from a freaking BB Storm 2 and it is hard to wait. But as the rumors are now we are looking at a release of about two weeks after the RAZR and Rezound and a week after the GN in the UK. So how can that be good? Well if like myself you really want this phone that should give you tons of reviews, hands on videos, learn about the radio, GPS, camera and on and on about all 3 phones. Some of you may not care and just want this phone no matter how the others perform, but know what you are getting before you get it can't be a bad thing can it?

I do hope it is out before Black Friday, but if not I will take advantage and learn more about the top 3 phones on Verizon.
    philly, f150fan and sprunka like this.
    11-01-2011 05:31 PM
    some wouldnt be swayed by anything.. but you are right.. for example the rezound and razr could get rock solid reviews and change a few peoples mind.
    11-01-2011 05:33 PM
    Yes, I feel this later release is bad. The closer the release gets to Christmas the harder it will be for people to get this phone in a timely manner. There will also be more people ready to upgrade their devices because there will be more people eligible for upgrades. So, yes, this is a horrible thought out plan. Verizon, surprisingly, is dictating when ICS will be released and Google is just standing by not saying a word. My guess is Apple is getting a real good laugh at all this....I sure would be.
    11-01-2011 05:39 PM
    I disagree, a Black Friday launch would mean more people spending their money on a lot more then just phones, plus Verizon pushing the RAZR for 2 solid weeks if somebody was buying a phone as a gift that would he what they where going for. Forums are for die hard fans and we don't make up the majority of smart phone users in the market, so I really don't see there being a shortage of the GN on release date. Of course we could all be freaking wrong LOL
    11-01-2011 05:49 PM
    I see where your coming from tx_tuff but since this phone is the first with ICS and a lot of people (not just fans) know about it then I definitely see a possible problem with supply getting so close to Christmas. A lot of people were disappointed in the iphone but they had a record number of sales. I would agree with you more if there were other ICS phones out and this was just the vanilla one coming later but its not. I sure hope I'm wrong though but I don't feel I am because I've talked with several Verizon stores around me and everyone I talked to said this is the phone everyone wants. They are getting calls left and right. Google should just go ahead and let other manufacturers put ICS in these newer phones coming out before Christmas instead of letting Verizon dictate when ICS is released.
    11-01-2011 06:00 PM
    Yes, I feel this later release is bad. The closer the release gets to Christmas the harder it will be for people to get this phone in a timely manner. There will also be more people ready to upgrade their devices because there will be more people eligible for upgrades. So, yes, this is a horrible thought out plan. Verizon, surprisingly, is dictating when ICS will be released and Google is just standing by not saying a word. My guess is Apple is getting a real good laugh at all this....I sure would be.
    That's an assumption. Unless of course you are related to matter....
    11-01-2011 06:01 PM
    That's an assumption. Unless of course you are related to matter....
    I think we are all assuming a lot here man..lol...
    11-01-2011 06:04 PM
    hell yeah it would be bad
    11-01-2011 06:11 PM
    My phone is pretty much done for, so the sooner the better. I can't activate an old phone because that would screw me out of my unlimited data plan.
    11-01-2011 06:48 PM
    My phone is pretty much done for, so the sooner the better. I can't activate an old phone because that would screw me out of my unlimited data plan.
    Yeah im in the same boat. My Droid 1 runs ok, but it could go at any time. The touchscreen has been acting up at times ever since my last reload so im hoping it holds out a few more weeks.

Its time to replace, and it cant get here soon enough...
    11-01-2011 07:07 PM
    I don't think it will be all that bad. I'm really liking the razr but I need to see reviews first. The battery is a big deal for me and so is the camera. I have a hard time believing its going to be a quantum leap from the bionic. So I'll need thorough reviews first.

Fact is I'm WAY to hard on a phone to use a Samsung device (not saying the GN won't be durable but lets face it Motorola's are generally tough while Samsung are more fragile).

However if the razr comes out and the battery sucks or the camera is terrible etc etc then I'll just wait for the GN. But a delay in the release won't kill me.
    11-01-2011 07:08 PM

I do hope it is out before Black Friday, but if not I will take advantage and learn more about the top 3 phones on Verizon.
    That is exactly how I feel, even though my Incredible is hanging by a thread!
    11-01-2011 07:18 PM
    i do not think this is true!

i had to send in my OG for warranty service, so i called verizon to switch to a flip phone, they made a note on my account and reactivated my unlimited when I got my OG back

it is worth a try if you are having issues
    11-01-2011 07:29 PM
    <snip>.....
    Google should just go ahead and let other manufacturers put ICS in these newer phones coming out before Christmas instead of letting Verizon dictate when ICS is released.
    The source will be released on the 17th (when the unlocked version ships in Europe). Phones with ICS can be released immediately after.
    11-01-2011 07:34 PM
    The source will be released on the 17th (when the unlocked version ships in Europe). Phones with ICS can be released immediately after.
    Will it be released the 17th? I remember Google saying it would hit AOSP a couple weeks after it ships.
    11-01-2011 08:09 PM
    I remember Google saying it would hit AOSP a couple weeks after it ships.
    ...and then didn't VZW say it would be 6 weeks for them to have *a timetable* for ICS rollout to other Droids?

What are ya doing for Valentines Day?
    11-01-2011 08:15 PM
    I believe it was Motorola who made the six weeks reference.
    11-01-2011 08:34 PM
    Will it be released the 17th? I remember Google saying it would hit AOSP a couple weeks after it ships.
    If we follow past trends, then it'll probably be a week or two before source is released. Although Google Engineer Dan Morrill has said "We plan to release the source for the recently-announced Ice Cream Sandwich soon, once its available on devices. That seems to me to indicate release of source on the day the Nexus is available.
    11-01-2011 09:10 PM
    It seems that Verizon, Google and Samsung like to use the word "soon." The word "soon" to me is not 30+ days....
    sprunka likes this.
    11-01-2011 09:16 PM
    I know for sure I want GN. Early ICS hands-on, Vanilla phone etc etc. So a later release date IS very very bad. It is like putting you in prison for 20 years, and when you are almost there, you are told, well, "we don't want to release too many ex-cons at the same time to the society, you need to wait another year, or indefinitely."
    FishPharm likes this.
    11-01-2011 09:17 PM
    Source comes "immediately after" the phone, and ICS pushes to the unlocked Nexus S "a few weeks after". The few carrier locked Nexus S phones will probably follow very shortly.
    11-01-2011 10:34 PM
    This date is perfect for Verizon they get to sell there locked bloated gimmick phone and release there awesome superphone just after its to late for them to return that crap.My suggestion is if you must get the Razr get it two days after launch so when you come to your senses you still have time to move over to JC's phone!
    11-01-2011 11:13 PM
    Source comes "immediately after" the phone, and ICS pushes to the unlocked Nexus S "a few weeks after". The few carrier locked Nexus S phones will probably follow very shortly.
    There's my confusion...
    Good to know. Thanks
    11-01-2011 11:27 PM
    3 Things

!. Im not worried about the release. Panda hasn't said theres any problems so im going to just be patient as it will be well worth it.

2.TUCK THE FEXANS!

3. GO TITANS!! lol
    tx_tuff likes this.
    11-01-2011 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD