It's pretty funny seeing everyone getting worked up about the release date. Even if the release date is still a month away it is ONLY a month which in the large scheme of things is not even a pimple on the a$$ of a gnat.

The first fact of the matter is that getting this device will not change your life in any manner that warrants this hysteria. You'll make phone calls, send text messages, and go on about your life. In fact it won't do anything different than your current phone, albeit with "new" animations. It's not going to make you cookies and it's not going to preform "favors" for you. If your life sucked before this device, it's still going to still suck after it comes out.

The second fact is that a month after actually getting it, you'll be reading about the next latest and greatest, possibly drooling over the new Tegra 3 devices that will be out soon. Face it, part of the "fun" is the anticipation of something new. Once you get it, the "joy" or elation from owning it is a downhill affair. Humans have a tendency to want what they cannot or do not have. Give a guy the hottest girl in the world and the next week he'll be looking at other women, guaranteed.

Don't reduce your life to "waiting for a phone to come out". It seem so petty, so meaningless, such a waste of living, especially considering that a new phone will ALWAYS come out with better specs, a newer OS, or whatever. Find something meaningful to occupy your time so you don't go crazy when your anticipated device gets delayed. That delay won't define the next month for me, it just simply means that I don't have to spend my money for another month or so and who knows what will happen in that time frame.

That being said, Verizon, hurry up and take my monies.
    qnet and philly like this.
    11-02-2011 12:20 PM
    Says the guy who just wrote a four paragraph 400 word essay.
    11-02-2011 12:25 PM
    Hi, my name is AG and Im a Galaxy Nexus release-date-rumors-until-its-actually-released-because-I-want-it-real-bad addict.
    hyperdude and FishPharm like this.
    11-02-2011 12:40 PM
    Delay gives me more time to save up. $300 is a lot of money for anybody that doesn't have a disposable income.
    tx_tuff likes this.
    11-02-2011 01:33 PM
    In fact it won't do anything different than your current phone, albeit with "new" animations.
    I'm not sweating it, have waited longer for better things, but I'm coming from a BB Storm, so that statement is just false!
    11-02-2011 01:42 PM
    Delay gives me more time to save up. $300 is a lot of money for anybody that doesn't have a disposable income.
    I wouldn't say that. I am quite proficient at disposing of my income. Mortgage, credit cards, life, etc... LOL

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    11-02-2011 01:52 PM
    I was hoping to have a Nexus to play with in the deer stand this year. But that ain't looking very likely. So, my trusty OG Droid will have to accompany me and my M1 Garand. I'll have my sights on something other than the Nexus for a while, so to speak.
    11-02-2011 01:53 PM
    If your life sucked before this device, it's still going to still suck after it comes out.
    My life will be totally awesome after this device gets here!

11-02-2011 02:18 PM
    Lies. This device will give you instant chest hair and make you rich. O_o
    11-02-2011 03:25 PM
    Very few of us have a disposable income :-)
    In fact after Obama and Cuomo and Bloomberg get done with me, what is left is not very disposable.

David
    sportcourt7 and FishPharm like this.
    11-02-2011 03:33 PM
    Please don't come on here trying to make the people who are wanting the phone and post about it look pathetic. You just wrote an essay crying about how OTHER people feel. Get real, if we want the phone and want to post about it so be it. Nobody is hurting you, if YOU choose to worry about other things then that's YOUR choice. Nuff said..........
    11-02-2011 03:41 PM
    Very few of us have a disposable income :-)
    In fact after Obama and Cuomo and Bloomberg get done with me, what is left is not very disposable.

David
    Stop complaining about your allowance. LOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    11-02-2011 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD