So I'm sure most of you have seen the "I want an iPhone 4" video that went viral last year.

If you haven't, it's here:

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because I had essentially the same conversation with one of my supposedly tech savvy coworkers today.

I'll give you the summary. It made me laugh. It helps if you imagine his responses in a thick middle eastern accent.

I was telling him about all the things I can do on my phone that he can't: widgets, themes, specific apps like Tasker, etc. and he responds "iPhone is better". Why is it better? "Because it is iPhone".

Then I told him he didn't seem to know very much about Android. I asked him why he doesn't like Android. He says "Because it is Android". I told him he's a lemming.

At this point one of my other coworkers who had overheard the conversation walks over, calls him a moron, and walks away.

Anywho, just thought I'd share that. Carry on.
    Mooem, DolfanCole, Stang68 and 4 others like this.
    11-02-2011 01:50 PM
    Hahaha I like the story. I go through discussions with people like that almost everyday. I overheard a Guy say, " if your getting a new phone you have to get an iPhone, its not even a choice. The other phones can't compare" I was like wtf haha and walked away amused.
    11-02-2011 01:59 PM
    Hahaha I like the story. I go through discussions with people like that almost everyday. I overheard a Guy say, " if your getting a new phone you have to get an iPhone, its not even a choice. The other phones can't compare" I was like wtf haha and walked away amused.
    I typically find when someone says "such and such can't compare" really means they haven't even used the other product to compare it to...

Depressingly hilarious.
    11-02-2011 02:17 PM
    Yea I don't get it...in my impatience and the fact that I prefer to at&t because they have the stronger network in my location I went to best buy a few days ago and got a nexus s for free...but I had to wait in line for 20 minutes to be helped by the cell phone guys because there was all of these brain dead people getting iPhones...the Guy who was setting my plan and stuff up was an android fan and he said wow your the first smart person to come in all day...

I have nothing against apple in fact I prefer Macs over PC's any day of the week but iPhones and their brain dead followers seem to get under my skin.

D.J.
    11-02-2011 02:22 PM
    Just to be clear, I'm not an iOS hater. I just prefer Android. I have an iPad 2, which I do like, but I definitely prefer the little green dude. The app selection on Android tablets just doesn't touch iOS yet. Once it does, I'll switch.

The iLemmings drive me crazy, though
    11-02-2011 02:35 PM
    Something I just found, shouldn't of canceled my pre-order of RAZR. lol. I can wait.

Galaxy Nexus Delayed to Late November - Forbes
    11-02-2011 03:15 PM
    As said in the other threads, that's their advertising plans. Not necessarily when the device will be released. They could release it tomorrow and just wait til black friday to start pushing it for all we know (unlikely). Think I'm going with Dec 1st for release though just because that's my Mom's birthday. lol
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.
    11-02-2011 03:23 PM
    Something I just found, shouldn't of canceled my pre-order of RAZR. lol. I can wait.

They are just playing the guessing game based on that leaked advertising roadmap, same as the rest of us.

I wouldn't really put too much credence in anything anyone says right now about the release date. Doesn't seem like anyone has any answers right now.

Hell, Verizon might not even know when they want to release the damn phone yet.
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    11-02-2011 03:25 PM
    I was one of those lemmings for the past few years. I never even used an Android phone, but kept my stance that iPhone was better. Why? Because, it's an iPhone. The only good thing about the iPhone compared to Andorid that I can tell now having used it, is that iPhones don't seem to crash as often. And their UI is/was more unified. It just got stale after 5 releases with the same exact OS. And has yet to become customizable or more exciting in any way.

I love the way the SG2 looks and responds compared to my tiny iPhone, and I can only imagine how amazing the GNex will be with Pure ICS. I haven't been this excited for any tech device in almost a decade!
    11-02-2011 03:25 PM

That's not new. It's based on the marketing sheet that was leaked yesterday.
    11-02-2011 03:26 PM
    I was one of those lemmings for the past few years. I never even used an Android phone, but kept my stance that iPhone was better. Why? Because, it's an iPhone. The only good thing about the iPhone compared to Andorid that I can tell now having used it, is that iPhones don't seem to crash as often. And their UI is/was more unified. It just got stale after 5 releases with the same exact OS. And has yet to become customizable or more exciting in any way.

I love the way the SG2 looks and responds compared to my tiny iPhone, and I can only imagine how amazing the GNex will be with Pure ICS. I haven't been this excited for any tech device in almost a decade!
    That's not true one bit. IOS crashes just as much as Android, you just don't get the force close prompt because they try to hide it.
    11-02-2011 03:30 PM
    Well then that's another thing I didn't know. They must hide it very well then. That in and of itself is quite nice, though. But no matter. I am determined to switch to the GNex anyway.
    11-02-2011 03:32 PM
    That's not new. It's based on the marketing sheet that was leaked yesterday.
    Didn't say it was new, just what I found posted on Google Technology News less than an hour ago. Next time I'll start a new thread instead to really get flamed.
    StefanYFC likes this.
    11-02-2011 03:47 PM
    I don't think it's right to call people brain dead because they like the Iphone. I love android like everyone here but, the Iphone is simple for people to operate and understand.

There are things I like about the Iphone that some of you probably don't care about and, there are things you like about Android that I could care less about. To be honest, a lot of stuff you guys mention on here, that you like about the GN, the the average consumer knows nothing about, such as a locked bootloader.
    11-02-2011 03:50 PM
    someone I know got an iphone 4s. They said to me "Android has nothing that even compares to icloud"

I opened my mouth to respond, but no words came out, so I just walked away.
    11-03-2011 02:37 AM
    someone I know got an iphone 4s. They said to me "Android has nothing that even compares to icloud"

I opened my mouth to respond, but no words came out, so I just walked away.
    I would have asked to see it and turned off Cellular Data.

Then I would have tossed it back them to and said:

"Huh. Seems broken" and then walked away.
    11-03-2011 03:12 AM
    That's not true one bit. IOS crashes just as much as Android, you just don't get the force close prompt because they try to hide it.
    This. I have more problems with apps force closing on my iPad than on my OG Incredible.
    11-03-2011 08:32 AM
    Reading the Jobs biography (which is quite good IMO) provides some nice clarity on the iPhone philosophy. One thread that seems to run througout the book demonstrated by this passage:

'He embraced minimalism, which cam from the Zen devotion to simplicity........'

For those of us that owns both OSs, this comes through loud and clear. And at risk of stating the obvious, many more android owners have tried iOS (through iPad, iTouch). No one I know (and I know many iPhone owners) has a clue about the functionality of Android.
    11-03-2011 08:43 AM
    I thought this thread was "A Laugh at those Impatiently Waiting for the Nexus"! I was all in on that!! LOL

Anyway, I'm here to say (in jest) that webOS is better! Yeah, I know, I know...lack of apps, not quite finished, crappy hardware etc, etc. True, true...but it's still better! LOL

(But let's not argue about that here. Seriously, there is no reason to argue about it. I think if the phone fits your needs, use it. It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.)

That said, I'm patiently awaiting the Galaxy Nexus because of ICS. My Palm Pre Plus is getting old. (It was almost outdated the day it came out! LOL) I don't really like Android on my wife's Fascinate and was planning on riding the webOS thing out, but ICS has me rethinking that plan. webOS will always have a place in my heart, but the writing is on the wall and it reads ICS.
    11-03-2011 09:08 AM
    I tried so hard to like an iPhone 4 and ios 4 but it was so boring and useless. Every time I reached for it I was disappointed when remembered it was an iPhone. Took good pictures but that's about the only thing I liked about it.

When I bought my Xoom a kid at best buy (employee) called it an I pad wannabe. I told him "Man, I hope not. Ipads are obviously for the completely computer illiterate that why I just returned mine up front to get this". I hadn't actually returned an ipad but the wannabe comment got under my skin. My gf has an iPad 2 and that is the reason I got the Xoom.

They are just app playing devices which is fine but I want something more of a computer multimedia device...
    11-03-2011 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD