11-06-2011 09:03 AM
155 1234 ...
tools
    Not direct enough. Too passive. They will have them in stock by next week for sure, so it's up to them when to sell them. If we tell them an actual date of 11/10, it will get the point across more effectively. We don't just want any release date, or they'll give us Dec 1st or something. We demand 11/10.

I agree about keeping it clean. We need to keep it clean or else they won't listen, but that doesn't mean we have to be passive either.
    Absolutely feel free to add any details to the tweet that you would like. But I really do think that we should all have the same tag at the end that way they can see how many people are wanting this information. I know for a fact that Verizon knows there's a lot of people interested in the device. The lady that announced the release via Twitter told me that she and her workers could not believe the amount of tweets they were getting before the announcement about the device. So they without a doubt know that we were getting restless and a lot of people are interested in it. Now I'm not saying that's the reason they announced it, but maybe it is time to start up tweets and things of that nature again. But like I said before we without a doubt need to keep it clean/mature but also be stern about it.
    11-02-2011 11:07 PM
    lmao I hope not. I just wan to let verizon know that the GN will sell and they need to release it ASAP. If they do raise the price... That would suck
    LOL This is the absolute last thing you need to worry about.
    11-02-2011 11:09 PM
    I am in. Already started tonight. Verizon needs to get this phone out. Or I will definitely just buy it unlocked and use it on AT&T.
    Dumbest thing I ever heard!!!! So you will wait longer to buy it unlocked to use on ATT????
    11-02-2011 11:10 PM
    Hmmm you guys make good points. I tweeted tonight as well. My tweet said
    @Verizon what is up with the delay of the Galaxy Nexus?? Give me my phone and take my money already.

I like the idea of a mass tweet... maybe
    @Verizon I want the Galaxy Nexus. Release date? Price?

What do you guys think?
    I would like for someone to please explain to me how this phone is delayed. I would like for you to tell me what the original launch date was, and what date it has been delayed too. Also Verizon issued a statement telling everyone the phone will be released sometime in November, it's now the 3rd of November so how is it delayed exactly? I think it's funny that you think making demands to Verizon would actually make them tell you anything. If I told you what else I thought I would get banned.
    11-02-2011 11:14 PM
    Wow nice job guys, seeing tons of the tweets going through. If anyone is also on other boards please spread the word to tweet Verizon. A 11/10 release date announced tomorrow would make my month!

Tweet tweet
    11-02-2011 11:16 PM
    Good job everyone! Keep it up!

Invade VZW's Facebook as well.
    11-02-2011 11:25 PM
    Twitter

Lolz^^

AF folks notified.
    11-02-2011 11:39 PM
    I to agree a date was never told for them to be delaying it. Only times I heard were end of year and November. It just turned 11/3 here so I wouldn't worry to much. Now if it was 12/3 I could see us getting upset. I want it yesterday too but they never gave me a date that I can say they missed and its delayed. I'm all for the tweet for a date cause I would like to know what day to take off work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    humpagardengnome likes this.
    11-02-2011 11:50 PM
    This is hilarious. I hope they actually respond to it.
    11-02-2011 11:58 PM
    For me, personally, I find it absurd that Verizon has yet to give us a solid release date yet. Especially since the UK was able to nab one.

If anything, it'll let them know that the times we live in and Marketing in general have changed dramatically. Especially within the past year alone. There are no more secrets thanks to things like WikiLeaks and Anonymous and the like. We know that they are trying to push out the release date as far as possible purely for marketing reasons now. And we should be able to voice our opinion about that.

Tweet on...
    kvlt and Vanilla Ice like this.
    11-02-2011 11:59 PM
    Getting to be 1 tweet/minute at this point. Looks like Android enthusiasts all need a date.
    Lazerz likes this.
    11-03-2011 12:14 AM
    I would like for someone to please explain to me how this phone is delayed. I would like for you to tell me what the original launch date was, and what date it has been delayed too. Also Verizon issued a statement telling everyone the phone will be released sometime in November, it's now the 3rd of November so how is it delayed exactly? I think it's funny that you think making demands to Verizon would actually make them tell you anything. If I told you what else I thought I would get banned.
    LOL nerd rage is funny sometimes...... umadbro?
    11-03-2011 12:45 AM
    I to agree a date was never told for them to be delaying it. Only times I heard were end of year and November. It just turned 11/3 here so I wouldn't worry to much. Now if it was 12/3 I could see us getting upset. I want it yesterday too but they never gave me a date that I can say they missed and its delayed. I'm all for the tweet for a date cause I would like to know what day to take off work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    All we want is a solid date. Well at least that's all I personally want. I know there has not been a date for them to delay. Only Verizon would announce a phone and give us a time frame of "later this year". Once Verizon gives us a date to look forward to I am pretty sure everybody will chill out.

By the way guys, tweeting at this time of night (it's currently almost 2:00 AM here) will not really do much. Tweets need to be fired off during business hours. That's when they will be most effect if this will be effective at all.
    11-03-2011 12:47 AM
    Make sure to also tweet @vzwsupport @vzwnews as they are always tweeting!
    Lazerz likes this.
    11-03-2011 12:49 AM
    I gotta admit, this is rather amusing. It's like the forum turned into an ant colony. There's all these little red droid ants running around in every direction, doing little tasks, here and there, helping each other out. Nice efforts, hopefully, it entices them to inform is what date, "later this year", is scheduled to land on.
    Vanilla Ice, Mac58 and Lazerz like this.
    11-03-2011 02:40 AM
    When I started this thread I never stated that they have 'delayed' anything. I just stated that I wanted a Galaxy Nexus. I was getting bored and was looking into things that we as a android community could do o make time pass a little faster. This is no attempt to FORCE verizon to do anything. Just letting them know that I am waiting for the device. Sorry if you took this the wrong way
    11-03-2011 06:18 AM
    Way to guys! Lets keep it up! This is turning out to be a lot funner than I thought lol
    11-03-2011 06:22 AM
    Also, yes lets get these in during business hours if you can, because I think it will make them notice a bit more...
    I wonder what the rep who logs onto verizons twitter is going to think when they log on this morning...

"Hmmmm 1,000,000 mentions!!!! WTF???? EVeryone tweeting about this damn Galaxy Nexus. "

LOL
    11-03-2011 06:25 AM
    I agree there's no official delay but there's certain to be internal delays not disclosed to the public. It happens all the time in in this industry. It's one of the major reasons why tech companies never like giving out release dates to the public until they are close to finishing and are 99% certain. If they turn out to be wrong then it's bad PR.

That being said, I'm still tweeting out to Verizon for a release date. Hey, you never know until you try...
    11-03-2011 07:00 AM
    I feel bad for the HTC Rezound. It's like the fat girl third wheel or the red-headed stepchild of the 3 releases. You want to really make a stand? Let's show up at the announcement with tshirts of the Nexus that depicts the phone and a 11/??/2011 line underneath it. Maybe throw in one of those cool-dude twitter hashtag things like #areuseriousbro?
    11-03-2011 07:08 AM
    I feel bad for the HTC Rezound. It's like the fat girl third wheel or the red-headed stepchild of the 3 releases.
    Appropriate, based on battery rumors.....

Disclaimer : fat-bottom girls make the rocking world go round
    11-03-2011 07:13 AM
    I feel bad for the HTC Rezound. It's like the fat girl third wheel or the red-headed stepchild of the 3 releases. You want to really make a stand? Let's show up at the announcement with tshirts of the Nexus that depicts the phone and a 11/??/2011 line underneath it. Maybe throw in one of those cool-dude twitter hashtag things like #areuseriousbro?
    This made me LOL..... good stuff
    11-03-2011 07:22 AM
    Also, yes lets get these in during business hours if you can, because I think it will make them notice a bit more...
    I wonder what the rep who logs onto verizons twitter is going to think when they log on this morning...

"Hmmmm 1,000,000 mentions!!!! WTF???? EVeryone tweeting about this damn Galaxy Nexus. "

LOL
    They day before the official announcement, there was about 100 tweets a hour all from different people mostly if you used the search criteria @verizonwireless galaxy nexus. Of course 75% of them were talking about how they would leave VZW if the Nexus did not get released this time around. Those are the types of numbers you're going to want here to be noticed.

Yeah the Razr and Rezound do not stand a snow balls chance in hell against this device..........
    11-03-2011 07:25 AM
    I hope they shock us and release the Rezound with 2gb of RAM and a quad core processor so I can watch the Nexus-haters have a specgasm, only to realize (with our help) that it's still gingerbread and Sense and it can't utilize said specs for s--t.

But then they'll reveal it has Corning Unicorn Glass and they'll buy it anyways.
    11-03-2011 07:34 AM
    They day before the official announcement, there was about 100 tweets a hour all from different people mostly if you used the search criteria @verizonwireless galaxy nexus. Of course 75% of them were talking about how they would leave VZW if the Nexus did not get released this time around. Those are the types of numbers you're going to want here to be noticed.

Yeah the Razr and Rezound do not stand a snow balls chance in hell against this device..........
    I think the Razr will do pretty well, but the Rezound may actually flop and I think Verizon has a feeling of this also, that's probably why they want to get it out first. Did anyone notice on the marketing chart that they only gave the Rezound 2 weeks of advertising whereas the Razr and Galaxy Nexus are being pushed through the holidays?

By no means do I think the Rezound will be a bad phone, but HTC really messed up by not having something major to differentiate itself. I mean it's a Thunderbolt with a dual-core. With the Razr being super thin and the Nexus being thin, with a huge screen and ICS, the Rezound really has nothing going for it. I love my Thunderbolt, but I'm tired of a bulky phone and the Rezound is just as thick as the Thunderbolt.
    11-03-2011 07:54 AM
155 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD