11-06-2011 09:03 AM
155 12345 ...
tools
    Seriously? I mean really?

Wow.
    11-03-2011 08:00 AM
    I mean it's a Thunderbolt with a dual-core. With the Razr being super thin and the Nexus being thin, with a huge screen and ICS, the Rezound really has nothing going for it. I love my Thunderbolt, but I'm tired of a bulky phone and the Rezound is just as thick as the Thunderbolt.
    I hear you but, I don't necessarily have to have the thinnest phone. That's one thing I wish they would stop harping on with these devices but, I suppose it's what the consumers want. Whenever I watch a reviewer compare the thinness of a phone to others, it slightly annoys me because, there are other things I want to know about the phone.

Until technology advances more, it seems like when manufactures focus so much on how thin they make a device, they sacrifice other things.
    11-03-2011 08:05 AM
    this is pretty sad, IMO.

onto a better topic. xoom2!
    11-03-2011 08:10 AM
    I hear you but, I don't necessarily have to have the thinnest phone. That's one thing I wish they would stop harping on with these devices but, I suppose it's what the consumers want. Whenever I watch a reviewer compare the thinness of a phone to others, it slightly annoys me because, there are other things I want to know about the phone.

Until technology advances more, it seems like when manufactures focus so much on how thin they make a device, they sacrifice other things.
    I never said that was the main thing I was concerned about. I mean if it was really that big of a deal to me then I would probably have gotten the Razr. The LTE Galaxy Nexus will probably be 9.5mm thick instead of the 8.9mm of the GSM version which is perfectly fine with me. My Thunderbolt is 14mm thick so anything under 12mm will seem thin to me.

Mainly it's just the overall bulk of the phone. Everyone may complain about the cheapy feel of Samsung phones, but I don't need a phone to be built like a tank or as heavy as a brick. I never drop my phone, so I don't need to worry about it breaking. My wife on the other hand has dropped her Revolution at least once or twice a month since she got it and it still looks brand new.
    11-03-2011 08:14 AM
    Join Verizon’s FREE Live Q&A session for Android today at 11 AM ET. Register now at http://pub.vitrue.com/O9V.

i say we join this Q&A and just ask about the Nexus release date
    Mac58 likes this.
    11-03-2011 08:44 AM
    Join Verizons FREE Live Q&A session for Android today at 11 AM ET. Register now at http://pub.vitrue.com/O9V.

i say we join this Q&A and just ask about the Nexus release date
    I just registered.
    11-03-2011 09:03 AM
    Ah, why not. I'll partake. Should be interesting.
    11-03-2011 09:17 AM
    Looks like @VZWSupport is starting to reply back to tweets. Of course, they're just spouting off the standard... "We do not have a release date at this time. Sign up at..."

Well of course you have no release date at this time, I'm asking for one!
    11-03-2011 09:25 AM
    Tweet on.

Don't let the haters get you down.
    11-03-2011 09:26 AM
    Looks like @VZWSupport is starting to reply back to tweets. Of course, they're just spouting off the standard... "We do not have a release date at this time. Sign up at..."

Well of course you have no release date at this time, I'm asking for one!

That is why I hate the idea of the whole "Galaxy nexus release date?' tweet. It's pointless and pasive. And that is the exact answer I would expect.

We need to tweet something more like this: "Give us the GNex release date today - or else we #occupyvzwstores"
    11-03-2011 09:29 AM
    Just signed up for the chat session. "Questions will be selected by the moderator" sounds a little iffy but maybe if we rain the question on them en mass, they will at least aknowledge it somehow or another.
    11-03-2011 09:31 AM
    That is why I hate the idea of the whole "Galaxy nexus release date?' tweet. It's pointless and pasive. And that is the exact answer I would expect.

We need to tweet something more like this: "Give us the GNex release date today - or else we #occupyvzwstores"
    *Wishful thinking alert*
    Well even so it could still potentially accomplish something in effect. If they constantly keep seeing tweets asking for the release date, they could escalate it up to the higher ups who might throw us some sort of bone.
    11-03-2011 09:42 AM
    The chat session is now accepting questions.
    kjsmommy10 likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:48 AM
    *Wishful thinking alert*
    Well even so it could still potentially accomplish something in effect. If they constantly keep seeing tweets asking for the release date, they could escalate it up to the higher ups who might throw us some sort of bone.
    Yeah, this whole thing is definitey wishful thinking, but I hoping they throw us a bone for it.

I am in the process of writing an e-mail to the Executive VP right now. He will most likely delete it before reading it though. Oh well...

Nothing changes if nothing changes.
    11-03-2011 09:53 AM
    There have been two questions about the Nexus accepted so far and they're only about preordering/launch date information.

Both answers have stated something along the lines of "There is no release date at this time."

Woo.

Also:

"Will the Nexus be free from Motoblur??"

That made my day a little bit brighter.

Another addition:

"Will the Galaxy Nexus be out by the end of November?"

Keep checking verizonwireless.com. As soon as it is confirmed the information will be posted first on our website.

So again, this chat is recognizing those who ask about the Nexus, but isn't providing any more information than we already knew. As expected.
    11-03-2011 10:08 AM
    This is why this matter needs to not only be reached further up the chain of command, but we also need to continue to "invade" everything like we are. Disrupting the company's day-to-day operations may be the only thing that will make the execs take notice.
    11-03-2011 10:16 AM
    I'm shocked that so far they actually aknowledged every question I've posed. Just not with an answer that tells me anything but that was to be expected of course.
    11-03-2011 10:16 AM
    I've always noticed that VZW has been quick to respond to any and all questions thrown at them over the years. It's because they have a stock answer ready to spew at us. I am getting tired of it.

Things are going to get interesting by tomorrow....
    11-03-2011 10:25 AM
    Occupy Verizon, I like it!

Brings a mental image of tattooed nerds invading a VZW store with sleeping bags and mobile wi-fi hotspots...

Me, I'm patient. Hell, I've been sitting on a loyalty discount for almost 4 months, I can wait a few more weeks...
    11-03-2011 10:30 AM
    "I'm thinking of cancelling my line and ordering the Galaxy Nexus unlocked to work on ATT. Do you think that is a good idea?"

LMFAO. That was classic.
    Mac58 and jokeefe10 like this.
    11-03-2011 10:31 AM
    "I'm thinking of cancelling my line and ordering the Galaxy Nexus unlocked to work on ATT. Do you think that is a good idea?"

LMFAO. That was classic.

LOL that was me, i'm shocked he actually answered it LOL
    iowabowtech likes this.
    11-03-2011 10:33 AM
    My question was just answered and yeah, its the same stock answer, sadly
    11-03-2011 10:37 AM
    We must continue the fight! Only day one, plus maybe this played a role in the possible verizon leak?
    http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy...-well#comments

Probably not but hey theres always a maybe :-)
    11-03-2011 10:37 AM
    Its interesting though that the " I'm thinking if switching carriers" question was answered with "I do think the LTE Nexus on our network will be awesome!" though.....
    Lazerz and jokeefe10 like this.
    11-03-2011 10:42 AM
    LOL I have asked three question and they have answered them all
    I asked how thin
    Pricing
    and availability
    I wanna see if they answer my last one though... I found it funny lol
    11-03-2011 10:47 AM
155 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD