Operation: Tweet @verizon

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Im not the first to suggest it, but I figured I would start a thread for any and everyone who wants the GN to use their freedom of internet speech by tweeting @verizon to release the phone... may not do anything, but doesnt hurt to try and helps the days go by a little faster...lol

So post on this thread if you plan to tweet verizon everyday until they release the Galaxy Nexus!

p.s.... dont judge me lol

Reactions: Lazerz

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind as long as people keep it clean. We should all send tweets at the same time at the same hour to: @verizonwireless @vzwsupport @vzwnews

What message should we send?

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am in. Already started tonight. Verizon needs to get this phone out. Or I will definitely just buy it unlocked and use it on AT&T.

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Like the premise behind the idea but would recommend a mass tweet to provide the date of release. I'd be happy with that personally.

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I suggested #OccupyVerizon as joke a while back here, but doing it for real sounds good. Panda suggested that we #OccupyZVWstores since their warehouse will have the GNex in stock by the end of this week.

We need uniformity on this or it will not work or be as impressive to them. I suggest that we tweet all of them "We Want GNex 11/10 - We Know You Have Them!". And just don't tweet it one time. Be relentless about it all day long tomorrow.

Also, maybe do it on facebook and their website all day as well. I can call the Rep back who called me this morning to let her know that their customers know they have the item in stock and ready to sell, so if they don't give us the 11/10 release date by Friday, we will physically Occupy VZW stores this weekend. She may not have any authority, but I have have some tricks up my sleeve to get her to forward it up the ranks.

Panda, can you ask your followers to do the same? And anyone who is also registered with AndroidForums ask them as well please. Let's be unified in this.

NERD UP!

Last edited:

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm you guys make good points. I tweeted tonight as well. My tweet said
@Verizon what is up with the delay of the Galaxy Nexus?? Give me my phone and take my money already.

I like the idea of a mass tweet... maybe
@Verizon I want the Galaxy Nexus. Release date? Price?

What do you guys think?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I suggested #OccupyVerizon as joke a while back, but doing it for real sounds good. Panda suggested that we #OccupyZVWstores since their warehouse will have the GNex in stock by the end of this week.

We need uniformity on this or it will not work or be as impressive to them. I suggest that we tweet all of them "We Want GNex 11/10 - We Know You Have Them!". And just don't tweet it one time. Be relentless about it all day long tomorrow.

Also, maybe do it on facebook and their website all day as well. I can call the Rep back who called me this morning to let her know that their customers know they have the item in stock and ready to sell, so if they don't give us the 11/10 release date by Friday, we will physically Occupy VZW stores this weekend. She may not have any authority, but I have have some tricks up my sleeve to get her to forward it up the ranks.

Panda, can you ask your followers to do the same? And anyone who is also registered with AF ask them as well please. Let's be unified in this.

NERD UP!

I like your idea as well.. What time should we tweet? Maybe every day at 12pm and again at around 10pm? Or every hour?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Also I dont know how to rename the thread but Occupy Verizon does sound better lol.
Maybe we should tag that in our tweet as well?
#OccupyVzW?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Cool so Operation occupy verizon commences now I guess lol

Tweet something along the lines of
@Verizon I want the Galaxy Nexus. Release date? Price? #OccupyVzW
@Verizon We Want GNex 11/10 - We Know You Have Them #OccupyVzW

Or we can use @verizonwireless. I looked it up ad both are the official twitter pages of Verizon. @Verizonwireless is for offers

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I vote once/day at noon:

@VerizonWireless we want a release date for the #GalaxyNexus.

Simple, to the point and everyone can remember the schedule. Do it on lunchbreak.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
some people that are in the AndIRC channel #gnexus have been doing the #occupyverizonwireless thing for a couple days now. I would just keep using that since it has already been started. Tweet it as much as possible and get as many people as possible to do it. We've basically just been tweeting @verizonwireless Galaxy Nexus release date please? #voccupyverizonwireless. If you're going to use that though please keep it clean.

ccjjr59

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I just did my part as I have been doing each day for the past week.

@Verizon We Want GNex 11/10 - We Know You Have Them #OccupyVzW

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
some people that are in the AndIRC channel #gnexus have been doing the #occupyverizonwireless thing for a couple days now. I would just keep using that since it has already been started. Tweet it as much as possible and get as many people as possible to do it. We've basically just been tweeting @verizonwireless Galaxy Nexus release date please? #voccupyverizonwireless. If you're going to use that though please keep it clean.

I completely agree. PLEASE KEEP ALL TWEETS CLEAN. Just makes us look better And sure we can use that as well. As long as a bunch of us do it they will hopefully notice and get the message

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae