Operation: Tweet @verizon

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
some people that are in the AndIRC channel #gnexus have been doing the #occupyverizonwireless thing for a couple days now. I would just keep using that since it has already been started. Tweet it as much as possible and get as many people as possible to do it. We've basically just been tweeting @verizonwireless Galaxy Nexus release date please? #voccupyverizonwireless. If you're going to use that though please keep it clean.

Missed it somehow. I'm going this route.

@verizonwireless Galaxy Nexus release date please? #occupyvzw.

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
some people that are in the AndIRC channel #gnexus have been doing the #occupyverizonwireless thing for a couple days now. I would just keep using that since it has already been started. Tweet it as much as possible and get as many people as possible to do it. We've basically just been tweeting @verizonwireless Galaxy Nexus release date please? #voccupyverizonwireless. If you're going to use that though please keep it clean.

Not direct enough. Too passive. They will have them in stock by next week for sure, so it's up to them when to sell them. If we tell them an actual date of 11/10, it will get the point across more effectively. We don't just want any release date, or they'll give us Dec 1st or something. We demand 11/10.

I agree about keeping it clean. We need to keep it clean or else they won't listen, but that doesn't mean we have to be passive either.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Not direct enough. Too passive. They will have them in stock by next week for sure, so it's up to them when to sell them. If we tell them an actual date of 11/10, it will get the point across more effectively. We don't just want any release date, or they'll give us Dec 1st or something. We demand 11/10.

I agree about keeping it clean. We need to keep it clean or else they won't listen, but that doesn't mean we have to be passive either.

Hmmm good point. Yes we do have to be clean and aggressive just not too aggressive... I think placing a date within the tweet doesnt hurt. Doesnt come off as aggressive to me so I think itd be fine

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

Absolutely feel free to add any details to the tweet that you would like. But I really do think that we should all have the same tag at the end that way they can see how many people are wanting this information. I know for a fact that Verizon knows there's a lot of people interested in the device. The lady that announced the release via Twitter told me that she and her workers could not believe the amount of tweets they were getting before the announcement about the device. So they without a doubt know that we were getting restless and a lot of people are interested in it. Now I'm not saying that's the reason they announced it, but maybe it is time to start up tweets and things of that nature again. But like I said before we without a doubt need to keep it clean/mature but also be stern about it.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm you guys make good points. I tweeted tonight as well. My tweet said
@Verizon what is up with the delay of the Galaxy Nexus?? Give me my phone and take my money already.

I like the idea of a mass tweet... maybe
@Verizon I want the Galaxy Nexus. Release date? Price?

What do you guys think?

I would like for someone to please explain to me how this phone is delayed. I would like for you to tell me what the original launch date was, and what date it has been delayed too. Also Verizon issued a statement telling everyone the phone will be released sometime in November, it's now the 3rd of November so how is it delayed exactly? I think it's funny that you think making demands to Verizon would actually make them tell you anything. If I told you what else I thought I would get banned.

ccjjr59

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow nice job guys, seeing tons of the tweets going through. If anyone is also on other boards please spread the word to tweet Verizon. A 11/10 release date announced tomorrow would make my month!

Tweet tweet

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I to agree a date was never told for them to be delaying it. Only times I heard were end of year and November. It just turned 11/3 here so I wouldn't worry to much. Now if it was 12/3 I could see us getting upset. I want it yesterday too but they never gave me a date that I can say they missed and its delayed. I'm all for the tweet for a date cause I would like to know what day to take off work ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
For me, personally, I find it absurd that Verizon has yet to give us a solid release date yet. Especially since the UK was able to nab one.

If anything, it'll let them know that the times we live in and Marketing in general have changed dramatically. Especially within the past year alone. There are no more secrets thanks to things like WikiLeaks and Anonymous and the like. We know that they are trying to push out the release date as far as possible purely for marketing reasons now. And we should be able to voice our opinion about that.

Tweet on...

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I would like for someone to please explain to me how this phone is delayed. I would like for you to tell me what the original launch date was, and what date it has been delayed too. Also Verizon issued a statement telling everyone the phone will be released sometime in November, it's now the 3rd of November so how is it delayed exactly? I think it's funny that you think making demands to Verizon would actually make them tell you anything. If I told you what else I thought I would get banned.

LOL nerd rage is funny sometimes...... umadbro?

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I to agree a date was never told for them to be delaying it. Only times I heard were end of year and November. It just turned 11/3 here so I wouldn't worry to much. Now if it was 12/3 I could see us getting upset. I want it yesterday too but they never gave me a date that I can say they missed and its delayed. I'm all for the tweet for a date cause I would like to know what day to take off work ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

All we want is a solid date. Well at least that's all I personally want. I know there has not been a date for them to delay. Only Verizon would announce a phone and give us a time frame of "later this year". Once Verizon gives us a date to look forward to I am pretty sure everybody will chill out.

By the way guys, tweeting at this time of night (it's currently almost 2:00 AM here) will not really do much. Tweets need to be fired off during business hours. That's when they will be most effect if this will be effective at all.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I gotta admit, this is rather amusing. It's like the forum turned into an ant colony. There's all these little red droid ants running around in every direction, doing little tasks, here and there, helping each other out. Nice efforts, hopefully, it entices them to inform is what date, "later this year", is scheduled to land on.

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1